1.    #1  
    there's a thread on this already, but how do you download quick installer after you extract all the sub folders, also how do you download nova com driver is there a specific .exe file name I double cluck on. I cannot ?find it? Please help thx.
    Extract what subfolders...? It's a jar (Java archive) file, available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO...tall-4.5.0.jar

If you have Java installed, you should be able to run that file as a Java program (just double click).

You need novacom too, yes. Once that's installed you put the WOSQI in the folder that novacom.exe is installed to, if I recall correctly. Although I think I just copied novacom.exe to the folder I keep WOSQI in.
  3.    #3  
    there are like 4 folders: org Meta-inf, com, Ca. I just double clicked on the nova com win raw icon it opens up a win zip window. What do I install? I'm downloading java to my windows 8 right now.
    There is no need to open up the jar, just run it. If it is opening the archive by default, try right-clicking and clickk open with then Java (whatever the option is..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There is no need to open up the jar, just run it. If it is opening the archive by default...
    ...then probably Java runtime isn't installed.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks702 View Post
    I'm downloading java to my windows 8 right now.
    There you go. Then as Grabber said, you should be able to execute the jar file either by double click or forcing with right click.
  6.    #6  
    I don't think my java is working it says "this app can't run on this pc" when I right click nova com and open with java. Do I need a new java?
    Java is for opening WebOS Quick Install. The JAR file. Try to open WebOSQuickInstall-[whatever].jar.

Novacom is installed only because WOSQI needs it. Novacom is a driver that tells your computer how to talk to the Touchpad when you plug it in.

Edit: And as I recall, if you open WOSQI and it has a problem finding novacom, it will offer to install it for you. Hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/17/2014 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Edit: And as I recall, if you open WOSQI and it has a problem finding novacom, it will offer to install it for you. Hopefully that helps.
    That is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is correct.
    (good thing, too. looks like the SDK executable download is broken on the dev network?)
  10.    #10  
    how do I install the quickinstaller? I right click it and opened with java.exe but doesn't work, please help I don't want to read a whole page on how to do this.