Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    Thought I would start a new thread to make it easier to find for those having trouble with aol mail.

Try doing a manual setup with these settings:

In Coming

imap.aol.com
    username: Full email address (just to be safe)
    your password
    encryption: none
    port 143

Out Going

smtp.aol.com
    user name: Full email address (just to be safe)
    your pasword
    authentication: On
    encryption: none
    port 587
    ananimus likes this.
    Yeah, noticed a night or two ago my account wasn't updating. Seems they stopped offering encrypted access (seriously?).

Changing encryption to "none" and with correct ports like you say it was back to normal.
    Hi all...

Anyone having AOL email issues this morning? Touchpad and Pre3 both started getting errors. I tried deleting and reinstalling the account, but I am continuously getting a bad username/bad password error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg90 View Post
    Hi all...

Anyone having AOL email issues this morning? Touchpad and Pre3 both started getting errors. I tried deleting and reinstalling the account, but I am continuously getting a bad username/bad password error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    I think that the issues may be on AOL's end. Around 11 am cst, AOL email began working on my Pre2 and Touchpad. Their web site has a note that the are working on IMAP problems. I have been having trouble the last two days with AOL email through a browser and on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I think that the issues may be on AOL's end. Around 11 am cst, AOL email began working on my Pre2 and Touchpad. Their web site has a note that the are working on IMAP problems. I have been having trouble the last two days with AOL email through a browser and on my phone.
    yes, thank you. Came back in a few hours. I am trying to hang on with webOS because I love it. Every sniff of a problem is a near dealbreaker. Starting to get paranoid, I guess.