Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I can access the outlook account through the web. I can access through Microsoft live. Just can't set up the Exchange or Hotmail account on the TP. My yahoo and google accounts are fine. I can set up the outlook account on my Nook, just not on the TP.

I put the server name in, username and password, message comes back invalid username or password. totally frustrating.
    usually it also requires domain name in front of the username (domain\username).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Not having a domain name doesn't seem to be the problem. It doesn't like the username/password entries, although I know what I am entering is correct.

I was going to try doctoring then trying to establish the link again, but can't get the doctor file to run now; and my touch screen seems to be failing me too now.
    Yeah the domain name is typically only for corporate Exchange environments
    Had the "Certificate has expired" problem just today. Grabber5.0, your script in post #105 worked perfectly. Thanks an awful lot!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    You're welcome! Your post reminded me to update that post with a link to the IPK I created to automate running the script. Now it is a matter of installing an IPK.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Update: I was able to package this script into an IPK which is in post #152. This makes installation a bit simpler.
    On 1.4.5, it is best to install via WOSQI, as it will pop up a big message box with the script output in it, indicating you can proceed with installing the new certificates via the Certificate Manager. One of the last lines says 'This is not an error if you are on a webOS 1.x device.', so don't panic.

Install package is located here: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.2_all.ipk

If you wan to read the full post, here is a link to post #152: [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired

Original content starts here:
    Ok that's what I did. I guess anything more and you're still just taking my word for it that they're right anyway. I will upload that version to my website. Updated link: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...cecerts.sh.txt

After downloading, remove the .txt extention and copy to your device's usb drive, and run from a terminal window. Note: if you want to do this using wterm on-device, you must have the root access configured, or you won't have permission to copy the certs and will have to copy them using Internalz.

Also, if you use this method on a 1.x device, you will have to use the Certificate Manager in the Device Info app to accept the downloaded .crt files, as the certificate store is different.
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but I think it might be worth it to make something like - How To Use to create a new certificate bundle to load on the device that updates everything, and removes expired certificates. (May be a lot of work, though?)

EDIT: Actually, since this is off topic, I am taking it to a new thread. Carry on.
    Last edited by dkirker; 06/23/2014 at 09:32 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The answer for this issue is on the Microsoft Community site.

PalmPre issues with hotmail - Microsoft Community

Basically, open your browser and type in http://s.outlook.com. You will get a pop up regarding the sites security certificate. Choose the accept option or accept always i cannot remember the exact wording. The go back to your email account and it should work or if you are setting it up for the first time like I was you should be able to complete the install without any more issues.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 920Owner View Post
    The answer for this issue is on the Microsoft Community site.

PalmPre issues with hotmail - Microsoft Community

Basically, open your browser and type in http://s.outlook.com. You will get a pop up regarding the sites security certificate. Choose the accept option or accept always i cannot remember the exact wording. The go back to your email account and it should work or if you are setting it up for the first time like I was you should be able to complete the install without any more issues.
    Nothing loads. Error 111.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    this is what results for me when I follow instructions. what have I done incorrectly and what are the consequences of not having this on the touchpad. Thank you Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by ryk1998 View Post
    this is what results for me when I follow instructions. what have I done incorrectly and what are the consequences of not having this on the touchpad. Thank you Ron
    It looks like they made a change to the root certificate again, and the script is failing to generate the required output file for webOS.. I wish I had just packaged up the .pem files in the first place and not worried about whether it was okay or not. I'll see if I can figure out what the deal is.. if not, I'll upload a new IPK with the .pem files in it and just have the script copy them where they need to go.
    Yep, getting same message as ryk1998 posted.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'll try to get the certs packaged up this week and post them
    joshua764 and plastic-man like this.
    I finally had time to sit down and look into the problem with the these certificates. The first issue was that they moved the root certificate, and the download command in the script was not following the redirect. I fixed that, and was able to download the certificate, but it failed generating the .pem file for the webOS cert store. I'm happy I left myself a verbose comment when they changed the format of the root certificate, because it helped me understand exactly what they did this time -- they changed the format back to what it was originally! I just need to re-build the package and upload it to my website, which I will do shortly.

Note the final output file is identical, so there is no reason to reinstall this package if you already have it working.
    plastic-man likes this.
    Post #105 has been updated with latest IPK version: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.4_all.ipk

Hey wait, I can put this in Preware now...
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Post #105 has been updated with latest IPK version: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.4_all.ipk

Hey wait, I can put this in Preware now...
    Wouldn't install for me.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    s.outlook.com worked for me as late as 2 days ago, but the page is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesai View Post
    Wouldn't install for me.
    What message is displayed?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    What message is displayed?

Sorry. I did not realize it was an app and not a patch. Triggered the app and it works fine.

Great work and many thanks!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I need to setup a new Outlook.com email account.

Do I use the "email" account setup option? What are the Incoming and Outgoing Server settings? Thx
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast