Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    1. I've been able to sign in to outlook.com via web page, so that's not so bad.
    2. I don't suppose that whoever it is that has come up with all of these scripts and whatnot could please, please, PLEASE create something for us non-mobile phone-developers that can be put into the app catalog that those of us that don't code, or on the very least (as in my case) devices smaller than bread baskets, could get to? Hell, I'd even pay for it!
    I've had the same problem. Took me a while to notice that I don't get new emails on my phone from hotmail.
    So I went to hotmail.com thru my browser. This is what I needed to do on my work exchange acc before they updated to newer version of the server.
    Long story short. Going to hotmail.com thru the browse installed only h.live.com.
    That didn't help with the email. I have hotmail.com account.
    Restarted - still no go.
    hit the https://s.outlook.com - no go. Same cert in the list
    hit the m.hotmail.com and I can see *.hotmail.com one.

I guess it really matters to which servers your account gets redirected to pull your email.

Hope that helps somebody else having issues with expired hotmail outlook certs.
    Lou Perfect likes this.
    The answer of my question is post #54.
    It worked. Thank you so much.
    Did enyone try to contact HP's support?

I did and they told me to use the hotmail web portal for checking my e-mails. :-O

I hope that enough people make them a little pressure. Maybe we get an official solution. And hopefully they are clever enough to provide other certificate updates before they wlll have been expired.
    I accepted the certificate. The address is the webmail of the company I am working for. I could have access to it last week.
    My device is a 32 GO Touchapd with 3.0.5 webOS version.
    Thank you for your help !
    Back from a short vacation :-) I tried the solution suggested from a_and (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3412941) for my 1.4.5 devices. I got two textfiles. I renamed them into crt-files and copied them to /medie/internal/downloads/. Then I opened them with Internalz Pro and accepted the certificates. Now everything works as it should.

The address is the webmail of the company I am working for
    You're not using a hotmail-account? Then you might need a special solution. Maybe the solution of a_and might help you. Just replace "wp000.webpack.hosteurope.de:25" with the name and the port of your companies provider. Then you might get the certificates you need.
    But as I am not very used in Linux perhaps someone else knows better than me :-)
    I seem to be getting a number of certificate problems on websites. Not using hotmail, but perhaps I should apply this fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I seem to be getting a number of certificate problems on websites. Not using hotmail, but perhaps I should apply this fix?
    When you view the certificate (you may have to trust it first) it will show you which CA it is issued by. If it's not GlobalSign, this script won't help. It will also show you the expiration date, so you can see whether or not it's expired. If it's not expired, it will help you track down the updated cert from the issuer, if there is one.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/05/2014 at 04:51 PM.
    THANK YOU for providing solutions to this Hotmail mess. I used the info in #54 above. I could not access https://s.outlook.com directly from my Pre 1 browser, so I did the following:

1. Accessed Hotmail via the browser. Signed in.
    2. Emailed myself (to Hotmail) and in it I put a link to the address - https://s.outlook.com
    3. Opened the email and clicked on the link to https://s.outlook.com
    4. It wouldn't open
    5. Closed my web browser.
    6. Reopened the browser and tried to sign back in to Hotmail (Outlook)
    7. A Mircosoft warning appeared wanting me to verify myself by my backup email address; to which they sent a code that I was to put in the warning box.
    8. Did that and it got to my Hotmail web site via the browser
    9. Tried to open the https://s.outlook.com in my hotmail email again; this time I got the "Trust the Certificate" warning. Clicked on that.
    10. All is working properly.

This is the greatest website!!
    i just realized i hadn't been getting hotmail since 1/28 also.

i visited the s-dot website cited above, did the 'trust cert' thing, but seemed to need more. so i removed the hotmail account in the accounts app, then readded it like a new account. worked perfectly and downloaded the week's pending mails.

thanks guys who worked to troubleshoot this!!
    While perhaps not specifically relevant, this article about SSL certificates may be of interest. I've not read anything regarding the robustness of the webOS browser. Was it ever audited? The comments suggest a check can be made by seeing if the router sends a request based on a fake certificate.

In the wild: Phony SSL certificates impersonating Google, Facebook, and iTunes | Ars Technica
  11.    #131  
    Anyone having problems with AOL mail too? I use SSL for picking up AOL mail using IMAP and just started getting the error message "Requested encryption not supported by server".

Doubt it is the same certificate issue since problems should have started two weeks ago. But wondering if it is something related.
    toaste likes this.
    Yes. Two screen names one was getting mail and not the other. Deleted account and now can't re-install
    even signing to aol website does not work. I just get a screen with aol mail image but no mail to read
    to be able to fix it you need to know certs are needed, so pethaps go to ssl aol mail site on PC and see which root cert is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Anyone having problems with AOL mail too? I use SSL for picking up AOL mail using IMAP and just started getting the error message "Requested encryption not supported by server".

Doubt it is the same certificate issue since problems should have started two weeks ago. But wondering if it is something related.
    Called aol and finally got someone with some kinda knowldege, got it working again so try these settings:

In Coming

imap.aol.com
    username: Full email address (just to be safe)
    your password
    encryption: none
    port 143

Out Going

smtp.aol.com
    User name: Full email address (just to be safe)
    your pasword
    authentication: On
    port 587
    Grabber5.0 and Preemptive like this.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Called aol and finally got someone with some kinda knowldege, got it working again so try these settings:

In Coming ...

Out Going ...
    Uhh, that's not the same thing. The "encryption: none" means that if you're picking up your email from an open wifi hotspot, anyone with a wifi sniffer will be able to read your email. You should be using SSL to be safe.

Did the the support person indicate if anything changed in their IMAP SSL setup? Any chance they just turned it off?
  17.    #137  
    Hey Matt,

Did someone change the certificates from Globalsign? I got an error message when trying to run your script on Root-R1.crt:
    unable to load certificate
    19241:error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag:tasn_dec.c:1316:
    19241:error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error:tasn_dec.c:380:Type=X509

I'm running on a Pre3. Also tried running the openssl command on my Ubuntu machine and got essentially the same error (C line numbers were off by a few)
    It does appear that the root certificate has been modified, and based on the error, I wonder if it is invalid. I got the same error the other day but didn't have time to look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Quote Modified remove link...

Ok that's what I did. I guess anything more and you're still just taking my word for it that they're right anyway. I will upload that version to my website. After downloading, remove the .txt extention and copy to your device's usb drive, and run from a terminal window. Note: if you want to do this using wterm on-device, you must have the root access configured, or you won't have permission to copy the certs and will have to copy them using Internalz.

Also, if you use this method on a 1.x device, you will have to use the Certificate Manager in the Device Info app to accept the downloaded .crt files, as the certificate store is different.
    Grabber5.0 that script was cool, thanks used your convert commands to create the pem files and validated the http file now used will not convert, but the original version I downloaded a few weeks ago converted and had the same fingerprints as yours...

Will look into adding these certs to my super scripts... However, could I cut/paste a few lines out of your code to add to a post?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Grabber5.0 that script was cool, thanks used your convert commands to create the pem files and validated the http file now used will not convert, but the original version I downloaded a few weeks ago converted and had the same fingerprints as yours...

Will look into adding these certs to my super scripts... However, could I cut/paste a few lines out of your code to add to a post?
    Absolutely.