Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 232
Like Tree86Likes
  1. #101  
    For anyone that wants to try it, I have a script that will download and install the updated GlobalSign certificates on 2.x and 3.x. I guess I could modify it to still download the two you need on 1.x devices, and then you can open them in Internalz and trust them. In fact I thought about doing this, but since I haven't figured out how to add them to the 1.x cert store via the script, I haven't made that change. I haven't written up instructions yet, but it's very easy with either wterm, the WOSQI command line, or a novaterm or putty session after copying the script to the device's USB drive.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Rnp and barryb20 like this.
  2. #102  
    After using this script with wterm on Pre2 2.2.4 the old .pem are correctly renamed and the new certs are in place.
    To test you can got to these two sites which should open without asking for certs to be accepted:


    https://2028ev.globalsign.com/
    https://2021.globalsign.com/

    So this script can be usefull for many other sites then only outlook.com.

    But beware of taking these kind of scripts from anywhere, as you could import yourself a lot of trouble.
    Perhaps Matt you could add a openssl fingerprint check so one could easily compare installed files with cert-website:
    GMO GlobalSign | Download GlobalSign Root and Intermediat... - https://support.globalsign.com/custo...te-certificate

    openssl x509 -noout -in GlobalSign.pem -fingerprint
    Thumbprint: b1:bc:96:8b:d4:f4:9d:62:2a:a8:9a:81:f2:15:01:52:a4:1d:82:9c

    GlobalSignOrgValid_Interm.pem
    Thumbprint: b9:ee:85:a1:0f:d4:95:d9:94:ed:63:48:8a:b7:4a:18:cb:8e:6b:fa

    Just for the paranoid among us
  3. #103  
    Do you mean just add the commands to print out the signatures to the script so they can be compared to the ones on the website by the user, or actually validate the signature in the script against the signature from the website?
  4. #104  
    well for me a printout would be sufficient and would save some manual typing.

    In the end all this security stuff is only there for those who care about it anyway and know what they are doing (which are much too few).
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  5. #105  
    Update: I was able to package this script into an IPK which is linked below. This makes installation a bit simpler.
    The app is just a shell app. The scripts do all the work. If you uninstall it, it will restore the original (expired) certs. That was a philosophical decision, to leave the device its original state if removed, even if that original state means no Hotmail access. The appinfo.json is set to hide the icon and be non-removable, but it may not hide it until after a restart. On 1.4.5, it is best to install via WOSQI, as it will pop up a big message box with the script output in it, indicating you can proceed with installing the new certificates via the Certificate Manager. One of the last lines says 'This is not an error if you are on a webOS 1.x device.', so don't panic.

    Install package is located here: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.5_all.ipk

    Now available in the app gallery! Download using Preware or WOSQI, or from the app page here: GlobalSign root certificate updater | webOS Nation (if the download from this page doesn't work, make sure it shows you as logged in at the top of the page)

    Note: currently the updated certificates are no longer working on 1.4.5, and I'm not sure why.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/15/2015 at 07:54 AM.
    Rnp, normsland and ZehHa like this.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well for me a printout would be sufficient and would save some manual typing.

    In the end all this security stuff is only there for those who care about it anyway and know what they are doing (which are much too few).






    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok that's what I did. I guess anything more and you're still just taking my word for it that they're right anyway. I will upload that version to my website. Updated link: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...cecerts.sh.txt

    After downloading, remove the .txt extention and copy to your device's usb drive, and run from a terminal window.

    I suppose I could have the script clean up after itself by deleting the downloaded files after copying them to the trustedcerts folder.
    follow every day what you are doing to improve and help those who are not developers. thank you for continuing this work.


    Enviado desde mi TouchPad usando Tapatalk 2
    Rnp likes this.
  7. #107  
    Hi Matt,

    I tried to run your scrip with wTerm but sh brings up an error: "line 44: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "fi")"

    Torsten
  8. #108  
    Hm, no go on my Palm Pre2 2.2.4:

    When I run the script I get an error:
    replacecerts.sh: line 44: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "fi")

    Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

    Wijnand
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok that's what I did. I guess anything more and you're still just taking my word for it that they're right anyway. I will upload that version to my website. Updated link: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...cecerts.sh.txt

    After downloading, remove the .txt extention and copy to your device's usb drive, and run from a terminal window.

    I suppose I could have the script clean up after itself by deleting the downloaded files after copying them to the trustedcerts folder.
    Everything running again! The script quit with an error on line 44 about an unexpected "(" instead of a "fi", but then it had already downloaded the .pem files. Copied them manually and "Voila"!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by toto-w View Post
    Hi Matt,

    I tried to run your scrip with wTerm but sh brings up an error: "line 44: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "fi")"

    Torsten
    Quote Originally Posted by Wijnand Lammens View Post
    Hm, no go on my Palm Pre2 2.2.4:

    When I run the script I get an error:
    replacecerts.sh: line 44: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "fi")

    Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

    Wijnand
    I doubt you are doing anything wrong - I made a few changes and it's possible wterm's shell doesn't like something. I did test it, I promise.. I'll take a look at it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/02/2014 at 10:46 PM.
  11. #111  
    Ok my bad.. I didn't realize I needed to escape parenthesis in an echo statement. I don't usually write a lot of messages out in my scripts but I was trying to be user-friendly with some instructions. It is fixed now.
    toto-w and Rnp like this.
  12. #112  
    Does anyone uses the LEO-App for translations?
    It doesn't work no more. Maybe for the same reason?

    I found a third certificate which has also expired:
    GlobalSignPrimSecSvr_Interm.pem

    Regards,
    Torsten
  13. #113  
    Yeah I saw that one but couldn't figure out which cert on their website was it because the names don't match up. If you figure out which one let me know and I'll add it to the script. (I confess once I knew which two were needed for Hotmail, I just did those, since that was the problem in our faces.)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/03/2014 at 10:29 AM.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by toto-w View Post
    Does anyone uses the LEO-App for translations?
    It doesn't work no more. Maybe for the same reason?

    I found a third certificate which has also expired:
    GlobalSignPrimSecSvr_Interm.pem

    Regards,
    Torsten
    Leo Dictionary App seems perhaps to fail because of missing URL http://pda.leo.org/palm/palm.php and not because of certs. Already posted in german forum where dev was active back then: App: Leo und Dict.cc sind im App Catalog (Wörterbücher) - Seite 2 - Firmenforum - Nexave Smartphone- und Tablet-Forum

    As for GlobalSignPrimSecSvr_Interm.pem it seems to be : "GlobalSign Primary Secure Server CA" also present in my Firefox 24, and now also unvalid.

    Was to be found here https://support.globalsign.com/custo...es---downloads but "Article Offline for Maintenance!".

    Google Cache reveals it, but i didn't find a follow up cert of this one.
  15. #115  
    1. I've been able to sign in to outlook.com via web page, so that's not so bad.
    2. I don't suppose that whoever it is that has come up with all of these scripts and whatnot could please, please, PLEASE create something for us non-mobile phone-developers that can be put into the app catalog that those of us that don't code, or on the very least (as in my case) devices smaller than bread baskets, could get to? Hell, I'd even pay for it!
    Auld-Yin likes this.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    1. I've been able to sign in to outlook.com via web page, so that's not so bad.
    2. I don't suppose that whoever it is that has come up with all of these scripts and whatnot could please, please, PLEASE create something for us non-mobile phone-developers that can be put into the app catalog that those of us that don't code, or on the very least (as in my case) devices smaller than bread baskets, could get to? Hell, I'd even pay for it!

    We would never be able to put something like this into the HP app catalog. It would set off all kinds of alerts in the app scanner. The best we can do is Preware, which I will do if I can get it packaged up.
    toto-w and Rnp like this.
  17. brud's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #117  
    Hi,
    A big thank to all who contributed in finding a solution.
    I have downloaded the security certificate from https://s.outlook.com on my Touchpad and I can see it in the certificates list. Nevertheless, I still have the message that it has expired.
    Does anyone have an idea ?
    Thank you for your help.
    Bruno
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by brud View Post
    Hi,
    A big thank to all who contributed in finding a solution.
    I have downloaded the security certificate from https://s.outlook.com on my Touchpad and I can see it in the certificates list. Nevertheless, I still have the message that it has expired.
    Does anyone have an idea ?
    Thank you for your help.
    Bruno

    as mentioned before, try both sites:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3412804

    Or if you are familiar with linux scripting on webOS use this, which fixes the problem (for this and other websites) at the root :
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3413122
  19. brud's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    as mentioned before, try both sites:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3412804

    Or if you are familiar with linux scripting on webOS use this, which fixes the problem (for this and other websites) at the root :
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3413122
    Thank you Gizmo21,
    In fact I have tried both sites and neither of them works.
    One detail that can be of importance : when I downloaded the certificate from https://s.oulook.com, I got a message (in French) saying that it contains non valid information and that there was a risk to put my confidential datas in danger. I bypassed the message and accepted permanent trust.
    As I am not familiar with linux scripting, I prefer not to take the risk.
    Is there anything else I can try ?
    Thank you.
  20. #120  
    If you accepted the certificate, it should be working. What is the address of the mail server in your account settings? Also what device and webOS version?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/04/2014 at 10:38 AM.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Outlook update now available from Microsoft
    By JohnLar in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04/06/2010, 09:01 PM
  2. Does 1.1 fix SSL expired issue with Outlook?
    By antonio3 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07/19/2009, 03:30 PM
  3. Sync w/ microsoft outlook
    By omgitsroy326 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02/12/2005, 12:38 AM
  4. Can't Use Microsoft Outlook
    By treo in KC in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/15/2003, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions