Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 235
Like Tree86Likes
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    A .crt is not the same as a .pem. I'm going to send you a pm to try to help you. I'm working on a script, but it's not ready.

    I haven't looked at a 1.4.5 device yet.. Sounds like I need to check mine.
    I don't know if this is helpful, but I think John Steffes was working on automating the app-cat certificate fix. Perhaps he can advise. Perhaps this could even result in a combined solution or even a way to update other certificates in future.
    Rnp likes this.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I don't know if this is helpful, but I think John Steffes was working on automating the app-cat certificate fix. Perhaps he can advise. Perhaps this could even result in a combined solution or even a way to update other certificates in future.
    I couldn't remember who was doing that. I think there is no reason they shouldn't be combined into a single package.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/30/2014 at 11:07 PM.
  3. rdesai's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    It worked for me!

    1) Go to https://s.outlook.com (it seems working even with https://m.hotmail.com )
    2) When prompted, Trust Certificate
    3) Go on Email and sync the email accounts and all will properly sync again (additionally you can do a reboot - just to be sure, but it wasn't required to my Pre3 and TouchPad)

    Easy and clean after all!

    Thanks guys! Especially Jerry!
    This works.
  4. #84  
    Has anyone found where these files are on webOS 1.x or know if it uses a different certificate store?
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Has anyone found where these files are on webOS 1.x or know if it uses a different certificate store?
    I'm not positive, but I think on webOS 1, you might have to find the Install Certificate utility, if it's there.. there's one in the App Menu of one of the Settings apps, on 2.x and 3.x
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think on webOS 1, you might have to find the Install Certificate utility, if it's there.. there's one in the App Menu of one of the Settings apps, on 2.x and 3.x
    It is there. I think you are right. I couldn't find any other keystores. I decided to first try to import the .crt files dowloaded from GlobalSign, rather than the converted .pem files, and after importing both of the new certs, I refreshed my hotmail account and it still worked. Maybe when I did it earlier on a 2.x device I only did the root certificate and not the organization validation cert. I'm going to try it again on one of my other 2.x devices.

    I was doing some Google searches, and turned up a couple of interesting articles on Palm's website. One about the certificate manager lists all of the pre-installed certificates, and their expiration dates. All right there in black and white, from the beginning:

    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/.../47857_en.html
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
  7. #87  
    It's amazing the documentation you can find on the palm and hp sites once you already know what you need to find


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Grabber5.0 and RumoredNow like this.
  8. #88  
    Ok.. I re-tested on a 2.1 device, and importing the .crt files definitely does not work - only by generating the .pem files and copying them to the trustedcerts folder was I able to add my hotmail account and sync it. So the process definitely works different between 1.x devices and 2.x and 3.x devices.
  9. #89  
    But you got it right?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok.. I re-tested on a 2.1 device, and importing the .crt files definitely does not work - only by generating the .pem files and copying them to the trustedcerts folder was I able to add my hotmail account and sync it. So the process definitely works different between 1.x devices and 2.x and 3.x devices.
    Possibly relevant, but I don't know enough to know! ;-)

    Application Signing - WebOS Internals

    Might I suggest that your research could be valuable in the future and WebOS Internals would be a good place to put it?
  11. #91  
    There also was a remove for untrusted SSL cert IPK around, could laos help finding the right way to package it:
    Remove Untrusted SSL Certificates - Patch

    Haven't found the right package, as this one seems to be empty:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ts_1.0_all.ipk
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    There also was a remove for untrusted SSL cert IPK around, could laos help finding the right way to package it:
    Remove Untrusted SSL Certificates - Patch

    Haven't found the right package, as this one seems to be empty:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ts_1.0_all.ipk
    This patch is not in Preware?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing any problem with their Microsoft Outlook connection?

    I woke up this morning to find the error message "Cannot connect to Exchange Server. The Server's security certificate has expired." I suspect the problem is on Microsoft's end but just want to be sure. I'm using s.outlook.com for my mail server. I know Microsoft has several servers and was curious if someone is using something else that works.

    This is on a Pre3, BTW.
    Very simple fix found in another forum:
    PalmPre issues with hotmail - Microsoft Community

    Just Type: https://s.outlook.com

    Go to browser and it will complain about the certificate ... press the TRUST button.

    This updates the cache of trusted certs in webos ... good for all MS server aliases:
    outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com Exchange Active Sync, POP, IMAP services

    Now successfully syncing calendar and receiving pop mail, etc.on our 4 webos devices under both my and wife's accounts.
    Note: I've dropped POP and switched to IMAP to get folder support ... now working
    Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Microsoft Windows Help
    sshaka likes this.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by CWFlink View Post
    Very simple fix found in another forum:
    PalmPre issues with hotmail - Microsoft Community

    Just Type: https://s.outlook.com

    Go to browser and it will complain about the certificate ... press the TRUST button.

    This updates the cache of trusted certs in webos ... good for all MS server aliases:
    outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com Exchange Active Sync, POP, IMAP services

    Now successfully syncing calendar and receiving pop mail, etc.on our 4 webos devices under both my and wife's accounts.
    Note: I've dropped POP and switched to IMAP to get folder support ... now working
    Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Microsoft Windows Help
    Actually the solution was posted here first. You should read the entire threads - you'll see that I cross-linked that thread here and this thread there.

    Curious why you would choose IMAP or POP over EAS protocol for an outlook.com account? EAS gives you additional features.
    Rnp likes this.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Actually the solution was posted here first. You should read the entire threads - you'll see that I cross-linked that thread here and this thread there.

    Curious why you would choose IMAP or POP over EAS protocol for an outlook.com account? EAS gives you additional features.
    Sorry this forum doesn't mark a problem as solved, they I wouldn't have wasted your time.

    I have long, long used EAS for syncing the calendar, etc. ...unfortunately it does not render HTML email on webos as is done with both POP and IMAP. ...so I use EAS for all services except email.

    Why use IMAP instead of POP? ...because it presents mail folders; POP supports only the inbox.

    Note: webos easily supports multiple protocols accessing hotmail/outlook in parallel. If you were to set it up that way, the same inbox could be presented via both the EAS, POP, and IMAP protocols in parallel, rendering the same message 3 times. I am still impressed with webos ability to configure multiple accounts. My TP currently has 11 accounts listed (various mail services, two facebook logins, two box.net, and a skype.
    Last edited by CWFlink; 01/31/2014 at 11:26 AM.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by CWFlink View Post
    Sorry this forum doesn't mark a problem as solved, they I wouldn't have wasted your time.

    I have long, long used EAS for syncing the calendar, etc. ...unfortunately it does not render HTML email on webos as is done with both POP and IMAP. ...so I use EAS for all services except email.

    Why use IMAP instead of POP? ...because it presents mail folders; POP supports only the inbox.
    I forgot about the html email formatting problem. I don't use my hotmail account a lot, so I forgot about it. We can have a mod mark the thread title with Solved - that is something they have done in the past but I think it has to be requested.
  17. #97  
    I did some testings to solve my remaining not-hotmail cert problems.

    My Pre 2 had some syncing problems with one of two hosteurope account. After a day of thinking I realized, that maybe the working hosteurope account was deleted and setup new AFTER the new cert was imported. The other account was not set up new.

    So I tried this: I deleted the not working account and set it up new. As a result it worked. (Importing a secont cert may have prevented a new setup, but I wanted to see if one may be enough).

    Then I deleted the new GlobalSign.crt from trustedfolder and renamed my edited old GlobalSign.pem_old into GlobalSign.pem. So I had this folder like it was before. As a result, both of my hosteurope accounts didn't work.

    Next try: I deleted my accounts. I copied the GlobalSign.crt into /media/internal/downloads/. Then I opened the cert with Internalz and trusted the cert. I added two new hosteurope accounts. Result: "Cert expired" message.

    Next try: Same as above. But before setting up the accounts I renamed GlobalSign.pem in trustedcerts-folder into GlobalSign.pem_old. Then the setting of the accounts worked.
    On Pre 2 (2.2.4) I have now flawless working accounts with an imported cert as crt-file. This is not easier than the other described ways, but it may be a hint, how it could work on1.4.5 devices. It seems to me, that the old cert has to be knocked out.
    In addition to this, one cert may be enough, if you set up an account new.

    The difficulty for me is, that the GlobalSign certificate in 1.4.5 seems to lie in /etc/ssl/system-bundle.crt.gz. How to get rid of one or two single certs included in one cert?
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    I did some testings to solve my remaining not-hotmail cert problems.

    My Pre 2 had some syncing problems with one of two hosteurope account. After a day of thinking I realized, that maybe the working hosteurope account was deleted and setup new AFTER the new cert was imported. The other account was not set up new.

    So I tried this: I deleted the not working account and set it up new. As a result it worked. (Importing a secont cert may have prevented a new setup, but I wanted to see if one may be enough).

    Then I deleted the new GlobalSign.crt from trustedfolder and renamed my edited old GlobalSign.pem_old into GlobalSign.pem. So I had this folder like it was before. As a result, both of my hosteurope accounts didn't work.

    Next try: I deleted my accounts. I copied the GlobalSign.crt into /media/internal/downloads/. Then I opened the cert with Internalz and trusted the cert. I added two new hosteurope accounts. Result: "Cert expired" message.

    Next try: Same as above. But before setting up the accounts I renamed GlobalSign.pem in trustedcerts-folder into GlobalSign.pem_old. Then the setting of the accounts worked.
    On Pre 2 (2.2.4) I have now flawless working accounts with an imported cert as crt-file. This is not easier than the other described ways, but it may be a hint, how it could work on1.4.5 devices. It seems to me, that the old cert has to be knocked out.
    In addition to this, one cert may be enough, if you set up an account new.

    The difficulty for me is, that the GlobalSign certificate in 1.4.5 seems to lie in /etc/ssl/system-bundle.crt.gz. How to get rid of one or two single certs included in one cert?
    Very good investigation. I never tried renaming the expired cert on 2.x after accepting the new ones. If you have to go to that trouble, may as well just install the updated ones. On 1.4.5, there was no need to do any more than trust the updated GlobalSign certs and Hotmail started working. It's a difference in how the certificate stores are set up - likely because a lot of system services in 1.x are C and java-based rather than JavaScript.

    Would you mind undoing your work on your 2.x phone and running the script I have created? Are you doing this renaming of files using Internalz or from a terminal session using putty or novaterm. That reminds me I want to try to run my script from the WOSQI command line - I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, aside from possibly needing to make sure the script picks up the current directory correctly.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2014 at 11:22 AM.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Would you mind undoing your work on your 2.x phone and running the script I have created? Are you doing this renaming of files using Internalz or from a terminal session using putty or novaterm. That reminds me I want to try to run my script from the WOSQI command line - I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, aside from possibly needing to make sure the script picks up the current directory correctly.
    Not at this time. Family is home and waiting for me :-)
    My next extended test-time will be middle of next week (with a little luck tomorrow - but let's see)
    Where is the script? - must have missed your posting...

    The Hosteurope solution is not as easy as the hotmail solution, because there is no link you can go to with your browser...
    Maybe the way a_and posted is a good hint for me and my 1.4.5 devices.

    The system-cert.crt file can be edited with a text editor. So I could replace the main cert. But for 1.4.5 this wasn't enough. Even if I set up my accounts new. I think I have to edit with another cert -- next week...
  20. #100  
    I understand. I haven't posted it because I have been adding error-checking and wanted to package it as an IPK.. I just copy it to my USB drive and run it from a shell and it does the rest.


    Sent from my iPhone using WebOS Nation mobile app
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Outlook update now available from Microsoft
    By JohnLar in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04/06/2010, 09:01 PM
  2. Does 1.1 fix SSL expired issue with Outlook?
    By antonio3 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07/19/2009, 03:30 PM
  3. Sync w/ microsoft outlook
    By omgitsroy326 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02/12/2005, 12:38 AM
  4. Can't Use Microsoft Outlook
    By treo in KC in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/15/2003, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions