Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
    Obvious question to me then: What's different that many people are affected, but not everyone?

ATT Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4, full Microsoft Exchange account for work (don't know what's on the server side, but they usually seem up to date). Everything from Contacts, Email and Calendar all still actively syncing.
    I thought it was only Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts having trouble. I suppose it could be extended to any older Exchange server with a certificate that expired this morning.
    Rnp likes this.
    Please, that there is a solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I thought it was only Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts having trouble. I suppose it could be extended to any older Exchange server with a certificate that expired this morning.
    and perhaps coorporate servers outsourced using outlook.com in the backend, which is e.g. common in universities.
    Same with my TP. But I managed to login to my Hotmail-Account with my Windows 7 PC using the same server and account settings I used to have on my TP and Pre3.

This led me to the conclusion that it might be on the webos/TP-side?

Any suggestions? Any news?
    Not working for me here either folks... It's been a few years if I recall and it was down for several weeks but eventually was fixed by Microsoft. Poopy!
  7.    #27  
    If I'm reading the error message correctly, the certificate problem is with the server when trying to setup the https connection. If you dig into the login settings | manual connection settings, you should see the server that your device is trying to connect to. Mine is "s.outlook.com". This would be the server with the outdated certificate.

Would be interested to hear if anyone is using a different server with the WebOS mail app.
    I tried with exchange connection to m.outlook.com as well as pop (pop-mail.outlook.com) and imap (imap-mail.outlook.com)

Each of them seem to work with windows, but none of them worked with the TP.

Did somebody got a reply from M$, if they can solve the certificate issue on their side?
    Usign Palm Pre 2: m.hotmail.com and dub-m.hotmail.com both stopped workign yesterday with the same certificate expired message.

Really annoying!

Any clues on work-arounds or timescale for a fix (asuming MS have accepted an issue)?
    Same for my HP Pre 3... outlook didn“t work since yesterday :-/. Hope MS can fix the problem.
    I join you. Yesterday I stopped working my hotmail account. I've tried everything but still can not connect. I hope someone finds solution

and this happens now that I'm leaving and be 100 android webOS.
    Last edited by joshua764; 01/29/2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    If I'm reading the error message correctly, the certificate problem is with the server when trying to setup the https connection. If you dig into the login settings | manual connection settings, you should see the server that your device is trying to connect to. Mine is "s.outlook.com". This would be the server with the outdated certificate.

Would be interested to hear if anyone is using a different server with the WebOS mail app.
    Hi kwarner,

Where did the original MS message you mentioned come from - is there a route into MS that we should use to report the scale of the issue (number of users/type of devices impacted)?

Cheers

Paul
    Same here with TP and Pre 3. As someone mentioned above, this same thing happened about three years ago and it took MS close to two weeks to resolve after they got hammered with tech calls from WebOS users. I suggest we turn up the volume again. Does anyone have a link to the Outlook.com support folks?
    I don't get it.. if I got directly to https://s.outlook.com in Chrome or Firefox, it shows the cert as valid. It is working on my iPhone, though it was kind of going crazy with the new mail vibration when I opened my inbox, but no messages, and it did download mail today. That does concern me a bit - why is webos rejecting it as expired but not my phone or pc browser? Proxies or redirects?

Here is what curl reports on my Pre3:
    root@MattWilliamsHPPre3:/media/internal/downloads# curl -v https://s.outlook.com/
    * About to connect() to s.outlook.com port 443 (#0)
    * Trying 157.56.17.247... connected
    * Connected to s.outlook.com (157.56.17.247) port 443 (#0)
    * successfully set certificate verify locations:
    * CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
    CApath: none
    * SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
    * SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
    * SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
    * SSLv3, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
    * SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
    error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    * Closing connection #0
    curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
    error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
    I don't get it.. if I got directly to https://s.outlook.com in Chrome or Firefox, it shows the cert as valid. It is working on my iPhone, though it was kind of going crazy with the new mail vibration when I opened my inbox, but no messages, and it did download mail today. That does concern me a bit - why is webos rejecting it as expired but not my phone or pc browser? Proxies or redirects?

SSLShopper shows certificate is ok?!

SSL Checker - SSL Certificate Verify
    I don't get it.. ....

Did you check, if the cert at the mentioned location /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt on your device is still valid?
    Open it in preware-file manager and certificate manager will tell you.
    Anybody have a screenshot of the error from Email app?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk View Post
    Did you check, if the cert at the mentioned location /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt on your device is still valid?
    Checked it: It is valid till 2015-01-19

BTW: I have the same Problem! I tried to sync with an android device and it works. WebOS not.
    @berzerk: The cert is valid until 2015-19-1

@Alan: Why? It says that the server certificate has expired. Nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk View Post
    I don't know much about certificates, but I'm pretty sure that file is not the cert for hotmail.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/30/2014 at 08:08 AM.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast