Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Never thought about trying v1.0.2.
    I'll try it when I get home.
    Don't bother - it won't work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    @Grabber5.0: Send us a tweet when you have a definitive Package / link and we will update.
    Will do. I'll take another crack at 1.x this evening, and if nothing else, it will work for 2.x and 3.x.

Ok, I had a feeling this was the case.. Because their secure server uses their own root certificate (duh), the download of the root certificate failed because the certificate could not be validated. I added the option to ignore certificate errors and that fixed it. I was a bit uneasy about that, which is why I originally didn't add the option, and since I tested it on a device that apparently already had the updated root certificate, I didn't get an error. Still looking at 1.4.5, but the updated package should work for 2.x and up. I did not change the version number, so it's still 1.0.4. See post 105 for the updated IPK. [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/09/2015 at 09:58 AM.
    I don't know what is going on with 1.4.5, but it just won't work on this Pixi I'm testing on. It downloads the certs, and I can add them using the certificate manager, but the browser still says the hotmail cert is invalid. On top of that, when I trust the hotmail cert, it works, but it doesn't show in the certificate manager.. I guess for 1.4.5, we're just going to have to stick with that method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok, I had a feeling this was the case.. Because their secure server uses their own root certificate (duh), the download of the root certificate failed because the certificate could not be validated. I added the option to ignore certificate errors and that fixed it.

I did not change the version number, so it's still 1.0.4. See post 105 for the updated IPK.
    Install now works without any problems by copying 1.0.4 link into Preware's "Install Package" menu.

Thank you, Grabber5.0 ! Good job!

It looks like, from the install log file, that just installing this ipk is enough to update the certificates. Launching the app afterwards does not really do anything. Is this correct? Or will launching the "GlobalSign Root Certific..." app update the certicates yet again?
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/08/2015 at 10:18 PM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    The app is just a shell app. The scripts do all the work. I think it's set to hide the icon, but may not until after a restart. I should have stated that on my first post about it - not sure why I didn't.
    The updated ipk in post 105 worked.
    Thank you.
    Just call me Berd.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    So... install the app, then uninstall the app? (it's work having been done)
    No, leave the app installed. Removing it restores the original certs. I debated that many times, and it seemed the right thing to do. I updated post 105 to clarify that point.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/09/2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    I concur with your logic.

From now on I will refer to this as an installer/uninstaller to hopefully communicate the function. As certificates expire, the uninstall feature be useful: Remove app, install updated app.
    I just submitted this package to the app gallery, so hopefully it will show up in Preware soon.

http://admin.webosnation.com/globals...ficate-updater
    normsland likes this.
    There is a problem with the app info in the feed for this package, so please do not try to install from the feeds in Preware or WOSQI until I post here that it is fixed. Only install directly after downloading the IPK from post 105 until then.

Edit: finally fixed the problem with the Preware feed!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/15/2015 at 07:55 AM.
    Now available in the app gallery! Download using Preware or WOSQI, or from the app page here: GlobalSign root certificate updater | webOS Nation (if the download from this page doesn't work, make sure it shows you as logged in at the top of the page)

There is no reason to download this if you have already installed it, but it won't hurt anything, and Preware will tell you there is an update available.
    Preemptive and gizmo21 like this.
    update to 1.0.5 via preware worked (as far as i could read the fast messages on install correctly - well and it didn't give an error in the end)
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    update to 1.0.5 via preware worked (as far as i could read the fast messages on install correctly - well and it didn't give an error in the end)
    Thanks for the report.
    Yeah they go by pretty fast! (well, they went very slowly on my Pre2 this morning.. May be time to wipe it and start anew). You can see the full output by selecting IPKG Log from the app menu after updating or installing the package.
    You can see the full output by selecting IPKG Log from the app menu after updating or installing the package.
    yeah know that, but was too fast with backswipe

Hope you can take this app as a base to have more cert updates released for webos in the future...
    There is already an other standard patch to have untrusted/revoked removed from webos and yours could be the one for updates.
    That's a good idea.. I'd probably just push out the updated certs in the IPK rather than downloading them on the phone.. Too easy for something to break the way it works now.
    That's a good idea.. I'd probably just push out the updated certs in the IPK rather than downloading them on the phone.. Too easy for something to break the way it works now.
    My phone just started doing the certificate problem with gmail.
    Will the global certificate updater work with that??

Thanks
    Baldric
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    My phone just started doing the certificate problem with gmail.
    Will the global certificate updater work with that??

Thanks
    Baldric
    No, you need the gsync patch for gmail. Frantid also has an updated calendar patch that includes the gsync patch plus fixes calendar sync.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast