Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes
    Use the Exchange account type, and just use m.hotmail.com for the server. As far as I know, either will work, but mine was originally a hotmail account, so that may be why it works for me. It doesn't matter which app you add the account from, it will offer to create all of the services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hey wait, I can put this in Preware now...
    Adding this to Preware would be wonderful -- I was wondering if this would be possible.

I did try to install globalsigncerts using Preware's "Install Package" feature, but ran into the following error in the IPKG Log:

Code:
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.grabber.globalsigncerts.postinst 2>&1
    Downloading updated certificates from secure.globalsign.net
    curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
    error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
    curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
    of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
    bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
    using the --cacert option.
    If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
    the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
    problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
    not match the domain name in the URL).
    If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
    the -k (or --insecure) option.
    Generating .pem format files for certificates
    unable to load certificate
    5359:error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag:tasn_dec.c:1316:
    5359:error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error:tasn_dec.c:380:Type=X509
    Generated .pem file not found, aborting!

It kind of looks like to me that it could not install the new certificates since my current ones are out of date...
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    Adding this to Preware would be wonderful -- I was wondering if this would be possible.

I did try to install globalsigncerts using Preware's "Install Package" feature, but ran into the following error in the IPKG Log:

Code:

Postinst

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.grabber.globalsigncerts.postinst 2>&1

error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Generating .pem format files for certificates

unable to load certificate

5359:error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag:tasn_dec.c:1316:

5359:error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error:tasn_dec.c:380:Type=X509

Generated .pem file not found, aborting!

It kind of looks like to me that it could not install the new certificates since my current ones are out of date...

How odd.. I installed it on a Pre3 that didn't have the updated certs on it and had no trouble. What device and webOS version?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hi, as indicated on my prior post an app showed up in a card and when tapped appeared to work. However, subsequent attempt to setup outloo.com and hotmail.com accounts failed.

Went back to WOSQI and deleted the 1.04 patch and then attempted to reinstall. Reinstall resulted in a failure with the error report stating that "...unable to load certificate...:

Using servers s.outlook.com or m.outlook.com fail to resolve the issue in exchange email setup.

My Touchpad 3.05 continues to access these email accounts correctly.

Any thoughts?
    How odd.. I installed it on a Pre3 that didn't have the updated certs on it and had no trouble. What device and webOS version?
    AT&T Pre3 with webOS version 2.2.4.

I pasted:
    Code:
    http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftware/GlobalSignCertFix/com.grabber.globalsigncerts_1.0.4_all.ipk
    into Preware's "Install Package" File text entry field. Is this the correct way to do this via Preware? I am also running Preware version 1.9.13.

Could any Patches conflict with this?
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/04/2015 at 02:29 PM.
    Try installing a patch with internalz instead?
    AT&T Pre3 with webOS version 2.2.4.

I pasted:
    Code:
    http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftware/GlobalSignCertFix/com.grabber.globalsigncerts_1.0.4_all.ipk
    into Preware's "Install Package" File text entry field. Is this the correct way to do this via Preware? I am also running Preware version 1.9.13.

Could any Patches conflict with this?

That's the same device and OS version I tested that IPK on. I used WOSQI, but Preware should have worked too. There should be no way for a patch to conflict, because it's just a shell app that runs a script to download, convert, and install the updated certs. I'll try a few other scenarios and see if I can recreate the problem. Is there any chance the date is not set right on your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    How? I do not see an install patch option or menu that accepts a URL.

I also do not see a way to download a patch to my Pre3 using Internalz Pro.

What is the best way to download the patch to my Pre3 without using USB drive mode? When I load the URL into the Web Browser, it opens up in Preware.

I try to use my Pre3 as independent from my computer as possible and when away from home, I'd have no computer access anyway.

Thank you for your help!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Found a solution:

1) Set Exchange account server to: https://m.hotmail.com

2) In browser type: https://m.hotmail.com

A requester box will come up for you to trust the certificate. Agree to trust.

You are done.
    That is certainly one way to do it, and in fact it is posted a few times in this thread. If you can't get the script package to work properly, it is a decent alternative. But, I do not feel it is the best solution, as it does not (as far as I know) update the expired GlobalSign root certificates, so it does not solve the issue for other certs that are signed with GlobalSign's root certificate.

I also have similar error
    Code:
    IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.grabber.globalsigncerts.postinst 2>&1

Error downloading certificates, aborting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    I also have similar error
    Code:
    IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.grabber.globalsigncerts.postinst 2>&1

Error downloading certificates, aborting.
    Why the heck did I not get that error? Hmm.. Will look at again tonight.
    Yep, just to confirm with 1.0.4 getting same message as posters above.
    Just call me Berd.
    Weird!! That's it - I'm packaging up the generated certs so they can just be installed. This is ridiculous!
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    OK, I manually transferred com.grabber.globalsigncerts_1.0.4_all.ipk to my Pre3 using USB Disk Mode (since I don't know of any way to download an ipk file to my Pre3 using only my Pre3 -- does anyone else know?), set Internalz Pro as the default app for ipk files (using Device Info's "Default Applications" menu), and then tried to install this ipk using Internalz instead of Preware -- it still did not work.

I also tried using WOSQI just to make sure I have all the bases covered and got a similar error message as with Preware above.

Thank you, Grabber5.0, for trying to get this to work! It is interesting that you are not getting the same error.

Update:
    I just noticed a "GlobalSign Root Certific..." app installed on my Pre3 that was not there after trying to do the install with Preware -- either Internalz or WOSQI installed it, even though both gave errors during the install process.

When I launch "GlobalSign Root Certific..." app, a screen instantly appears Titled "App Catalog Update" with text below it saying:
    "Updated GlobalSign root certificates have been installed. This restores the ability to sync with Hotmail and Outlook.com servers".

How can I make sure the latest certificates were really installed? I don't use Hotmail or Outlook.
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/08/2015 at 10:51 AM.
    so neither 1.0.4 IPK nor replacecerts.sh worked on my pre2

but that .sh generated a Root-R1.crt with an redirect html text in it. So that:

L18: curl -o Root-R1.crt --location-trusted http://secure.globalsign.net/cacert/Root-R1.crt

did the download right and as they have changed back to DES you also need to change back:

L23: openssl x509 -inform DES -in Root-R1.crt -out GlobalSign.pem -text

That's how i got a "Certificates copied successfully" and my buggy dhl site at least opens again

So, now grabber, we just need a IPK 1.0.5 of that from you, so that the usual user also gets an updated cert
    And all older versions should be delete from your server (or redirected )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    so neither 1.0.4 IPK nor replacecerts.sh worked on my pre2

but that .sh generated a Root-R1.crt with an redirect html text in it. So that:

L18: curl -o Root-R1.crt --location-trusted http://secure.globalsign.net/cacert/Root-R1.crt

did the download right and as they have changed back to DES you also need to change back:

L23: openssl x509 -inform DES -in Root-R1.crt -out GlobalSign.pem -text

That's how i got a "Certificates copied successfully" and my buggy dhl site at least opens again

So, now grabber, we just need a IPK 1.0.5 of that from you, so that the usual user also gets an updated cert
    And all older versions should be delete from your server (or redirected )
    Do I still have a link to the script on here somewhere? I will clean up the old files.. IPK 1.0.4 downloads the .crt file from the target of the redirect so that I would not need to follow the redirect, and accounts for the change in format. I can't figure out why it worked for me and nobody else, unless I already had the updated certs. The new URL is https, so maybe I already had the updated certs. I frankly have given up downloading them and I am working on a new ipk that has them packaged up in the format needed. For some reason, it's not working on webOS 1.x, which is why I have not uploaded it yet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Do I still have a link to the script on here somewhere? I will clean up the old files.. ...
    Link is still wrong in Step 6 of that "GUIDE: COMING (BACK) TO WEBOS IN 2014, PART 1" pivotCE article, which I know you did not write, but old link to v1.0.2 still works:
    http://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide-...n-2014-part-1/
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/08/2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Link is still wrong in Step 6 of that "GUIDE: COMING (BACK) TO WEBOS IN 2014, PART 1" pivotCE article, which I know you did not write, but old link to v1.0.2 still works:
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Never thought about trying v1.0.2.
    I'll try it when I get home.
    Just call me Berd.
    @Grabber5.0: Send us a tweet when you have a definitive Package / link and we will update.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast