Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
  1.    #1  
    Any chance we could make a theme for webOS 3.04 that looks like Mochi ui? I know we have the keyboard themes so we could steal the keyboard. Also Could open webOS be changed to look like Mochi UI? That way when webOS ports gets done we can have that style on the new devices. Random but I fell inlove yesterday and can't get Mochi UI out of my head.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    xandros9 likes this.
    Choorp is already working on something for TP (with LunaCE)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Random but I fell inlove yesterday and can't get Mochi UI out of my head.
    It really is quite pretty.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    The Verge didn't give me much to go on when it comes to the OS. All they show is the homescreen, so I have to work off that and pretend that I know what I'm doing design-wise. It's "ok" so far, but still pretty rough and no where close to being finished. Just having some fun with the idea.

Edit:

Darkened the system menu icons.
    Last edited by Choorp; 01/03/2014 at 05:36 PM.
  5.    #5  
    This is extreme exciting. The design is really quite beautiful, what is excite is itai vonshak works at LG now so I hope to see his UI brilliance on webOS TVs. Bun anyways, this almost feels like a webOS update lol "webOS 4.0 Eel with mochi UI"
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    The Verge didn't give me much to go on when it comes to the OS. All they show is the homescreen, so I have to work off that and pretend that I know what I'm doing design-wise. It's "ok" so far, but still pretty rough and no where close to being finished. Just having some fun with the idea.

Click to view quoted image

Edit:

Maybe one of us should contact itai and see if he can provide us with more screen shots or point us to someone who can.
    Any chance we could make a theme for webOS 3.04 that looks like Mochi ui? I know we have the keyboard themes so we could steal the keyboard. Also Could open webOS be changed to look like Mochi UI? That way when webOS ports gets done we can have that style on the new devices. Random but I fell inlove yesterday and can't get Mochi UI out of my head.
    I have the same problem! It is so amazing and it's so sad that it got trashed by HP. This should absolutely be Open WebOS 2.0
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Maybe one of us should contact itai and see if he can provide us with more screen shots or point us to someone who can.
    Any additional screenshots or info would be great.
    Maybe is there a way we could get LG to release this as an update to Open WebOS?

Edit:

This looks pretty awesome so far. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Looks like someone else is already planning to do an Eel/Mochi theme. Guess I don't need to worry about this anymore?
  12.    #12  
    Looks like someone else is already planning to do an Eel/Mochi theme. Guess I don't need to worry about this anymore?
    Who? I have contacted Dieter and Itai to see if they could provide use with some extra screenshots or point us else where so hopefully they contact me or you and help us out.

Vistaus, MAMISHO and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by railbear007 View Post
    Maybe is there a way we could get LG to release this as an update to Open WebOS?
    Lolwut. Eel is a limited prototype design only, no real code.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i would be happy to pay for having the possibility to get a Eel Mochi theme! It looks bloody amazing in the pics and vid shown on The Verge! How great would it have been if this was further developed into a major update/upgrade of the already amazing OS we still love and are using daily!?

I hope Dieter, Itai or anybody else involved in designing this can help us in updating it ourselves or with making it into a theme!! Please guys, HELP US! You would be the HERO of 2014 (to me)!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Who?
    Nevermind, I think I read his tweet wrong. He's planning a theme for Enyo, not webOS. I'll continue with my efforts.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This would look pretty sweet on my aging Pre3...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17.    #17  
    That will be great if we get the webOS theme and a Enyo theme and rework some of the stock apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    This would look pretty sweet on my aging Pre3...

Makes me wonder: @Choorp: Touchpad only or Pre 3? Because I was expecting Touchpad but come to think of it, it would be little to no work to add Pre 3 support as well (as far as I remember from the themes).
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Makes me wonder: @Choorp: Touchpad only or Pre 3? Because I was expecting Touchpad but come to think of it, it would be little to no work to add Pre 3 support as well (as far as I remember from the themes).
    I'm only working on a Touchpad version. Very little, if anything, could be reused on the Pre 3.
    Rnp and VasTheGreek like this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Well, if anybody cares to throw in Pre3 support, I'd appreciate it, but no big deal either way. I'll admire from afar.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast