Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    I'll help too! With uh...emotional support! And I'll do an article on it for pivotCE! And...uh...that's probably all I got!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Choorp, railbear007 and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    You did say "Luna Next will be perfectly capable of running on the Touchpad." Note the use of "perfectly capable" and the implications of that phrase.

EDIT:

The implication being that Ports is targeting the TouchPad. It, unfortunately, isn't straight forward, and would require someone ensuring that libhybris supports the TouchPad (and then compiling Qt5 and Wayland). Not something that Ports has on our roadmap. So, it will likely never happen. Unless you're offering.

Though! There is, to my knowledge, no UI theme for open webOS that Ports is doing. And some of the thoughts for Mochi are rather nice.
    Is it easier to support the android side of touchpad w libhybris or is that hard too?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Is it easier to support the android side of touchpad w libhybris or is that hard too?
    I thought Android was only on the TP because HP accidentally released a couple with Android on - so the drivers already existed.

But then, the whole point of the webOS-Ports project is to target new hardware (Nexus 7) & the TP, though a pretty good tablet for 2011, is aging. Also perhaps, if the port is based on libhybris drivers, perhaps it won't work with the TP's android drivers or even the original webOS drivers! If anyone wants to clarify, please do!

If so, then effort will be required to port to the TP - and this will be a distraction from the Port team's goal of new webOS on new hardware.

...and back on topic, Choorp's theme would be a great option to have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I thought Android was only on the TP because HP accidentally released a couple with Android on - so the drivers already existed.

But then, the whole point of the webOS-Ports project is to target new hardware (Nexus 7) & the TP, though a pretty good tablet for 2011, is aging. Also perhaps, if the port is based on libhybris drivers, perhaps it won't work with the TP's android drivers or even the original webOS drivers! If anyone wants to clarify, please do!

If so, then effort will be required to port to the TP - and this will be a distraction from the Port team's goal of new webOS on new hardware.

...and back on topic, Choorp's theme would be a great option to have!
    Not sure how we got the actual Android drivers for the TP. HP's released drivers were only Android 2.3.x and we're now on Android 4.4 with a newer kernel. I suspect they might have been used as a base, but a lot of things have been rewritten or taken from Aurora open source project for Qualcomm?

Theoretically webOS-Ports can run on the TP, however the team focuses on open hardware as initial porting targets. Once these are stable, it should be fairly straight forward to port it to any device running Android. See also the Porting Guide at Porting Guide - WebOS-Ports. The instructions here are a little over my head, but I'm sure talented devs like NewbyJE or jcsullins could make it work without too many problems
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    I misread the guy's tweet. He's considering making a theme for Enyo, not webOS. I'll be continuing with my webOS theme and will keep you guys updated with the progress. Don't have anything new to share yet since my last screenshots due to not a lot of free time. I should have time this week to work on it though.

The theme won't require LunaCE, but will need a custom-made Luna for the full effect. If I can't find anyone to do that for me, I'll have to dumb the theme down a bit. I won't be able to do much with the launcher, status bar, or keyboard.
    But will the custom-made Luna be based on LunaCE? Because I don't wanna lose any functionality from LunaCE just for the sake of enjoying the beautiful Eel theme

(oh, and if possible: please make one without the keyboard theme because the only thing I don't like about Eel is the look of the keyboard)
    Good day , I am beginner in all this , but I felt sad after seeing the matter of The verge on could be WebOS . I really liked the system and apparatus , shame that HP could not carry on . Well , after seeing what LG walked changing the interface of the system , I saw that the WebOS we knew died . It now remains that this amazing work you give fruit. I cheer a lot to make it work ! I speak portuguese and I live in Brazil (I'm using google translator to write this text , so excuse the mistakes ) , but still wanted to help bring this system back . I have some ideas desing , I'm not a programmer , but I really like the interface systems . I just wanted to be able to give my opinion on Choorp gorgeous design that is already in progress . Parentheses around the intensities should be thicker and not with the simple line , the options menu in the upper right corner , deivia be similar to panels of the system , he should emerge from right to left , occupying a strip on the right side of top to bottom , like the multi -tasking of the prototype system panels . The icons should be in the lead gray color used on the main brace , all icons , including weather forecasting . Well , for now it's just what I have observed , I hope it was useful because it wanted to live again. Many thanks to all of you and good job!
    Last edited by Sandro Soares1; 01/08/2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But will the custom-made Luna be based on LunaCE? Because I don't wanna lose any functionality from LunaCE just for the sake of enjoying the beautiful Eel theme

(oh, and if possible: please make one without the keyboard theme because the only thing I don't like about Eel is the look of the keyboard)
    I think it should be. I'm trying to get a hold of the Ports lead to see who can assist in updating LunaCE for this on GitHub. ShiftyAxel used to be in charge of LunaCE it seems and he's moved over to the dark side (iOS) from what I can see.

Keyboard could become a Tweaks option to enable/disable it
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Speaking of keyboard is there a way we can port something like swype or swiftkey to WPOW OS and WEbOSCE as the original keyboard was good when it was released but is now aging...

Sent from my iPhone :-( which I'm using since I lost my android for the past day :-(
    using Tapatalk
    It would look great swiftkey on ell mocha theme

Sent from my iPhone :-( which I'm using since I lost my android for the past day :-(
    using Tapatalk
    Mochi - Yes - It does exist.
    Enyo team showed it during:
    Enyo team hangout, Thursday, January 16th, 2014
    If you are interested then let them know.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Mochi - Yes - It does exist.
    Enyo team showed it during:
    Enyo team hangout, Thursday, January 16th, 2014
    If you are interested then let them know.
    Damn! I can't believe I missed this...

Did anyone take any screenshots of Mochi while the video was available?
    Damn! I can't believe I missed this...

Did anyone take any screenshots of Mochi while the video was available?
    Yes - video is private now.
    broadcast quality was not too good.
    Sent PM if you want few more details.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    That's pretty cool! I may have to give it a try on my Nexus 5.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    As far as the Mochi theme goes, I'm still waiting for that EnyoJS video to be made public... Hopefully that happens in the near future so I can start working on this theme again.
    Enyo team has indicated they want to open source Mochi and can be used similar to/instead of Onyx! LG/Enyo team doesn't have resources to maintain it themselves.

WebOS Ports and others have indicated that they're happy to take this on board So hopefully soon we can make nice apps with Mochi

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    As far as the Mochi theme goes, I'm still waiting for that EnyoJS video to be made public...
    I do not expect that the EnyoJS hangout video will be made public at any time.

But in regards to "Mochi" - as Herrie indicates - please support the WebOS Ports team to maintain it once Mochi is released on GIT.
    Frankly I think webOS ports has much more important work going on to worry about a makeover for the UI. Not that I speak for them, that's just my two cents.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/26/2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Frankly I think webOS ports has much more important work going on to worry about a makeover for the UI. Not that I speak for them, that's just my two cents.
    Yes and no. Other people that indicated interest so far don't seem to have experience with managing open source projects while Ports members have :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Choorp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That may be true but I think webOS Ports was the convincing authority to EnyoJS that the community did have interest in taking over the 90% completed product. "Interest" was the stipulation before they would agree to open source it. It seems that webOS Ports and a few interested individuals sparked EnyoJS to agree to follow through. Now that they have agreed, it most likely will be up to outside volunteers to make it happen. In fact, I'd imaging "UI Themer" is a postion that coincidentally just opened at webOS Ports!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast