Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
    is the above picture a mockup or work in progress, if its work in progress does that mean via lunaCE we can at last recolor the keyboard text? instead of having fixed black/grey and shadowed white.

i have so many abandoned "black/dark" colored keyboard themes because they looked horrid with fixed text colors.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is the above picture a mockup or work in progress, if its work in progress does that mean via lunaCE we can at last recolor the keyboard text? instead of having fixed black/grey and shadowed white.

i have so many abandoned "black/dark" colored keyboard themes because they looked horrid with fixed text colors.
    It's real. Yes, by editing Luna you can change the key text colors. LunaCE does not include this feature.

That reminds me... When the time comes, I'm going to need someone to build me a version of LunaCE with some adjustments. Otherwise, this theme will be a bit limited...
    Last edited by Choorp; 01/04/2014 at 05:43 PM.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Here's a proof-of-concept screenshot I took a long while ago after making some tweaks to LunaCE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Here's a proof-of-concept screenshot I took a long while ago after making some tweaks to LunaCE.
    awesome as always.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #25  
    @choorp Did you design the app drawer yet?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Yea, but it needs some Luna tweaks to be usable.
  7.    #27  
    This was my reply from Dieter today:
    "Hey Matthew -

That's pretty awesome. I have a couple more but nothing that's all
    that different from what I shared in the post. Good luck!"
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    It's real. Yes, by editing Luna you can change the key text colors. LunaCE does not include this feature.

That reminds me... When the time comes, I'm going to need someone to build me a version of LunaCE with some adjustments. Otherwise, this theme will be a bit limited...
    The webOS-ports version is called 'Luna next'. I suppose you could try the latest build in an emulator and/or look at the code. Alternatively, you could simply offer your tweaks to the project...
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    The webOS-ports version is called 'Luna next'. I suppose you could try the latest build in an emulator and/or look at the code. Alternatively, you could simply offer your tweaks to the project...
    I believe Luna Next is for Open webOS, not the legacy version. I haven't made any Luna tweaks so I have nothing to contribute to their project.
    I believe Luna Next is for Open webOS, not the legacy version. I haven't made any Luna tweaks so I have nothing to contribute to their project.
    Er, OK.

Maybe I misunderstood...

I am of course assuming that Luna Community Edition, being supplied from the OpenwebOS / Internals / Ports team to the Touchpad may have some compatibility with Luna Next. But my assumptions are frequently wrong...

Oh, I get it, you've modified some values in Legacy Luna (not tweaked it) & tweaked LunaCE. But I guess it was the CE tweaks I meant...
    You seem to imply that the changes you made to enable your theme can be added to CE and I was wondering if that could also be included in Luna Next (if it isn't already there)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/05/2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Er, OK.

Maybe I misunderstood...

I am of course assuming that Luna Community Edition, being supplied from the OpenwebOS / Internals / Ports team to the Touchpad may have some compatibility with Luna Next. But my assumptions are frequently wrong...

Oh, I get it, you've modified some values in Legacy Luna (not tweaked it) & tweaked LunaCE. But I guess it was the CE tweaks I meant...
    You seem to imply that the changes you made to enable your theme can be added to CE and I was wondering if that could also be included in Luna Next (if it isn't already there)
    Luna Next is a complete rewrite of LunaSysMgr from scratch (LunaCE is based on the open sourced LunaSysMgr from webOS 3.0 which is different again from the LunaSysMgr in Open webOS). The code for Luna Next is being reused from Open webOS LunaSysMgr where possible, but a lot of things are being done completely from scratch. LunaSysMgr had a lot of not optimal code due to legacy webOS (Mojo and other bits), was using QT 4.8, older WebKit etc.

Luna Next uses QT 5.x, newer WebKit etc that offers a lot of benefits.

Could things be added to Luna Next eventually (including LunaCE features)? Yes, but it will require some work. Too bad ShiftyAxel is not active anymore for this community because he did miracles on LunaCE!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Luna Next is a complete rewrite of LunaSysMgr from scratch (LunaCE is based on the open sourced LunaSysMgr from webOS 3.0 which is different again from the LunaSysMgr in Open webOS). ..
    Luna Next uses QT 5.x, newer WebKit etc that offers a lot of benefits.
    Thanks for explaining !
    How does Luna Next relate to Enyo2 (2.2.3 version)? Is Enyo2 used to build Luna Next ? Or is this a different level in the architecture? I really need some architecturual picture of the whole Open WebOS story.

BTW - will LG webOS devices use Open webOS items or is the other way that LG (HP?) does contribute to Open webOS?
    Luna Next will be perfectly capable of running on the Touchpad. As soon as someone ports over at least Qt 5 and the new WebKit (dkirker might need some help ). Not sure if it'll run perfectly then, but at least the minimum requirement is filled and from there on the path of getting it to run would not be so difficult anymore.

At least, that's my take on it. Maybe I'm completely wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Luna Next will be perfectly capable of running on the Touchpad. As soon as someone ports over at least Qt 5 and the new WebKit (dkirker might need some help ). Not sure if it'll run perfectly then, but at least the minimum requirement is filled and from there on the path of getting it to run would not be so difficult anymore.

At least, that's my take on it. Maybe I'm completely wrong.
    It isn't webOS-Port's goal to produce "Luna Next" for the Touchpad (that is not the focus, at the time being). Please be mindful of the promises that you make (and to whom).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    It isn't webOS-Port's goal to produce "Luna Next" for the Touchpad (that is not the focus, at the time being). Please be mindful of the promises that you make (and to whom).
    What? I never said it was they're goal so I dunno where you got that from? I only said that it would be *easier* to get it to run once Qt5 and new WebKit are there on the TP, I never said 'easier to port by the ports team'. Please be mindful of what you read (and how you respond to that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    What? I never said it was they're goal so I dunno where you got that from? I only said that it would be *easier* to get it to run once Qt5 and new WebKit are there on the TP, I never said 'easier to port by the ports team'. Please be mindful of what you read (and how you respond to that).
    You did say "Luna Next will be perfectly capable of running on the Touchpad." Note the use of "perfectly capable" and the implications of that phrase.

EDIT:

The implication being that Ports is targeting the TouchPad. It, unfortunately, isn't straight forward, and would require someone ensuring that libhybris supports the TouchPad (and then compiling Qt5 and Wayland). Not something that Ports has on our roadmap. So, it will likely never happen. Unless you're offering.

Though! There is, to my knowledge, no UI theme for open webOS that Ports is doing. And some of the thoughts for Mochi are rather nice.
    Last edited by dkirker; 01/06/2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Refactored the second paragraph for clarity and to be less technical given the off topic nature of most of the post.
    Did you know:

And I also said at the end of that post: "That's MY take" and esp.: "Maybe I'm completly wrong". So you actually came off rather fierce even though I already knew I might be wrong. It's not that I don't like to be proven wrong, it's just that you could've responded a little milder instead of coming off so fierce.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Okay enough of the gibberish, let's get back to the theme! @Choorp, have you found somebody else who is making a theme based on Eel Mochi? I wish I had any skills in programming/writing that stuff, so I could help! If you are continuing with it yourself, could you please give us an update once in a while here? Did I understand things correctly that it would only work in the community edition?

@Mattmers did you get any more info or screenshot from Dieter? And did you also contact Itai for this?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    I misread the guy's tweet. He's considering making a theme for Enyo, not webOS. I'll be continuing with my webOS theme and will keep you guys updated with the progress. Don't have anything new to share yet since my last screenshots due to not a lot of free time. I should have time this week to work on it though.

The theme won't require LunaCE, but will need a custom-made Luna for the full effect. If I can't find anyone to do that for me, I'll have to dumb the theme down a bit. I won't be able to do much with the launcher, status bar, or keyboard.
    dkirker, mattmers and Vistaus like this.
    I misread the guy's tweet. He's considering making a theme for Enyo, not webOS. I'll be continuing with my webOS theme and will keep you guys updated with the progress. Don't have anything new to share yet since my last screenshots due to not a lot of free time. I should have time this week to work on it though.

The theme won't require LunaCE, but will need a custom-made Luna for the full effect. If I can't find anyone to do that for me, I'll have to dumb the theme down a bit. I won't be able to do much with the launcher, status bar, or keyboard.
    Lemme know if I can help!
    Did you know:

Choorp and mattmers like this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast