Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Let's not forget about the development part of this history. Using JavaScript to write phone apps, Enyo, developers wandering into mobile app development (me!), cross app launch parameters - priceless!

Ohhh the humanity.....
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Rnp likes this.
    I wouldn't be here if all that fire sale business hadn't happened. (I was just trying to clean up my email box, and I noticed that the first message in my inbox, was an announcement from some site, about the fire sale.. with my "Welcome to webOS" email a couple messages later... ahh, the memories)

Of course, i'll leave that up to each one of you individually to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Same here I must admit Eric.... TP, followed by Veer and many others since ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I have to be honest, I don't like it very much. I hope they don't make open webOS look like that. I know UIs have to evolve, but I still prefer the phone UI. It's good to know they were still working on it though.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/03/2014 at 05:45 PM.
    PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I think the saddest and most ironic thing that I took away from that read was that it seemed that a huge factor in the demise of webOS is the fact that it was hardware that kept kicking HP's ****. Seemed to be the one area that they kept falling behind on and was the most ironic Achilles heal of that hardware company. I always picture a boardroom full of stodgy old men stuck in their ways of not being willing to change and thinking no one could beat them at hardware so why worry. Sadly, HP was old and slow.
    I think years of HP being in the PC market sucked away their creativity. Their enemy was Dell and pc manufacturers. Really the only differences between their products were cost and shape of casing. Even their Printing products have been weakening.
    Someone posted that HP had enough money for webOS. Yes technically it did but I think only some people Mark Hurd who was fired and a few players in HP supported the Palm acquisition. So it was tolerated as a CEO project but not bet the farm acquision. Of course, their really expensive acquisitions failed miserably because of overvaluation. HP was completely dysfunctional at that point with squabbling infighting factions. Plus acquisitions always take time to finish- time that Palm clearly didn't have with Apply and Android going full speed.
    Let's see if LG can do something worthy with webOS next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, there's plenty of transparency stuff in iOS 7, but the vast majority of the new graphics stuff is only available on iPad 3+ and iPhone 5+. Even the parallax mapping of the background image is significantly lessened on the older devices.

Not that these problems can't be worked around, or gotten through, but even with the incredible pace of mobile display hardware, Apple's incredible pace of strapping more and more pixels to it seems to be outpacing the display hardware. iPad 2 to Retina requires 2.6x the hardware to maintain the same fill rate. What's next? 4K will take 2x that to maintain the same fill rate, or 4x the hardware to maintain a 1080p fill rate.

... and 8k will require 4x the hardware of 4k. ugh! :-)
    IOS 7 works exactly the same on every device that was updated to it except the iPhone 4. There are slight performance issues (such as parallax as you mentioned) on the A5 processors but almost negligible. The iPhone 4 is terrible though, and it didn't even get the complete update in terms of UI.

Tapatalking from my awesome iPhone 5 or very comfy Nexus 7...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have to be honest, I don't like it very much. I hope they don't make open webOS look like that. I know UIs have to evolve, but I still prefer the phone UI. It's good to know they were still working on it though.
    I have to agree, but the software that the software UI is not bad looking at all....but i would like to see the icons with more colors instead of black and gray. Would would like to see on the WebOS (EEL project), will be voice control as Google Now/ Siri incorporated into the OS, more synergy functionality and services, ability to open multiple cards on same screen like Windows 8 tablets interface, and of course a more updated browser with flash player 11.1.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    This is a sad day for mobilenations when competitors now just post links to their site.

(yes I know who Dieter is). but still a competitor. He was traded to another team (if it was sports kinda) lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I have to agree, but the software that the software UI is not bad looking at all....but i would like to see the icons with more colors instead of black and gray. Would would like to see on the WebOS (EEL project), will be voice control as Google Now/ Siri incorporated into the OS, more synergy functionality and services, ability to open multiple cards on same screen like Windows 8 tablets interface, and of course a more updated browser with flash player 11.1.
    Yeah, I didn't dislike everything about it, but especially hate the lifeless black and white icons. There were some things I did like.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks for the post, Dieter!
    With all of the backstory coming to light recently, I'm beginning to wonder if there is enough material for a book yet? I'd love to hear the whole saga laid out from beginning to end, with insight from the people who were there at the time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    New article on Verge today about LG and WebOS

.LG puts webOS front and center at CES 2014 | The Verge

Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    New article on Verge today about LG and WebOS

.LG puts webOS front and center at CES 2014 | The Verge

New WebOS logo:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3808821/webos.jpg
    xandros9 and wideeyed85 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    now if i could just peel the HP logo off my pre3 and slap an LG one on to go with my LG bootlogo id be happy.

having a product, ANY product thats got LG and webOS in 1 sentence is a good thing, at least we can see them actually doing something with it, not quite the direction we hope for but their at least doing a hell of a lot more than HP's efforts.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    deibski likes this.
    Hey Dieter, hope you got into CES ok.

What do you think about the Enyo apps I found in the LG store for the webOS tv?

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-webos-tv.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123