Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    interesting.
    YES!
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Shame though - I'd be way more interested in a set top box than a new TV.
    i'd be much more interested in a new phone than a set top box

(sorry for that shameless joke)
    Grabber5.0 and C-Note like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Shame though - I'd be way more interested in a set top box than a new TV.
    Personally, I will be getting my first LCD TV soon.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Rnp and kaidoloor like this.
    good find, nice read

hope something comes of their plan to encourage new devs to utilise enyo.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I think that might've been a poor translation or miscommunication about Enyo, or possibly missing some detail. It's not like Enyo 2.0 - 2.3 development hasn't been completely in open source or anything.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    What's wrong with The Verge site? Can't access from the above link, or directly via my Touchpad browser, or via their mobile page from my Pre 3.
    Personally, I will be getting my first LCD TV soon.
    It won't come to plasma? Only plasma here, no LCD.... Maybe OLED when it matures.....

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/20/2013 at 02:50 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It won't come to plasma? Only plasma here, no LCD.... Maybe OLED when it matures.....

I don't think I've ever even seen a plasma TV..
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Only plasmas here too...but now that Panasonic is halting plasma production, might as well make my 1st non-plasma HDTV a webOS one.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

Most tv companies are giving up on plasma tvs including panasonic. Pioneer gave up a few years ago. Everyone is going to lcd, or led. I think the cost of plasma manufacturing is higher than lcd and plasma is less efficient than lcd. The advantages of plasma (deeper black colors and fast response for games, action movies than lcd) has been reduced with new gen lcds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Most tv companies are giving up on plasma tvs including panasonic. Pioneer gave up a few years ago. Everyone is going to lcd, or led. I think the cost of plasma manufacturing is higher than lcd and plasma is less efficient than lcd. The advantages of plasma (deeper black colors and fast response for games, action movies than lcd) has been reduced with new gen lcds.
    Glad I already got my plasma then (a Panasonic Viera). I had seen a few LCD TVs that I rather liked, but I still preferred the picture on the plasma. I'm sure way down the road when I finally replace this one, they will finally be there with the LCD screens. I have my doubts about AMOLED, but who knows what will happen in the next 5-10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Glad I already got my plasma then (a Panasonic Viera). I had seen a few LCD TVs that I rather liked, but I still preferred the picture on the plasma. I'm sure way down the road when I finally replace this one, they will finally be there with the LCD screens. I have my doubts about AMOLED, but who knows what will happen in the next 5-10 years.
    5-10 years? now that display technology is moving almost in place with Moore's Law? 10 years out, we'll have like 80K HD

There's already talk of the highest end sets in the next year or three being 8K HD
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    We recently calculated that 8K is already above the resolution you could see with an human eye under optimal conditions (and some unreal ones like your eye's resolution would be fix at it's maximum over the whole view angle), even in close distances. I know, such arguments never stopped those high number evolutions... but I think there will be a halt somewhere soon in the display resolutions.

Ah, and I can't wait to see those TV's released. Another chance for a screwed up webOS launch. Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I think that might've been a poor translation or miscommunication about Enyo, or possibly missing some detail. It's not like Enyo 2.0 - 2.3 development hasn't been completely in open source or anything.
    have any devs outside of the usual webOS circles been adopting enyo2 tho? i was more interested in the article explaining that LG were activly encouraging new devs to use enyo instead of what they use normally, that seemed like good news.

totally no idea if we can benefit from that tho, likely going to be a wealth of apps and that we will simply be out of date.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    my old'ish BenQ GL2750 LED monitor is still pretty damned good in my opinion, i also have a smaller portable 15" LCD hdmi monitor used for if/when i take my ps3/xbox/amiga stuff with me and tbh both of them are pretty good quality.

deffo some major improvements of recent years and its only getting better and more importantly cheaper as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    have any devs outside of the usual webOS circles been adopting enyo2 tho? i was more interested in the article explaining that LG were activly encouraging new devs to use enyo instead of what they use normally, that seemed like good news.

totally no idea if we can benefit from that tho, likely going to be a wealth of apps and that we will simply be out of date.
    There are a number of Enyo 2 apps out there in the iOS and Android catalogs, although I couldn't really point to any of them. I think there might be links on the enyojs site. They're getting quite hard to distinguish, as people have become very good at restyling things.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I will buy a webos tv! just to smack LG C.E.O with it! to knock some sense into him so LG will make a webos phone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast