View Poll Results: Which device would you purchase?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.5" screen $249-$299 iphone 4s size

    6 22.22%
  • 4" screen $399 blackberry z10 size

    20 74.07%
  • 5" screen $499 note size

    0 0%
  • 5.5-6" screen $549 note 2/3 size

    1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello All,

    Just missing WebOs so much from using iPhone and Android they both suck, even with Apples WebOs rip off they still couldn't do it right. The best feature of the multitasking was swiping up or just swiping left and right to switch the whole app, not double tapping the home key and scrolling through apps.

    Again when companies copy and don't innovate can't even copy properly. Anyway am trying to see if building my own Webos device is economically feasible, and just getting some general consensus on what device you guys would like to see, pretty much screen size, as only 1 device would be build at first, for apparent cost reasons.

    Of course it would be the slate we have all wanted and waited for since the beginning. Please vote and post any comments thanks. The internals would of course be whatever makes sense cost wise, being that the palm 3 runs perfectly fine on old hardware, anything recent would be a step up.

    More interested in the price points and screen size you guys want. I am thinking if we can build a old hardware phone with a decent screen size 3.5-4" that runs smoothly with a $200ish price point it might get people outside of the community to purchase one and help the eco system grow again.

    My aunt just bought a Nokia Lumnia because of it's price, especially that now most carriers are moving away from offering subsidized phones an entry level WebOS phone would be great, and you wouldn't play with any carrier politics.

    Opinions welcome
    Last edited by gselsidi; 12/12/2013 at 05:04 PM.
  2. #2  
    I still want a keyboard, so none of the above...
    Preferably portrait slider, but I would give a BB Q10 form factor a try if it had WebOS on it.
    Also, no bigger than a Pre3 for me.
    ananimus likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I still want a keyboard, so none of the above...
    Preferably portrait slider, but I would give a BB Q10 form factor a try if it had WebOS on it.
    Also, no bigger than a Pre3 for me.
    Thanks for the reply, how do you feel about the price point?
  4.    #4  
    I wish i could edit the poll maybe i just don't know how to do it.
  5. #5  
    Just a pre2 with LTE would suit me just fine. Don't want a slab cause keyboard takes up half the screen
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Thanks for the reply, how do you feel about the price point?
    For an awesome Pre2plus with Pre3 cameras ( or better) and a RAM bump I'd probably pay as much as I was asked - up to I don't know, $600?...
    EDIT: When I say better cameras, I do not mean more MPs, much more important to me is image quality, speed, focusing and low-light capabilities.
    Last edited by bbito; 12/12/2013 at 06:09 PM.
  7. #7  
    Pre2 size in Pre3/Veer build quality would be my ideal webOS phone. Try and make it a tad thinner than the Pre2 while keeping the slideout keyboard and removable battery. Ah, one can still dream, right?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Just a pre2 with LTE would suit me just fine. Don't want a slab cause keyboard takes up half the screen
    But either way the keyboard will take up half the screen. At least with a slab the keyboard disappears when done typing and you have a full screen again.

    I'm assuming you guys want to stick with a slider design?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    For an awesome Pre2plus with Pre3 cameras ( or better) and a RAM bump I'd probably pay as much as I was asked - up to I don't know, $600?...
    EDIT: When I say better cameras, I do not mean more MPs, much more important to me is image quality, speed, focusing and low-light capabilities.
    Yes this I understand they sell megapixels yet the other components are much more important.
  10.    #10  
    Also, why do you guys still want physical keyboard? Just curious, I was all for physical until I tried an iphone and samsung note which I am using now. Dont miss the physical one bit.

    Have you guys tried good touch sensitive phones and still prefer physical?

    Especially things like swype you don't even need to type anymore.
    Last edited by gselsidi; 12/12/2013 at 06:26 PM.
  11. #11  
    I can't stand typing on our iPod touch!
    The TouchPad keyboard is passable, but that's a whole different size...
    I would guess that most of us diehards that are trying to keep our FrankenPres, Pre3s, etc. running are pretty enamored with physical keyboards. It was a main reason for me getting my original Sprint Pre.
  12. #12  
    Yes. Slider with a keyboard please. I like a clean typing experience. And a mirror and gesture area, and touchstone.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Also, why do you guys still want physical keyboard? Just curious, I was all for physical until I tried an iphone and samsung note which I am using now. Dont miss the physical one bit.

    Have you guys tried good touch sensitive phones and still prefer physical?

    Especially things like swype you don't even need to type anymore.
    I like it same way I like to drive a stick shift. I have both and I use the vk on occasion when it's more convenient. But if I'm typing something more than a few words, like email, I want to see the whole screen. It's just better.

    Also vk partially covers my cards and if it's webos I want to see my cards in all their glory

    Seriously tho you won't be able to please everybody. If you built a slab I wouldn't want one and some would be happy. Some like small and some like big, I ike medium so I have a pre2
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I can't stand typing on our iPod touch!
    The TouchPad keyboard is passable, but that's a whole different size...
    I would guess that most of us diehards that are trying to keep our FrankenPres, Pre3s, etc. running are pretty enamored with physical keyboards. It was a main reason for me getting my original Sprint Pre.
    It was my original reason also, but then I tried the slabs with good touch screens and the physical keyboards feel slower now.

    But I wouldnt mind a physical keyboard again, and I think the Pres was a much better keyboard than the blackberry.

    Now how many of you want the slider as compared to a blackberry/bigger pixie?

    End of the day this for all of us, and if the majority prefer a physical keyboard I could still see a big market for it, my aunt/mother being part of it.

    Myself included
    Last edited by gselsidi; 12/12/2013 at 07:17 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes. Slider with a keyboard please. I like a clean typing experience. And a mirror and gesture area, and touchstone.
    What do you mean by mirror?
  16. #16  
    I have been using a slab for over a year now and would much rather be using a physical keyboard. I too would love my pre2 back over all other webos devices

    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    What do you mean by mirror?
    The mirror on the back when slider open.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    The mirror on the back when slider open.
    Ohh I remember now haha. Why is that mirror important to you? Did you use it as a real mirror?
  19.    #19  
    So what is the consensus a slider? Or a bigger screened pixie/ blackberry like phone?
  20.    #20  
    What's quite funny reading about LG using WebOS for smart TVs I had this idea years ago when it came out. Liscening webos out, having it on everything printers, fridges, tvs, car navigation systems, its such an easy to use and beautiful OS. Swipe up, left and right gets everything done.

    Quite sad how badly mismanged WebOS was.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android IN webOS, not in a webOS device
    By jcmarcos in forum Other webOS Tablets
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10/18/2011, 03:22 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03/06/2011, 06:45 AM
  3. Choose a name for the next WebOS device
    By errade in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 04/19/2010, 04:21 AM
  4. #2 WebOS device
    By Centro85 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04/15/2009, 12:29 PM
  5. Help Me Choose the Right Device
    By mdlissner in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/11/2007, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions