Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Stop with the Kindle hate. I love the Kindle app on webOS 3.x I'm using it all the time to read my books It's a shame it never got updated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Stop with the Kindle hate. I love the Kindle app on webOS 3.x I'm using it all the time to read my books It's a shame it never got updated...
    nothing wrong with it for text based books, its graphical comics where its a bag of nails, lots have wanted zoom/rotation options since the dawn of time but they still wont do it for some mad reason.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    yeah, I also think the advertising was good enough..
    Why? Well, it's a long story but in a nutshell...

and

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Most of the above, but I think the root of the problem stems back to Palm customers/users.

We were way too critical of Palm's efforts to be successful.

Starting with the Windows Treos, the Palm purists were hyper-critical, even though they were a lifeline for Palm finances. We criticised every business move/split/merge made and every decision made along the way. This had the effect of discouraging new customers and giving the tech media plenty of ammunition to copy and paste.

The last nail in the coffin was the cancellation of the Foleo. Palm's founder Jeff Hawkins' "best idea ever" was canned, mostly by Palm users who never gave it a chance to even be released.

Can you imagine Apple users canning Steve Job's "best idea ever"?

Say what you like about HP's role, but I'm grateful I was able to buy a Pre 3, a Veer and two Touchpads and happily still using them and enjoying webOS.

They did the right thing open sourcing webOS, which is the best chance of seeing new webOS devices into the future.

May I request that when LG unveils their new webOS TV, that it is cheered, not criticised, because if we here are not enthusiastic about it, it's unlikely anyone else will.

As my Grandmother used to say,"If you haven't anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"
    I think the Foleo would've been a device trying to answer a problem no one had run into.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    nothing wrong with it for text based books, its graphical comics where its a bag of nails, lots have wanted zoom/rotation options since the dawn of time but they still wont do it for some mad reason.
    Ah, like so. Yeah, I'm using Comics HD by Jason Robbitaille for comics so I didn't know Kindle had issues with that...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123