Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    CAN ANYONE HELP,
    i did a hard reset, used save restore for everything,
    when i try logging on again to my palm profile, it takes a long time and it freezes and gives me a message that it cant download,
    ill forgo on my apps and everything but i desperately need my memos, what can i do about it
    Quote Originally Posted by menashe04 View Post
    CAN ANYONE HELP,
    i did a hard reset, used save restore for everything,
    when i try logging on again to my palm profile, it takes a long time and it freezes and gives me a message that it cant download,
    ill forgo on my apps and everything but i desperately need my memos, what can i do about it
    Did you try that ?

App Catalog Update fails: please help
    I believe he is at a point too early to be concerned about the certificate problem. It's not supposed to affect logging in to the profile. I had the same problem logging in to my profile on my Pre3 after an erase apps and data. I am pretty sure I had to doctor before I could log in and restore my data and apps. The doc didn't erase my USB drive, which I believe is the norm if you are doctoring with the same installed version. Did you copy off your data from the USB drive before logging out of your profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I believe he is at a point too early to be concerned about the certificate problem. It's not supposed to affect logging in to the profile. I had the same problem logging in to my profile on my Pre3 after an erase apps and data. I am pretty sure I had to doctor before I could log in and restore my data and apps. The doc didn't erase my USB drive, which I believe is the norm if you are doctoring with the same installed version. Did you copy off your data from the USB drive before logging out of your profile?
    I believe the newer version of the doctor doesn't erase the USB. The one time I had to do it, the USB was fine, though it took several nerve-racking tries to restore the device.

Back it up anyway - why take the risk?

Some of this stuff - like root certificate & even the pivot feed seem to take a few tries. Ensure you have a good (wifi?) connection and try again.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I believe the newer version of the doctor doesn't erase the USB. The one time I had to do it, the USB was fine, though it took several nerve-racking tries to restore the device.

Back it up anyway - why take the risk?

Some of this stuff - like root certificate & even the pivot feed seem to take a few tries. Ensure you have a good (wifi?) connection and try again.
    thanks for your help till here.

i doctored the phone, and upon restart i was in 3g with 4 bars and my palm profilr started downloading and downloading,

it started slowing down approx by 70% complete then it stopped and gave me a messsage sorry unable to download data, try again in afew minutes, and i have done it afew times to no avail,

i can even be ready to agree not to have my apps, but i very urgently need the other personal info i had on the phone
    This is a tough one.. the only way to get your data from a Palm Profile backup is to log in to that profile on a device. This is the same device the profile was originally logged in to, so it should restore especially after a fresh doctor.