Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Aressel
  • 3 Post By carldc
  • 2 Post By jetcatOnline
  • 2 Post By Buddy1969
  • 2 Post By Garfonso
  1.    #1  
    Are we ever going to get new apps or have the developers giver up?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Are we ever going to get new apps or have the developers giver up?
    Well, I was looking st the Palm Catalog today, I noticed there is a new app that uploaded by a new developer is a decent racing game(not best of graphics but nice app) called "Action Racing 3D" just downloaded to my Touchpad and my Palm Pre 3.....on both devices the game runs great and the game is quite fun. On the HP touchpad there was a few app updates but nothing earth-shattering yet it was nice to see new updates

And I'm still waiting on a new application for webOS phones (it will be a third-party app for soundcloud), hoping it arrives in the homebrew catalog or the palm catalog soon enough for me to download on my device. Its still on the beginnings of developing stages(by developer codenamed Virox), but while it may take some to be fully developed as a workable application....the app looks promising.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I create LFPre for learning and follow developing with taste
    Enyo Apps | Enyo JS
    It may not be new, but I'm submitting an update for FeedSpider to the app catalog today. I also have a Feedly API key, so I'm planning for the next version to have Feedly support.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks and kudos to all of you for continuing to submit apps for webOS. You're some of the now all-too-few that recognize a quality platform!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    TJs11thPre, cujoq37 and Vistaus like this.
    I wouldn't say I've given up, but work has been too busy to devote time to working on apps of any kind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm currently working on an update to my application for TouchPad called TouchTax - TouchTax Tax Deskbook App | Mobile tax deskbook reference solution for Apple iPad, iPhone, Google Android, Amazon Fire, Barnes & Noble Nook, HP/Palm webOS, BlackBerry PlayBook - I am sure there are MANY interested users (But I need it for myself so I thought I might as well update it for all 99 users that purchased it.) Now I just need to find out how to add it to the Preware catalog...
    eblade and Vistaus like this.
    It would be ok, if the app devs who work with enyo and phonegap bother to build the app for WebOS as well. Most are only building apps for iOS or Android, even though the dev-platforms would allow them to create a WebOS version of same software.
    This I find sad.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    MartinH@webos and Vistaus like this.
    It would be ok, if the app devs who work with enyo and phonegap bother to build the app for WebOS as well. Most are only building apps for iOS or Android, even though the dev-platforms would allow them to create a WebOS version of same software.
    This I find sad.
    Yeah I agree with you. The effort to build it for webOS is so minimal that they should simply do it....

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'm sure many of the existing developers will keep updating their apps, and new ones may pop up now and then; but I really don't think we'll see a whole lot of new developers jumping on the platform until Open WebOS is a real, install-able OS we can run on existing Android hardware.
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    I try keep my apps reasonably up-to-date WebOS Apps

Have been in the process of porting them off to Enyo 2.x to better long term support. But progress has been very slow. As Enyo evolved I am hoping it will get better.

BTW I noticed some of the old FX Converter apps stopped working, so just submitted a very crude and simple FX Currency App to WebOS App Catalog based on the WebOS Ports Calculator App by adding FX support. Hopefully should be approved by HP in the next few days/weeks.

https://github.com/mobileteck/MyCurrencyCalc

What we really miss is a more up-to-date browser for Pre phones. Too much to handle for a mid night coder
    @roshang: No, a more up-to-date browser for the phones is not what's missing. A little hand at WebView is what's missing. I already did the porting work of the Touchpad browser which is more up-to-date. But if no one is willing or able to help me with fixing WebView on phones, there's just no way we'll ever get it running. It's only a matter of WebView, nothing more than that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @roshang: No, a more up-to-date browser for the phones is not what's missing. A little hand at WebView is what's missing. I already did the porting work of the Touchpad browser which is more up-to-date. But if no one is willing or able to help me with fixing WebView on phones, there's just no way we'll ever get it running. It's only a matter of WebView, nothing more than that...
    Hey Vistaus,

Out of curiosity, I tried the A-browser (available in Preware). It seems to work well, but the interface is poor.

So how difficult would it be to add a good (ISIS?) interface to that?

Thanks.
    Difficult, because I'm not familiar with programming/creating interfaces in Qt.
    Difficult, because I'm not familiar with programming/creating interfaces in Qt.
    QT seems relatively easy and logical when you look at it. Looks a bit like a mix of Enyo with HTML and something like Java/C when you look at it :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I'm working on a caldav connector, Preware 2 and update app for webos-ports.

At the same time I triggered linuxq to try his Tiny Tiny RSS client (TT-RSS is a google reader alternative running on your own server ) on webOS and fix some sutff, integrate Instapaper and Pocket (via ReadOnTouch Pro).
    https://github.com/linuxq/tt-rssenyo

Now I'm trying to get svzi to fix ReadOnTouch Phone...

Maybe I'll learn how to design remotely nice UIs with Enyo 2 someday and will do some more smaller things I have in mind... on the other hand, it is already hard to find time and drive all the webos-ports efforts forward... poor preware 2. :-/
    cujoq37 and Vistaus like this.