Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to install SprintNav 2.1 onto my FrankenPre 2 and I cannot find the doctor anywhere. I know it was never officially released, but I was wondering if anybody had the Sprint 2.1 Doctor and was willing to share. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Hi lames,

    You can find link to all of the Doctor files on the webOS Internals wiki here:

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
  3.    #3  
    unfortunately the doctor I am looking for was never released officially, but it was leaked and seems to be removed from all corners of the web. I am looking to install SprintNav 2.1 onto my FrakenPre.

    The title seems to be WebOS Sprint 2.1 Doctor and the file name is: "Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar"


    Here is the original post: Anyone get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamez View Post
    I am trying to install SprintNav 2.1 onto my FrankenPre 2 and I cannot find the doctor anywhere. I know it was never officially released, but I was wondering if anybody had the Sprint 2.1 Doctor and was willing to share. Thanks!
    Sprint's doctor for webOS 2.x was never released nor is it public, I am sure it is on the web but not legally...

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi lamez (sic),

    You can find link to all of the Doctor files on the webOS Internals wiki here:

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    The Public Sprint versions also have an older version of the IPK you are looking for although the newer one I am sure it is on the web but not legally...

    Sprint decided to not pay for Telenav any more so even if you get the APP it no longer functions as is... Seem people saying the App can no longer find it's server as its DNS name was removed (although if you knew the IP address maybe it still responds?) I am not a Sprint customer so can't test/play.

    However, if people look at AT&T nav (from Telenav) and modify a few settings (differences between the two IPKs and on sprint) they might be able to force it to work... And the newer version is part of the Pre3 AT&T webOS builds...
  5. #5  
    I would add, from what I saw changing from Sprint to a GSM device through AT&T network, the TeleNav apps use login credentials based on your phone number. This is usually transparent as the phone knows its credentials. But I was able to spoof my old Sprint credentials on the GSM device until my Sprint account was retired. Then it wouldn't authenticate anymore.

    Dunno the DNS situation, etc, but I suspect TeleNav will also lock out phone numbers based on this password/phone number part too once the contract with Sprint expires.

    So I agree with John. You can probably find the standalone, illegitimate IPK installation. But probably not worth it as it's expired. nDrive beta and Java GMaps for the win.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamez View Post
    unfortunately the doctor I am looking for was never released officially, but it was leaked and seems to be removed from all corners of the web. I am looking to install SprintNav 2.1 onto my FrakenPre.

    The title seems to be WebOS Sprint 2.1 Doctor and the file name is: "Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar"


    Here is the original post: Anyone get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?
    I just sent you a PM.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP I can't doctor my sprint pre!
    By life256 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02/02/2012, 09:19 AM
  2. Meta Doctor for Sprint
    By mstrblueskys in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11/16/2011, 10:39 AM
  3. Sprint Pre 1.4.11 Doctor?
    By mikeh20 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03/31/2010, 10:55 PM
  4. Sprint webOS doctor 1.3.5.1
    By cwgtex in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02/10/2010, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions