Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    I still think the pair gesture area-cardview is the best one, so webOS is still better when it comes to do some serious multitasking. However, I have to admit Apple emulated it not so badly, they're on the right way to make it even better than ours, but the physical home button isn't a good choice, actually it's a limit. I believe the gesture area is way better than any other button, also it's the fastest way to access multitasking on a phone I've ever seen.
    I liked the way you can still stack cards behind each other and see what apps you have open without sliding the cards horizontally. However, I do like the fact that on iOS7 you can view the Home Screen in a card.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    I liked the way you can still stack cards behind each other and see what apps you have open without sliding the cards horizontally. However, I do like the fact that on iOS7 you can view the Home Screen in a card.
    Yep. Its stacks that makes cards so useful, and fun too with that sort of accordion action when they expand and contract. Without stacks it would be way too much scrolling unless one only want to have nor more than about three open at a time. Arrange them how you want them you good to go
  3. #23  
    Has anyone also noticed that with the new iOS you can't search the internet in their universal search anymore. You have to click on the Safari app, then click in the search area, then type what you want to search. WebOS was so easy, you just had to slide the phone open and start typing. This is what I miss most. Apples OS requires so many moves to get to what you want. WebOS was just slide up and type.

    Also, in the universal search, if I type a contacts name, I have to click on the name to go to the contact, then I click on the number i want. WebOS had all the number ready to go in their universal search. Do you guys think Apple is aware of how inefficient their phone is? I get the feeling that they really have no idea.
    ananimus likes this.
  4. #24  
    unrelated but i forgot about this earlier.

    BBC News - Apple Touch ID fingerprint tech 'broken', hackers say
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5. #25  
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  6. #26  
    Just like Siri, no one will use the finger scanner thing. I have only seen people use Siri to entertain themselves.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    @mjensen71 Don't you mean up? or are you talking about the notification center. I like the control center, but they need to make it have to come up with 2 swipes in applications and 1 on the home screen

    @geekpeter I remember my old Mac Pro had multitasking, I think it was with Mac OS 7
    Hi Boovish,
    No I did mean the control centre. you bring it up with a swipe towards the top of the screen, the same action you use to scroll down on a webpage. So for about three days I would regularly bring up the control centre by accident when I was scrolling down a webpage. However I found a fix. IOS 7 let's you switch off that feature when you're inside an app. This means you can only access the control panel if you're on the home screen. Lame but it solved my problem. Definitely swiping down from the right hand side, like you do with WebOS to bring up the control centre, is a way better way of doing this. Definitely better thought out than iOS.
  8. #28  
    Just a detail: I never used the home button in my Touchpad... never...


    Best Regards... :cool;
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
    Hi Boovish,
    No I did mean the control centre. you bring it up with a swipe towards the top of the screen, the same action you use to scroll down on a webpage. So for about three days I would regularly bring up the control centre by accident when I was scrolling down a webpage. However I found a fix. IOS 7 let's you switch off that feature when you're inside an app. This means you can only access the control panel if you're on the home screen. Lame but it solved my problem. Definitely swiping down from the right hand side, like you do with WebOS to bring up the control centre, is a way better way of doing this. Definitely better thought out than iOS.
    Having used Ubuntu Touch preview quite extensively... I think it just takes remembering "not to take such a big bite" when scrolling and you won't activate the "from off the bezel" gesture. The trigger is probably no more than ten pixels tall... I have moments when I misuse the edge on right > left and left > right myself.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    Just like Siri, no one will use the finger scanner thing. I have only seen people use Siri to entertain themselves.
    That's a silly statement.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    unrelated but i forgot about this earlier.

    BBC News - Apple Touch ID fingerprint tech 'broken', hackers say
    Well, unless you have the patience to retrieve their false print, and then steal their phone. Which tehy can lock up to be unusable
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  12. #32  
    I would add that webOS was made for cardview multitasking since its birth, that's why it's perfect for it. Apps open like cards and act so, while iPhone multitasking is a mere emulation, another way to see your open apps. On webOS there's no other way to return to the main menu but passing through the cardview, I mean, you're somehow forced to use multitask in the cardview appearance. This doesn't happen on iOS, multitasking is only another feature and not the main target of the OS building and developing.
    In my opinion, this is one of the main reasons, if not actually the only one, of the iOS multitasking inferiority.

    Moreover, let me say webOS had so many innovative things that even Apple, the "revolutionary" company which allegedly comes up with brand new ideas nobody ever thinked of, had to emulate its greatest feature: multitasking. I feel both proud and angry because of this, I mean, isn't it a sort of patent stealing?
    Last edited by WebOSLloyd; 09/26/2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Jimbode likes this.
  13. #33  
    this is possible?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    this is possible?
    Only through trick photography...


    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. iOS multitasking
    By chrislo in forum Other webOS Tablets
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07/19/2011, 10:20 AM
  2. iOS to webOS?
    By naokrei in forum HP Veer
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07/18/2011, 10:05 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06/14/2011, 04:10 PM
  4. webos should take a page from ios 4.0's multitasking
    By patricksmangan in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11/18/2010, 03:19 PM
  5. Multitasking iOS vs WebOS
    By AbdielRN in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10/14/2010, 01:31 AM

Posting Permissions