Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hanksimon
  1.    #1  
    I have no problem downloading free Apps, but my TP won't let me purchase Apps, I get the err code: PMTPAMS1106 (Any translations?)
    I also cannot access my Accounts from the App Catalog on the TP.

I know that my old credit card info on my TP is not valid, but I updated my info on my Pre3. I use the same Profile for both devices, so I assume that my App Catalog profiles are the same on both devices? I can 'share' downloaded Apps on both devices with no problems. I have no problems with my Pre3 on the HP App Catalog, I can download free and purchased Apps. And, as a workaround, I can download on my Pre3, then load onto my TP.

However, I want to download Audubon Birds. But, I can't see it on the Pre3 (not for that device), and I can't 'purchase' it in the TP.

Suggestions?
    Try signing back into your webOS account in the Accounts app.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I logged in using the Accounts App with no problem. It doesn't allow me to see or modify my credit card info ... If that is the cause if my problem.

Other suggestions why I can't purchase with my old TP, but I can with my new Pre3 ... And how fix the problem ?
    Hi,

I have that problem on my Pre3: When I start the App Catalog I can not access my account information and not purchase anything.
    Here is an article that speaks about keep trying.
    The first comment however is interesting. I think for me it also worked to start the Accounts overview before the app catalog.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    I logged in using the Accounts App with no problem. It doesn't allow me to see or modify my credit card info ... If that is the cause if my problem.
    On your touchpad, open the app-catalog and go to 'Preferences & Accounts' under the pull-down menu (top-left). Click on the creditcard (it should now ask you to enter you Palm-profile password). Has this information been updated as it should, or is it still set to the expired card?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. But, I can't access my Accounts on my TP.

I found something that seems to help:

App catalog error!!!

I'll see if everything re-loads by tomorrow...
    Sorry, was a bit sleepy when reading your initial post...and apparently I mist something...

You could always try the webosDoctor if nothing else works. I mean...it should be able to reconnect to the (updated) profile correctly. Stupid question...but what happens if you turn the clock back to the pre-certificate date? - I mean...it shouldn't help, but something is apparently wrong, so who knows
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I really wanted to avoid Doctor on the TP, if I didn't need it. But, that link that I posted previously, using old HP Tech advice to use the Device Info app to do an app erase (after backing up), then I could change my info, and it seems to have re-synched with my saved info. I was able to purchase the apps.

I lost my PreWare, but I vaguely recall that it may restored tonight. If not, I can reload it, fairly easily. Thanks for the suggestions.
    bethel95 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    ... But, that link that I posted previously, .... I was able to purchase the apps.
    good to hear