1.    #1  
    After I very long time, I decided to bring my HP Tochpad back to life..
    Apparently a new App Catalog update was released, that had to be installed before July 23, 2013. Luckily there was a workaround avallable for late updaters, so I followed that procedure and set the date back to July 1, 2013 and rebooted.
    However, tapping the yellow exclamation marks don't work for me: the update still 'fails to install', I rebooted a couple of times, nothing helps..
    What next?
    Please help. Thanks in advance.
    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim..." - Edsger Dijkstra, Dutch computer scientist, 1930-2002
    Try downloading another app, chances are it's already installed....
    Got the same problem yesterday after doctoring my Touchpad. I went away with this, but maybe I should have checked the certificate first.

This is how to check :
    1- Install and run preware
    2- Install internalz pro
    3- Go to /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/
    4- Look for PalmWebOS.pem and open it
    5- If the expiration date is 04/27/2037, it's allright
    6- If it's allright, just delete App catalog update from software manager

If not, change the date to 07/21/2013, then :
    1- Go to preware and install app tuckerbox
    2- Activate apptuckerbox (ask me if you need the details)
    3- Registrate your device
    4- Relaunch preware, and install app catalog update from it (you may need to try and try again, but it always work in the end)
    5- Launch App catalog update, then close it
    6- Check the certificate, then delete App catalog update from software manager
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Remy. I could download and install another app from the catalog without any problems. So it seems to work. Still don't understand why I get this error message.
    The installed HP App Catalog in the Software Manager is version 5.0.3500 and I believe it is the latest version?
    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim..." - Edsger Dijkstra, Dutch computer scientist, 1930-2002
    What I know is the update errors out if you try to install it twice...
    I updated in July, and I've re-run it a few times with no apparent issue ? I can download free apps, but I get an error - pls retry later - when I try to change my prefs ... or when I try to buy Audubon Birds?

Opinion?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    Got the same problem yesterday after doctoring my Touchpad. I went away with this, but maybe I should have checked the certificate first.

This is how to check :
    2- Install internalz pro

4- Relaunch preware, and install app catalog update from it (you may need to try and try again, but it always work in the end)
    This should be included as a sticky since anyone with a new device or having to doctor will need to know this.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

This is how to check :
    2- Install internalz pro

Tried these steps and got preware and apptuckerbox installed, but no luck at all with the certificate update. The preware feed only shows an App Catalog (which doens't install) ... no App Catalog Update. Don't even have the /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/ folder on my Pixi Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunly View Post
    ...Don't even have the /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/ folder on my Pixi Plus.
    The file has a different address on 1.X devices. No one has identified the correct path so far as I've seen.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee

This is how to check :
    2- Install internalz pro

I tried this steps on my Pre2 and I can't find any "App Catalog update" on Preware after activating and registering App Tuckerbox...any idea?

Thanks for advice

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I can no find the App Catalog Update in the Pam Apps feed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunly View Post
    Tried these steps and got preware and apptuckerbox installed, but no luck at all with the certificate update. The preware feed only shows an App Catalog (which doens't install) ... no App Catalog Update. Don't even have the /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/ folder on my Pixi Plus.
    Just out of curiosity... have you tried to reopen App Tuckerbox and select the Preware Feeds button? That added the correct App Catalog Update for me.
    I could just get App Catalog Update from the official HP App catalog software, when I set the date to before 23rd of July 2013. It is also what they (whoever they might be ) officially advise to do: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate