Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Not pictures, I'd love to see a complete device tour.

Heck, with a Treo paired
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    alonhzn, Rnp, Mutoidi and 4 others like this.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I've seen quick demos and overviews, but I'd like to see a full review.

Heck, if I can cobble together the funds or something i'd really enjoy making videos about each nook and cranny.

Quick question, can it be used without a Treo?
    My Palm OS Archive
    I've been looking up old palm pdas all day lol. I hope who ever buys the Palm VII does an unboxing video.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I've been looking up old palm pdas all day lol. I hope who ever buys the Palm VII does an unboxing video.
    too bad Palm.net is long gone. Heck, it was long gone even before I started using Palm PDAs
    My Palm OS Archive
    I found the Palm VII very interesting back then but didnt buy it for this very reason.

Dusted off my T3 last week and was surprised to see 4Cast, QuickNews and a few other apps still connecting and updating. Didnt try the NetFront browser to see how it renders current sites - its probably painful even though it re-flows texts and frames like a champ.
    alonhzn likes this.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I am willing to bet anyone that they can't find a PDA/smartphone that was technologically relevant, heck even technologically current as long as the T3! I mean, I owned a flagship device from nokia (N97) that was made at least 7 years after the Tungsten T3 and it still couldn't play video files like the T3 (unless you used an awful crappy video converter)
    Just found this guy on ebay, big palm bundle. Oh palm if only you had someone like Jobs for CEO.

Look Huge "Like New" Palm PDA Smartphone Bundle Treo 755p TX T3 EXTRAS 0805931009760 | eBay
    Last edited by kkalogia; 09/12/2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Not pictures, I'd love to see a complete device tour.

Heck, with a Treo paired
    So i have a Foleo, and treo, but never was able to get them to pair...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    is the Foleo useful to you in any way? or does it sit in your drawer waiting to decay?
    cbosdell likes this.
    You can send both to me, and I gonna pair to you...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    In regards to the Folio, I had that third party version of the Folio called Red something (cannot remember the name). It worked ok, but it was not so useful. Web browsing was ok, but back then pages on the phones were blah, but it worked better with the spread sheet program and typing e-mails. I used frequently until I had to reset the phone and then never installed it. About few months later I up-grated to android.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    What third party Foleo? the wasn't even a first party Foleo...
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    What third party Foleo? the wasn't even a first party Foleo...
    I saw an ad for a Foleo-style device before in some Pocket PC enthusiast magazine once.

I saw one where it was pretty much a larger screen and keyboard for the WM device. (not standalone)
    I've also seen a more recent on not sure what its called, was it the ASUS PadFone? Or was it something else, IDK, i just know the phone was inserted into it and it worked.
    My Palm OS Archive
    Third party? For Windows Mobile? Are you talking about Redfly?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes, it was Redfly. I used with my 800W. I wanted a Folio for my 650, but it could not be saved by superglue afterthe 3rd time.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    So i tried to pair my foleo to my Treo 700p, no luck. I did manage to find some third party apps for it, but if someone gets the one from the auction, and finds apps, please let me know!

Yes, it is sitting on a shelf right now, but i hope to revive it.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    alonhzn likes this.
    So i tried to pair my foleo to my Treo 700p, no luck. I did manage to find some third party apps for it, but if someone gets the one from the auction, and finds apps, please let me know!

Yes, it is sitting on a shelf right now, but i hope to revive it.
    ok, I have taken all of the Palm stuff out of storage, and now keep it all charged. Will make an effort to pair them again soon. Need some display cases, black velvet, just have to convince the wife. ;-)
    KA1
    Since the OP asked for photos, here are pictures of me unboxing my new-in-box Palm Foleo from several years ago.

dkirker and xandros9 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast