Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By magog96
  1.    #1  
    Hi, like always I am seeking help in this forum, can any one please tell me where is located the file with the contacts on the webOS 2.0 pre 2 and veer, so that I can back up my contacts without using any cloud.

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/02/2013 at 06:56 AM.
    /var/db/main/objects.db

Use "WebOS Quick Install" to "receive file".

Of course, that's the main database that also contains your Memos and browser history...

But if you were to transfer that from one phone to another, unless it's on top of a clean install, it might break something, because it's like copying one Windows PC's registry hive to another, major "surgery"
    If you want the exports use the "CellBrite Export" function hidden in the devices...
    This will export a vCard file with all your contacts.

1. To start the export open the "Phone" application and dail #*66623# (on GSM/UMTS devices) or ##66623# (on CDMA devices). Tip: Store this as a new Contact "Contact Export" so it's easy to access in the future.
    2. Then the CellBrite Export will open up
    3. Click the green "CellBrite Export" button. The contact are now written to a file in which you can access when you connect you phone via USB with your computer. You can also create an email and send it to yourself by simply attaching the file.
    4. The vCard file named PmMigration.vcf is placed under /media/internal/.temp

This function is also described here:
    Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
    Juergen
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    /var/db/main/objects.db

Use "WebOS Quick Install" to "receive file".

Of course, that's the main database that also contains your Memos and browser history...

But if you were to transfer that from one phone to another, unless it's on top of a clean install, it might break something, because it's like copying one Windows PC's registry hive to another, major "surgery"
    thank you for the reply, this is exactly what I am looking for but when I tried to follow your instructions the operation failed and I even could not copy it from its directory is there any way to make this copying work? thanks in advance

edit : tried it the veer kept restoring to th eoriginal state
    Last edited by chreet; 08/02/2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chreet View Post
    thank you for the reply, this is exactly what I am looking for but when I tried to follow your instructions the operation failed and I even could not copy it from its directory is there any way to make this copying work? thanks in advance

edit : tried it the veer kept restoring to th eoriginal state
    I know that the file is locked by the OS when in use, but when I've used WOSQI to receive the file from my Touchpad, it worked...

I wish I had a Veer or other 2.x device to test with...

Are you able to receive a random non-locked file, or does it fail every time?
  6.    #6  
    I know that the file is locked by the OS when in use, but when I've used WOSQI to receive the file from my Touchpad, it worked...

in fact I went in through internalz and changed the linux permission which allowed me to copy the file from the pre2 and then send it to veer but then the phone just restored
    Quote Originally Posted by chreet View Post
    in fact I went in through internalz and changed the linux permission which allowed me to copy the file from the pre2 and then send it to veer but then the phone just restored
    It's generally only worked for people who had two phones of the same kind on the same profile (the old/damaged phone in airplane mode to prevent erasure), and the new phone restored from the profile and then you replace the objects.db with the one from the old phone.

Sounds like the Veer is detecting a mismatch of some kind...

Which carrier are you on in the US? CDMA or GSM network? Might have something for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Which carrier are you on in the US? CDMA or GSM network? Might have something for you
    Don't worry about it

My "daily driver" is a Pre+ on Verizon, on a grandfathered-in older plan. But any dev phones would be GSM, sharing a prepaid T-Mobile SIM (that i haven't bought yet, nor any of the phones) and i'll probably buy myself a Veer from Amazon, $100 with free shipping. Anything i buy from an actual store counts towards a tax deduction, so it makes a bit more sense for me to do that. But thanks anyway, i really appreciate it.