Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #1  
    Man the lifeboats! The Surface RTitanic is sinking fast | PCWorld

bit of deja'vu for microsoft? nice read middle of the way down when their compared to HP.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    People aren't buying it. Simple.
    Microsoft now needs to live with the reputation they've built themselves...

As the core of their monopoly evaporates, they still try to hang onto their toxic, anti-innovative and inflexible corporate culture. I can only imagine the ride ahead...

tl;dr Ballmer needs to retire
  4.    #4  
    i woder how much they will parallel HP in terms in reputation, anyone who ever knew/owned anythig webOS likely will insist on never buying a thing of theirs ever again, on the flipside you even have once diehard xbox users refusing to buy the new xbox180.

All boils down to a bad reputation, tho once upon a time people probably bought HP/Microsoft stuff due to a lack of decent alternative choices and they were names people just knew and went with it, today tho theres plenty of choices and their reputtions are about as low as you can get.

more importantly will their surface tablets mirror HP and the touchpad, and even more importantly even if they did firesale their tablets would anyone still even buy them? i know i wouldnt, touchpad was different there were a large qty of people that knew they could load android on it and ofc wbOS users themselves wanted the device. But what exactly is the microsoft alternative capable of? not a lot by the looks.
    Remy X and sledge007 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    [...] But what exactly is the microsoft alternative capable of? not a lot by the looks.
    @geekpeter,

Microsoft should donate all those unsold SurfaceRT units to the unemployment office, so, you know, those people on the dole could sit and fill out job applications on them all day long. Definitely useful.

And there's not much risk of the said people stealing them, since there is no demand for these on the street
    Jimbode and geekpeter like this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    @geekpeter,

Microsoft should donate all those unsold SurfaceRT units to the unemployment office, so, you know, those people on the dole could sit and fill out job applications on them all day long. Definitely useful.

And there's not much risk of the said people stealing them, since there is no demand for these on the street
    might end up too embarassing when even dole scroungers turn their nose up at them.
    Of course people would buy them at fire sale prices.
    webOS was killed by managers not consumers. Nobody wants RT except the management. It's the exact opposite situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post
    webOS was killed by managers not consumers. Nobody wants RT except the management. It's the exact opposite situation.
    Except consumers didn't buy the Touchpad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Until it hit rock bottom and then even the headless corporate HP dinosoaur was utterly 'stunned' by the response!

I reckon M$oft now have a great deal of 'karma' to dispense with! Years of their tyranny, internet-owning/control ambitions and monopolistic endeavour, have left millions of kids with a distain for the 'Evil Empire' that will long and justly apparently, remain.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X likes this.
  11.    #11  
    to be fair they barely had time to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Until it hit rock bottom and then even the headless corporate HP dinosoaur was utterly 'stunned' by the response!

I reckon M$oft now have a great deal of 'karma' to dispense with! Years of their tyranny, internet-owning/control ambitions and monopolistic endeavour, have left millions of kids with a distain for the 'Evil Empire' that will long and justly apparently, remain.

Stunned that the Touchpad sold out at $99? No.
  13.    #13  
    as has been mentioned before around the time of the apothaclypse, even if the touchpad had done well, it was still doomed as leo had already set in motion ****canning the whole line and tried to can their PC line as well (no1 sellers of pc's and he wanted to dump it..... yeah genious), as his vision only encompassed enterprise solutions and printers, nothing else.
    Remy X and Laura Knotek like this.
    Stunned that the Touchpad sold out at $99? No.

16gb @ $99.
    32Gb @ $148.

Yes - *Stunned* (and this is their own wording). Stunned that they crashed their very own servers, stunned that what the week before had been a 'white/black sales-elephant', stunned that they DID actually achieve thier intent to hit the No.2 Tablet-spot below Apple for that quarter (even if not exactly how they had envisaged!).
    And probably stunned to discover that 'The People' actually control their market - not themselves!

This also led to a massive internal "Re-Think", that is still stumbling along, regarding the probability in a now highly competive market, of actually selling of 'more' of something if it is cheaper and yet also of some high quality.

'Sigh' ~ If Only!

And now M$oft are also recieving a Corporate Ego-twatting, as they too real-eyes that they don't any longer 'own' the world!

WE do!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 07/21/2013 at 08:10 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Stunned that they crashed their very own servers
    oh my god yeah u reminded me of that amazing hilarious time.

Leo pushing for their enterprise/server solutions to be the new core of HP and when the firesale occured their side their "enterprise servers" imploded just as easily/quickly as the other online retailers who had been imploding as well.

yup that was a pretty funny self advertisement for their servers......... a dark time with enough comedy moments to still make you sit back and chuckle.
    Remy X and xandros9 like this.
    oh my god yeah u reminded me of that amazing hilarious time.

Leo pushing for their enterprise/server solutions to be the new core of HP and when the firesale occured their side their "enterprise servers" imploded just as easily/quickly as the other online retailers who had been imploding as well.

yup that was a pretty funny self advertisement for their servers......... a dark time with enough comedy moments to still make you sit back and chuckle.

Yes! Patently hilarious from certain perspectives!

AND then Meg steps in with "I've still got mates at 'Ebay' - so we'll assemble the remaining 100,000 TPs from our now massive parts inventory and flog them off there instead - they won't crash THOSE servers!"

And we did!

Remy X and geekpeter like this.
    might end up too embarassing when even dole scroungers turn their nose up at them.
    We don't want no muffin stumps - Seinfeld

I would be in line to buy a Surface RT for $99...

I could use a lighter newer alternative to my Touchpad, or maybe I'd give it to my wife. The SUrface is a nice piece of kit, hardware wise, and at some point in my life I have to learn my way around WIndows 8. Eventually I will be given a laptop at work that has it, and I'll have to use it... As much as I hate cell phone UI's on non-phones...
    Just go back and look for a tablet that was selling for $99. There was nothing.
  19.    #19  
    Microsoft should hold the applause on the sellout of its discounted Surface RT tablets | PandoDaily

bit more on that microsoft/surface story, well as mentioned above they still sold.
    Good on them for getting $350 for those suckers. There are a lot of people who wont pay more than $200 or $300 for a tablet. These people want a good product that isn't a knockoff android POS.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast