Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I haven't got mail so far but i have updated already all devices, seems HP are sending mails out to account users not updated AppCat for the new cert.

Threads on german forum/website about it:

Ist das Fishing? - Allgemein - Nexave Palmforum

Code:
    Obligatorischer HP webOS-Update

Ein Zertifikat für webOS-Geräte läuft am 23. Juli 2013 aus. Damit das System mit Cloud-Services wie Backup / Restore und Application Katalog interagieren kann, muss das Zertifikat aktualisiert werden.

Seit 6. Juni hat eine automatische Aktualisierung des App Katalogs das Zertifikat ersetzt. Das bedeutet, dass, wenn Ihr Gerät webOS "2.1" oder höher hat, können Sie das Zertifikat automatisch durch die Aktivierung Ihres Geräts installieren wenn Sie das Update akzeptieren.

Wenn Ihr Gerät ein webOS-Version älter als "2.1" hat, oder Sie wollen manuell installieren, wählen Sie die App "App Catalog Update" auf dem HP App Katalog Ihres Gerätes und installieren Sie es auf Ihrem System.

Um das neue Zertifikat zu installieren, downloaden und installieren Sie bitte diese Anwendung.

Nach 23. Juli 2013, wird es notwendig sein, besondere Maßnahmen zu ergreifen, um dieses Update zu installieren. Einzelheiten sind auf der HP Support-Website verfügbar: (http://email.hpwebosnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/t/hBkF60bwYrv0PTe04COJ0GP)

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten.

webOS Team

Zertifikat läuft aus – wichtiges Update für alle webOS-Geräte | webOS Blog

Anyone outside germany got those?

Updates on the HP site:
    https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Got a mail from HP webOS Team... I thought there was no HP webOS team anymore... Good to know!

"
    Mandatory webOS system update

A certificate used on webOS devices expires on July 23, 2013. For the system to be able to use cloud services such as Backup/Restore and App Catalog the certificate needs to be updated.

Beginning June 6th an automatic update to the Application Catalog has replaced the certificate. That means that if your device is running webOS “2.1” or greater you can have the certificate installed automatically by activating your device and accepting the update.

If your device is running a webOS version older than “2.1”, or you want to manually install, go to the HP App Catalog on your device and select the app called “App Catalog Update”, download and install it on your system.

To install the new certificate, download and install this application.

After July 23rd, 2013, it will be necessary to take special steps to install this update. Details will be available on the HP support site (Redirect to the target website)

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

webOS Team
    "
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/10/2013 at 11:07 AM.
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    I added a post over there (still in moderation que) with the help of Google Translate...

Hopefully the word is spreading on the certificate issue and the fix. I'd hate to see the user base erode in one fell swoop due to devices not working properly...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
    Hmmm... They deleted my post. No idea why.

Maybe the links to Internalz Pro and WOSQI? I put those in to help people verify their cert is up-to-date...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    They already know about the issue , the only new thing was the mail from HP that was written in not so good Spam/Phishing-Mail like german, so it started confusion.

I don't know why they deleted your posting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    They already know about the issue , the only new thing was the mail from HP that was written in not so good Spam/Phishing-Mail like german, so it started confusion.

I don't know why they deleted your posting though.
    LOL - maybe the poor translation to German provided by Google had some potty words in it.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    LOL..

Spammy? Phishy? Maybe that's the kind of language Leo Apotheker speaks...

(..or was it Apoficker? )
    Got that mail too, over here in Austria.
    And yes, it came in the same, bad german, that is normally used in Spam Mail from the "royal family of Ghana" or so ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Got it 10 times or so. Well, shouldn't have played with so many devices and emulators I guess
    xandros9 likes this.
    i got the email today!
    For those getting the email... Have you not updated the certificate on your device(s) yet???

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I did update the certificate about a week ago and just got an email from hp .
    yeah I got the memo

Done
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    <threads merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The only one I got was for my wife's profile she used on her Pixi. That one will not be updated unless I install it manually, as it is not in use and has no wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    <threads merged>
    hhm sledge thats rude. I requested a merge of the threads, but not a merge of the other thread,s first post into my first posting here

Now what about my earned likes and thanks, are they given to alonhzn now and substracted on my account

just kidding, not relevant who brought it up as long as we get some more webOS users over to post-7/13 era
    Remy X likes this.
    I've transfered my "like" down to you
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    For those getting the email... Have you not updated the certificate on your device(s) yet???

You have my device I believe
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    You have my device I believe
    Actually it's gone on to a dude who was missing webOS having had a Pre - he gave up...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Actually it's gone on to a dude who was missing webOS having had a Pre - he gave up...
    I guess that makes him the 4th owner!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    I haven't got mail so far but i have updated already all devices, seems HP are sending mails out to account users not updated AppCat for the new cert.

Threads on german forum/website about it:

Ist das Fishing? - Allgemein - Nexave Palmforum

Code:
    Obligatorischer HP webOS-Update

Ein Zertifikat für webOS-Geräte läuft am 23. Juli 2013 aus. Damit das System mit Cloud-Services wie Backup / Restore und Application Katalog interagieren kann, muss das Zertifikat aktualisiert werden.

Seit 6. Juni hat eine automatische Aktualisierung des App Katalogs das Zertifikat ersetzt. Das bedeutet, dass, wenn Ihr Gerät webOS "2.1" oder höher hat, können Sie das Zertifikat automatisch durch die Aktivierung Ihres Geräts installieren wenn Sie das Update akzeptieren.

Wenn Ihr Gerät ein webOS-Version älter als "2.1" hat, oder Sie wollen manuell installieren, wählen Sie die App "App Catalog Update" auf dem HP App Katalog Ihres Gerätes und installieren Sie es auf Ihrem System.

Um das neue Zertifikat zu installieren, downloaden und installieren Sie bitte diese Anwendung.

Nach 23. Juli 2013, wird es notwendig sein, besondere Maßnahmen zu ergreifen, um dieses Update zu installieren. Einzelheiten sind auf der HP Support-Website verfügbar: (http://email.hpwebosnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/t/hBkF60bwYrv0PTe04COJ0GP)

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten.

webOS Team

Zertifikat läuft aus – wichtiges Update für alle webOS-Geräte | webOS Blog

Anyone outside germany got those?

Updates on the HP site:
    https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Got a mail from HP webOS Team... I thought there was no HP webOS team anymore... Good to know!

"
    Mandatory webOS system update

A certificate used on webOS devices expires on July 23, 2013. For the system to be able to use cloud services such as Backup/Restore and App Catalog the certificate needs to be updated.

Beginning June 6th an automatic update to the Application Catalog has replaced the certificate. That means that if your device is running webOS “2.1” or greater you can have the certificate installed automatically by activating your device and accepting the update.

If your device is running a webOS version older than “2.1”, or you want to manually install, go to the HP App Catalog on your device and select the app called “App Catalog Update”, download and install it on your system.

To install the new certificate, download and install this application.

After July 23rd, 2013, it will be necessary to take special steps to install this update. Details will be available on the HP support site (Redirect to the target website)

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

webOS Team
    "
    I was not sure if I should trust it, since I've had my palm pre for 2 years and have never gotten an email from them. Do I need to follow the instructions in the email or ignore it? Thanks in advance!
    KK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast