Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    There is a patch to speed up and I think one to eliminate the pulse, but neither actually affect app load time that I recall.
    I liked how you could just let it load and go do something else, where else could you open a few apps at the same time?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I liked how you could just let it load and go do something else, where else could you open a few apps at the same time?
    I can't think of any other OS, desktop or mobile where I can launch an app and change my mind. I do it all the time, like it just the way it is
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    they wont care as the apple sheep will just follow their lead.
    Why do you call them sheep?
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    I guess it's because some people will put up with anything Apple does and will never question it, while thinking they are above anyone who uses other devices of another brand.

There's another way to call them.. Vain, juvenile snobs. We've all met one of them at one point or another...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    I wonder what apple is growing to do about the growing fragmentation in their ecosystem! Although it would never be as massive as androids.
    WebOS had huge fragmentation.

I will say this - Our only iOS device is a 2007 1st generation iPad Touch. Everything works. I'm not sure what you consider fragmented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I guess it's because some people will put up with anything Apple does and will never question it, while thinking they are above anyone who uses other devices of another brand.

There's another way to call them.. Vain, juvenile snobs. We've all met one of them at one point or another...
    With all do respect, that's what YOU are doing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Wasn't there a a patch to reduce the card animation time? Maybe I'm wrong. I can't find it. I can find something that reduces 'Tap-ripple' time so maybe that's what I'm thinking of.
    I think such a patch would have to change webos behavior to go full screen whether its ready or not. For example the unofficial webos nation app will just sit there and pulse if there in no Internet connection.
    the term sheep is used, often used to refer to Apple fanboys (iSheep), to insult those who one believes to follow Apple (the shepard) religiously and buying whatever Apple puts out, doing whatever Apple decrees, supporting Apple without thought. (Also thrown around by fanatical Android fans against those who they don't agree with on Apple-related topics, often accompanied with a "b'ahhhh!")

Similar to use of fandroid. Often found in flamewars.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    With all do respect, that's what YOU are doing right now.
    you're accusing me of vanity? Good thing you haven't met me in line at the store, using my saran wrapped* Pre+ with a USB port crack (touchscreen still works)

Oooh shiney!

*food-grade vinyl wrap isn't the most durable or aesthetic sort of screen protector. "Just applied" will always have bubbles, and by the time bubbles work themselves out, there's either a tear or a peeling corner, even on the second day.

The issue at hand is that Apple deliberately downgrades the functionality and app selection of older, no-longer-current phones, even if the hardware and software is still capable of supporting those features. Retroactively killing what works is quite patronizing, and yet some people have the gall to defend Apple's actions. Sheep? Yes, no, maybe? Kind of twisted if you ask me.

Hey, don't worry. I have a thick skin, you can call me whatever you want. I just found it amusing that you would think that a Pre+ could be used as an object of vanity, a status symbol. Maybe in Africa, but not here in Southern California... Orange County, of all places

Oh, and some news on your favorite company:

How Apple led an e-book price conspiracy | Ars Technica

and

Apple gives up on failing App Store v. Appstore trademark lawsuit | Ars Technica

Looks like the judges are no longer interested in fruity money... a double win for Amazon
    geekpeter likes this.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    the term sheep is used, often used to refer to Apple fanboys (iSheep), to insult those who one believes to follow Apple (the shepard) religiously and buying whatever Apple puts out, doing whatever Apple decrees, supporting Apple without thought. (Also thrown around by fanatical Android fans against those who they don't agree with on Apple-related topics, often accompanied with a "b'ahhhh!")

Similar to use of fandroid. Often found in flamewars.
    Which is weird in itself when you consider this forum effectively requires an almost religious level of faith in the return of the saviour...
    Their more renowned for being the "cool" brand thats a must have, and people will go to great lengths for old and younger people to stay trendy and be seen to have the latest and greatest, even when its no more than a software update they will still trade in their perfectly fine older phone (sometimes not even that old, as per ipad3 to 4) to get the newer one even tho there no great need to do so.

This is so common a thing that apple play on it all the time releasing things that arent really needed (ipad3 to ipad4), (iphone4 to iphone4s) etc, and they happily do so because their customers still rush to "upgrade", even when that upgrade is amazingly minor so far that most wont even notice.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    you're accusing me of vanity? Good thing you haven't met me in line at the store, using my saran wrapped* Pre+ with a USB port crack (touchscreen still works)

Oooh shiney!

*food-grade vinyl wrap isn't the most durable or aesthetic sort of screen protector. "Just applied" will always have bubbles, and by the time bubbles work themselves out, there's either a tear or a peeling corner, even on the second day.

The issue at hand is that Apple deliberately downgrades the functionality and app selection of older, no-longer-current phones, even if the hardware and software is still capable of supporting those features. Retroactively killing what works is quite patronizing, and yet some people have the gall to defend Apple's actions. Sheep? Yes, no, maybe? Kind of twisted if you ask me.

Hey, don't worry. I have a thick skin, you can call me whatever you want. I just found it amusing that you would think that a Pre+ could be used as an object of vanity, a status symbol. Maybe in Africa, but not here in Southern California... Orange County, of all places

and

Apple gives up on failing App Store v. Appstore trademark lawsuit | Ars Technica

Looks like the judges are no longer interested in fruity money... a double win for Amazon
    just look at siri, no reason whatsoever to not have them use it on all their phones/tablets, yet they only supported it on newer devices as a selling point when their older tech could easily use it, but it was marketed as if you NEED the new stuff to get that 1 amazing must-have feature.

Weird ofc how the ipad3 magically got it at a later date, same for their iphone4s, it was marketed as "you need this phone for siri" yet people have ran it on their older iphone4 np, their only issue being server issues at apples end trying to enforce their 4s device hardware.

Oooh shiney!

and

their is also the dead app graveyard storys : BBC News - App Store 'full of zombies' claim on Apple anniversary
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Which is weird in itself when you consider this forum effectively requires an almost religious level of faith in the return of the saviour...
    difference is that people here are still using old pre models and are happy with it, if they were true "sheep" they would do the expected thing for sheep and all upgrade to veers or pre3's without fail.

thats the major difference to the hardcore enthusiasts here and "sheep" elsewhere.
    Remy X likes this.
    difference is that people here are still using old pre models and are happy with it, if they were true "sheep" they would do the expected thing for sheep and all upgrade to veers or pre3's without fail.

thats the major difference to the hardcore enthusiasts here and "sheep" elsewhere.
    Are you claiming that people aren't using older versions of other mobile devices?

This sheep thing is silly and childish. I have a Macbook (long time Mac user) yet a WebOS phone and before that I was a long time Palm Treo user.

Why bother trying to run down users of other formats? You obviously know nothing about them.

I know a lot of people with the iPhone 4 and it was released around the same time as the Pre Plus.
    Their more renowned for being the "cool" brand thats a must have, and people will go to great lengths for old and younger people to stay trendy and be seen to have the latest and greatest, even when its no more than a software update they will still trade in their perfectly fine older phone (sometimes not even that old, as per ipad3 to 4) to get the newer one even tho there no great need to do so.

This is so common a thing that apple play on it all the time releasing things that arent really needed (ipad3 to ipad4), (iphone4 to iphone4s) etc, and they happily do so because their customers still rush to "upgrade", even when that upgrade is amazingly minor so far that most wont even notice.
    Didn't Palm do the same thing? Pre + a year after the Pre? The Pre 2 six months after that?
    Are you claiming that people aren't using older versions of other mobile devices?

This sheep thing is silly and childish. I have a Macbook (long time Mac user) yet a WebOS phone and before that I was a long time Palm Treo user.

Why bother trying to run down users of other formats? You obviously know nothing about them.

I know a lot of people with the iPhone 4 and it was released around the same time as the Pre Plus.
    compare sizes of the userbases, the minority of iphone users that dont upgrade will be far less than the ones that rush out and buy the latest thing every time (otherwise apple wouldnt be rolling in cash, and their computer sales dont count as they are only inflated because they force mobile devs to buy an apple computer/laptop or they dont allow devs to publish their apps on the apple store) , otherwise many of them wouldnt be branded as sheep in the first place.

who says im running them down? since when did "sheep" mean anything offensive, its just a term used to describe people who "flock" to the shops to buy the latest thing, i could be talking about android users, xbox/ps users or anything else in the tekkie world, so trying to pretend im calling them anything offensive is a bit extreme.

you also say "them" but i have loads of android/webos and some apple products, id say i can happily make any comparison i like, its only my personal opinion which i believe were all entitled too.

i could say the exact same things for ps3/xbox/wii "talk wars" as again i own them all, again tho in that example i only voice my own opinions and what i notice elewhere, be that online or local to me.

your comparison of what you notice with regards to people you say still have their old stuff is no different to my noticing the oposite for people near me, doesnt make me or you wrong but for a large bunch of people to be branded sheep in the first place...... well these things dont just happen for no reason, they happen because its a well known occurance for many.
    Didn't Palm do the same thing? Pre + a year after the Pre? The Pre 2 six months after that?
    no idea im new to the game, but did all/most palm users rush out to upgrade?
    Last edited by geekpeter; 07/11/2013 at 06:52 PM.
    no idea im new to the game, but did all/most palm users rush out to upgrade?
    The Pre wasn't a "hit". By the time of the Pre Plus, the iPhone 4 was being released, the EVO was out and people were still in their contracts with the Pre until 2011 (with a 2 year plan).
    Last edited by rnld; 07/11/2013 at 09:25 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast