Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    And I'd like all of it, every gesture-based direct manipulation, to be consistent across iOS so I never have to so much as think about what I'm doing. I just have to do it.
    -- Rene Ritchie in iOS 7 and the continuing gamification of interface | iMore.com
    Just give in already
    He wants a Kinect or reaction times like one of those motion-activated Samsung SmartTVs if you read closely. A Wii-like sensor bar for his smartphone. I didn't get any webOS reference at all from that article.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    He wants a Kinect or reaction times like one of those motion-activated Samsung SmartTVs if you read closely. A Wii-like sensor bar for his smartphone. I didn't get any webOS reference at all from that article.
    What you're saying reminds me of what i've read Samsung is doing for a new phone, with the hands-free reading of emails (i've only read an article that mentions it in passing, never saw it in action)... i assume they use facial recognition plus hand gestures....

But then, the quote i posted, viewed separately seems to imply that some gesture-based interaction in iOS is not as fluid and intuitive as the author wants it to be....
    riiiiight
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive