Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By Vistaus
  • 1 Post By Buddy1969
  1.    #1  
    given the small number of users, I wonder if the NSA even monitors WebOs activity
    don't know of course, but I suspect they concentrate on more widely used operating systems
    You mean like what? Trying to subpoena Palm Profiles unrelated to any given investigation?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $webOS$ $is$ $considered$ $to$ $be$ $quite$ $low$ $on$ $the$ $physical$ $device$ $security$ $scale$. $And$ $i$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $HP$ $stores$ $actual$ $Palm$ $Profile$ $passwords$ $or$ $only$ $hashes$.
    Highly doubtful the NSA is monitoring webOS as a platform; it's the services like Facebook, Twitter, and Google's services like Gmail that the NSA purports to monitor, so it would mean that indirectly your data is available to the NSA if you're using them from your webOS device.

Of course, the NSA has been "friendly" with AT&T (Room 641, anyone), Verizon, and other carriers and Internet Service Providers for a while, so there's not a whole lot anyone can do to avoid it at this point.

Under FISA, you simply won't know because it's illegal under Federal law for a provider to admit that a FISA request has been made.
    WebOS already has Facebook, Yahoo, Hotmail, Skype, and Gmail seamlessly intergrated together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I wonder if the NSA even monitors WebOs activity
    Hmm, not sure what you talking about ? What is NSA ? What kind of monitoring service do you mean?

Martin from Germany
    Hmm, not sure what you talking about ? What is NSA ? What kind of monitoring service do you mean?

Martin from Germany
    You can try Google to see what NSA means, but lets give a hint: Nothing is Secure in America?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post

Martin from Germany
    Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations | World news | guardian.co.uk

And in regards to Germany:

U.S. snooping revelations cause trouble for allies | Reuters
    i hope Martin left out the ironic tags intentionally, cause this prism gate is also cooking up in old europe.

but what about a new webOS marketing strategy:

webOS THE terrorist OS.
    NSA = Not Safe Anymore
    Not
    Supposed to
    Ask
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 likes this.
    No
    Such
    Agency
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    RumoredNow likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    i hope Martin left out the ironic tags intentionally, cause this prism gate is also cooking up in old europe.

but what about a new webOS marketing strategy:

webOS THE terrorist OS.
    but as has been pointed out, the NSA trolls more from social forums, though they do have access to devices
    still there are marketing advantages to having such a small market share
    anyone know of WebOs viruses???
    Last edited by Artichoke; 06/11/2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    anyone know of WebOs viruses???
    nope, zip
    we're too small to bother wasting time to target (from a bad guy's perspective) when Android is a much juicier target
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    webos could actually be watched! consider this att send data to the government so if you have att you probably are being watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    webos could actually be watched! consider this att send data to the government so if you have att you probably are being watched.
    zOMG!

Old news. It's AT&T, Verizon, Google, Facebook, etc...

You know who else is monitoring you? Us.

Don't even think of trying to scam yourself a free/low cost device on here again. We'll be watching you

(Hp touchpad Go "stolen" !!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    zOMG!

Old news. It's AT&T, Verizon, Google, Facebook, etc...

You know who else is monitoring you? Us.

Don't even think of trying to scam yourself a free/low cost device on here again. We'll be watching you

(Hp touchpad Go "stolen" !!!)
    well i wasn't trying to get a free webos device and you can gladly watch me im not going to cause any harm also Remy if you don't mind me asking what is your opinion on hp eventually shutting down the servers for webos?
    The servers? Since they have re-purposed them for use as an enterprise-grade mobile backup and cloud sync system (essentially, reselling Synergy separately from webOS), i doubt they'd drop webOS compatibility... "Gotta catch them all", with Android, iOS, WP, BB10, and so webOS fills out the list nicely, even if no new devices have been produced since the "Apothecalypse"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    The servers? Since they have re-purposed them for use as an enterprise-grade mobile backup and cloud sync system (essentially, reselling Synergy separately from webOS), i doubt they'd drop webOS compatibility... "Gotta catch them all", with Android, iOS, WP, BB10, and so webOS fills out the list nicely, even if no new devices have been produced since the "Apothecalypse"...
    ok good i was beginning to worry about hp long term plans for the webos servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    That already happened. For 6 years in a row now, my country The Netherlands, has been #1 on the list of most phone snooping activity by the Dutch version of the FBI. But we aren't considered a land of criminals so... It's really that worse. There's more phone snooping here every year than in the USA or any other country.

So yeah, that part has already happened and it won't come as a suprise to me if more European countries are snooping/eaves dropping on people.
    Remy X likes this.
    *ROFL*

Time to take off the /tinfoilhat

Intelligence agencies are much more monitoring data and datastreams then OSs. Why get into the trouble of building trojans and rootkit for different OSs, when you can just monitor the traffic from and to the devices and comfortly read all the data provided by the owners in mails, phonecalls, social media et. al. ??

Be sure, it's NOT the choice of the OS that makes you transparent.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    RumoredNow likes this.