View Poll Results: Will they fix it before the deadline? Or at all?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 31.48%
  • No

15 27.78%
  • Maybe

22 40.74%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    If HP provided new doctor images then this would help ordinary users already, right ?
    If true then HP could still do this ..
    Not really, actually. Then they would only be able to create new doctors for unlocked devices AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Not really, actually. Then they would only be able to create new doctors for unlocked devices AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Yes, I think the carriers would want to be involved in testing any official update for a locked device. There must be not many of those left though, I don't think any European Pre3s were locked. A doctor for unlocked ROW devices should be easy enough for them to release and turning a blind eye to unofficial ones for the rest would seem to make some sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Yes, I think the carriers would want to be involved in testing any official update for a locked device. There must be not many of those left though, I don't think any European Pre3s were locked. A doctor for unlocked ROW devices should be easy enough for them to release and turning a blind eye to unofficial ones for the rest would seem to make some sense.
    Of course they would want to, but it's crazy. I mean, an update to the doctor that just changes a cert shouldn't need to be tested by the carriers. I know I'm not living in reality, which is not always governed by common sense, but by lawyers and accountants.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/07/2013 at 08:48 AM.
    andyhurley and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    A doctor for unlocked ROW devices should be easy enough for them to release
    Thanks! Actually that is all I'm interested in.
    I hate all these carrier dependencies and locked devices stuff.
    free phones and free webos ..
    My "Maybe" vote is holding up...

The TouchPad updated automatically. The Veer required some forcing, rebooting and finangling. I'm still struggling to get my Pre 2 to update.

<edit> OK so making sure the date and time are current seems to do the trick...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    'Little Bird' whispered Cert. renewal via HP App. Cat. before expiry date.. so I voted 'Yes'!

- Luckily for the Little Bird!

All installed no probs.

@ 'andyhurley' ".. the ones that are likely to also have trouble switching the date etc to run the old doctor.."

Or does a backed up Cert Update 'App' also then stay with their subsequently backed up Profile for re-download after Doctoring?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    - Luckily for the Little Bird!

All installed no probs.

@ 'andyhurley' ".. the ones that are likely to also have trouble switching the date etc to run the old doctor.."

Or does a backed up Cert Update 'App' also then stay with their subsequently backed up Profile for re-download after Doctoring?

I'm hoping it stays with the backup... I certainly did a manual backup on all my devices after getting the new certificate.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I'm hoping it stays with the backup... I certainly did a manual backup on all my devices after getting the new certificate.
    I reckon that's HP's 'methodology' here, yes.. as it is not our individual devices as such, but their 'Apps' that will have been updated.
    Hopefully new profiles registered after 23rd july 2013 will automatically recieve the Updated Cert App?

Here's hoping it works!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/07/2013 at 12:52 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12