Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
  1.    #1  
    WebOS Nation link kicked off the top bar to make room for whatever is new...
    boovish and Rnp like this.
    Not only was Derek absent in the Talk Mobile intro but now the webOS bar is gone from the site selector. WHY MOBILE NATIONS WHY! Also they mention nothing of webOS on the Talk Mobile page
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    because theirs funk all to talk about and no-one makes anything webOS so it would be surprising if they did include it, they cant magic webOS news out of thin air unfortunatly.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    theres nowt to talk about tbh, kinda expected it eventually, they hinted several times in various other threads, next thing to expect is no forum at all, finding a new home or seeing what corner/sub forum we get reduced too.
  5.    #5  
    There's still a link to this place at the bottom of the page...
    those who need/want to find as webOS forum likely still will via online searches when push comes to shove.
    We announced this last week:

Whither webOS Nation?
    We announced this change last week:

Whither webOS Nation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Adolfsson View Post

Whither webOS Nation?
    First VisorCentral, now this... Woo is me... Though I am excited they mentioned VisorCentral in the update ;-)
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    First VisorCentral, now this... Woo is me... Though I am excited they mentioned VisorCentral in the update ;-)
    You mean "woe"?
    Or.. Whoa!!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Whither webOS Nation?
    I'm sorry but no, you did not announce it. You simply posted a few sentences (see below) in a random thread. There were no e-mails sent out, nothing put on the main page, no notice on the top of the forums at all.

This is what was said:

"Just a heads up, when TM13 launches next month we will remove webOS Nation from the top network bar and footer. The site will remain running indefinitely though, just as VisorCentral.com and TreoCentral.com are still accessible.

If webOS gets another life-extension by LG, we will start promoting the site again. "

Not exactly a big announcement considering we're getting taken off the main header/footer of the site. Yeah I know we should just be thankful we still have a place to congregate and talk, and we ARE thankful for that. How much effort is it really to leave a link to these pages though? I have a good 2 inches free to the right of my screen beside the new Talk Mobile button. There is no excuse for this other than to push us out. This is the easiest way to reduce our visibility and push us to the background.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    What a loss...
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Whither webOS Nation?
    I'm sorry but no, you did not announce it. You simply posted a few sentences (see below) in a random thread. There were no e-mails sent out, nothing put on the main page, no notice on the top of the forums at all.

This is what was said:

"Just a heads up, when TM13 launches next month we will remove webOS Nation from the top network bar and footer. The site will remain running indefinitely though, just as VisorCentral.com and TreoCentral.com are still accessible.

If webOS gets another life-extension by LG, we will start promoting the site again. "

Not exactly a big announcement considering we're getting taken off the main header/footer of the site. Yeah I know we should just be thankful we still have a place to congregate and talk, and we ARE thankful for that. How much effort is it really to leave a link to these pages though? I have a good 2 inches free to the right of my screen beside the new Talk Mobile button. There is no excuse for this other than to push us out. This is the easiest way to reduce our visibility and push us to the background.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    I mean I still love WebOS, but I mean it was bound to happen eventually. We are not relevant anymore but I mean not for now at least.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Choorp likes this.

Whither webOS Nation?
    Yeah, of course. Announcing something like this beforehand takes away the fact that not everyone agrees with it.
    Yep.

It's the sad truth that webOS just isn't relevant to the discussion these days. It hasn't been for a year now, and it's going to take something huge for it to be relevant again. Of course, we're holding out hope that something of that nature will happen, but the likelihood of that happening is admittedly slim.

We still love webOS, but in the grand scheme, webOS Nation no longer compares with iMore, Android Central, CrackBerry, or even Windows Phone Central (aye...). It's been two years since the last update to webOS and the last webOS hardware, and while the LG crew is working on a TV, Phoenix is working on their stuff, and WebOS Ports is doing their ports, it's just not enough to justify putting webOS on the same level as widely-used operating systems anymore.'

And yes, webOS Nation isn't in the header now. Talk Mobile is. Big whoop. It's not like anybody's going to click on that link from one of the other sites and thing, "You know what, I'm going to switch to webOS". Those of us on webOS still are dedicated and here by choice. It's not a matter of whim. The presence of webOS Nation in the header isn't going to change any of that.

Me, I blame HP.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Remy X, Choorp, jrb363 and 8 others like this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    WebOS Nation link kicked off the top bar to make room for whatever is new...
    Honestly, you can't blame them. As others have noted, there's been no news, updates, or hardware related to WebOS for two years. There's just nothing newsworthy about WebOS anymore. Doesn't mean there aren't those of us who still enjoy it...it's just not newsworthy.
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    Anyone interested WebOS enough to read a forum is already here. The link missing doesn't change anything. Yet, its just another reminder of what is happening to our favorite OS.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Choorp likes this.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast