Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    *pulls out phone and slides it open*

Nope, it's working for me. Unless I deplete my stock of parts and replacements it's not dead for me.
    Long Live you BOTH!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Probably again:
    Web OS, as in: an OS that uses the Web or respectively is based on a WebKit of some sort
    Not as in: WebOS from Palm/HP/LG ...

I wonder why these quotes of Asian newspapers or online magazines or whatever keep shining up here. Desperation?
    ??
    Did you look at the link I posted? It clearly talks about the history of HP and Palm. I posted it after I looked at the link in Chrome and google translation and thought it interesting enough to post here. It is indeed "shining" as you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ??
    Did you look at the link I posted? It clearly talks about the history of HP and Palm. I posted it after I looked at the link in Chrome and google translation and thought it interesting enough to post here. It is indeed "shining" as you say.
    If it's true it could be that webOS Nation needs to be added back to the top bar on the MobileNations site soon
    They clearly talk about an ecosystem of devices but it is not clear whether it is tvs, washing machines etc
    and handheld webOS is a thing of the past or whether webOS mobile is included.

One positive thing is that they seem to say that Palm developed ARES for beginning developers and LG is developing tools for intermediate developers and wants to create a robust ecosystem--they seem to say an open ecosystem is the future (breathes a sigh of relief).

I'm not clear about the LG focus--maybe Derek can figure it out??
    I took a brief stab at rewording it so it's a bit more readable - the meaning is the same, just a bit easier to comprehend! Most interesting part for me:

LG's webOS is an open, cross-platform oriented mobile operating system. LG Electronics stated that webOS needs an updated multi-platform live Qt5, WebKit web browser engine – the effort to which is ongoing. Media architecture based on open source is being updated, too.

In the blueprint, LG also showed webOS capabilities and its plans to regoranise. Under HP, webOS was developed to suit the purpose of a handheld device user interface. LG stated that they have a wide variety of plans to revamp the UI to suite a lineup of smart devices. Hong commented "UI revamp will take advantage of open source".

The webOS software development toolkit (SDK) is expected to evolve – existing tools include Ares, a web-based development environment that targets beginner users. LG Electronics aims to develop a development environment to assist intermediate users.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As a volunteer here, I second Derek's sentiment, further more I blame HP for putting Leo in charge...
    yes, someone at HP put Leo in charge.
    But did HP ask their own employees ? No!
    I sent a warning to my HP colleagues on the 1st day they put Leo in charge. But who cares ..
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Probably again:
    Web OS, as in: an OS that uses the Web or respectively is based on a WebKit of some sort
    Not as in: WebOS from Palm/HP/LG ...

I wonder why these quotes of Asian newspapers or online magazines or whatever keep shining up here. Desperation?
    Man, you have no idea about you are talking... or are just trolling?

You're gone until the LG Page, at least?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fouad796 View Post
    What tha hell you talking about , you prefer a Pre3 over HTC ONE ??? Wake up ,Just wake up man
    Well... I had all IPhones since 3Gs, I has Galaxy S, SII, SIII, Galaxy Note, HTC Incredible 2, HTC One X, HTC One, Moto Photon, Moto Atrix, Moto Razr HD and muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more...

Now, I have one Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800 - the *best* screen in tablet!), one Galaxy Note II... but the oficial in my pocket is the Pre 3, and the Touchpad don't comes with me because is big...!

The other devices are good to play... but I need more than toys. I need pratical and reliable device, interface, quality... and I need to produce!

The only things that I really miss is the "ubberf**k" pictures; but I'll not gonna buy a Nokia Pureview just for this, and a real mobile Office; but the last good experience that I had was with Documents To Go 11 in Palm OS... after that, all others are c**p...

In other words, yes: I agree with him! And I know that not everybody gonna agree. Do you know why?

Because is a opinion, is subjetive... each one have your own needs, each one knows what he needs or not! You don't believe? Well... My baby have 4 years and she loves take pictures with the Pre and Veer, but loves more his dumbphone because... is pink!

So... relax!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fouad796 View Post
    What tha hell you talking about , you prefer a Pre3 over HTC ONE ??? Wake up ,Just wake up man

The keyboard and overall the FEEL of the operation (especially when single-handed) is much better than those large screen monstrosities.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Rnp, Grabber5.0, Remy X and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    All they have stated here is the fact that this site doesn't get nearly enough traffic now and it isn't good business sense for them to put significant effort into it anymore. ).
    how is keeping a link in place effort? Lol. Or, how is it bad business to keep a link in place?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    "suite a lineup of smart devices"

what does this mean? Why do I need a browser in webOS for my lineup if its washing machines? I can watch Netflix from my washing machine while I let my clothes suds?
    So my android phone tells the washing machine to stop and the app is controlled via the browser?
    Lets face it...no one but us WebOs users care any more. Since only 73 commented on this post of a monumental change, that says a lot. Go to the other Mobile Nation sites and threads get 200 posts for nothing.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    It just means that we are concise and don't feel the need to repost to express our thoughts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
    Lets face it...no one but us WebOs users care any more. Since only 73 commented on this post of a monumental change, that says a lot. Go to the other Mobile Nation sites and threads get 200 posts for nothing.
    ...or simply we're not little attention whores that check Failbook 50 times a day to see how many likes they got.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Remy X, shicky256 and cujoq37 like this.
    Not everyone thinks of this as a 'monumental change' perhaps. This has been coming for a while and with nearly zero news about webOS in months, MN will concentrate on the active sites. Yeah, it sucks that the Apotholypse has caused so much long-term damage, but until some news starts happening the link is the only thing being removed. There won't be any new stories on the front page if there aren't any new stories to write about, but these forums are being kept around and being kept alive and supported.
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not everyone thinks of this as a 'monumental change' perhaps.
    I'm at webOS Nation several times a day and even have not noticed this change at all.

Most users know the page, and new people will come through guugel or s.th. else. Anyway I don't understand why the link was removed, it was more work to kill it, than just leave it where it was.

but these forums are being kept around and being kept alive and supported.
    This is what counts, everything what is new will be discussed here!
    As a somewhat active member recently of another M|N forum, many threads get far fewer than 73 posts... I will leave it at that, anyone can read into it what they want to. I don't own a non-webOS device since my previous PalmOS devices, and I can answer many questions for these folks with far fewer than 10 posts in their thread.

It is what it is, I have devices I don't care to use, I have a certain form factor I prefer to use, maybe my horse is a lil high, but in 3 1/2 years on these forums, I have found some things are different, please don't compare post count in a single thread to another. Many folks already knew this was coming, many folks go directly to webosnation.com (etc) and don't use the top bar and would never notice. The only folks that will notice is those that are heavy users of the "passport" system that float between forums in the M|N family.
    Hmmm...

Maybe I should spend more time on the forums instead of my silly project of hacking open webOS onto google glass, but I've got to say, I just can't see what you're all talking about!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    shicky256 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hmmm...

Maybe I should spend more time on the forums instead of my silly project of hacking open webOS onto google glass, but I've got to say, I just can't see what you're all talking about!
    Odd. Mine looks a little different. Is it because I'm using Chrome, or since the new version hasn't rolled out to all users yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Reading this is just sad. This post is the diametric opposite of mature; brushing broad strokes over other communities only makes this community look petulant when people see members of this community post abrasive crap like this around here.

Man up and rise above categorizing other groups like this.
    I have seen far worse from other communities... and I have seen far worse in here against its own...

(BTW I am a heavy FB user, etc. not attempting to piggyback on Toni's post.)
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast