Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Saying webOS is 'dead' is quite the over-statement. Even if LG shelves it, webOS is now Open Source and will always be alive as long as it has a fan base. Just because it isn't adopted for current phones by companies certainly doesn't mean it is "dead". Why is it that it's always Android users who have an all-or-nothing opinion about other OS's.
    openwebos hasn't made great strides at all, so i disagree. and for your info i owned several webos devices back in the day. i know some of you are stubborn but to say theres still hope of lg making a smartphone with it is pretty out there. if webos was still so relevant then im sure derek would push to keep this forum going strong.

more than anyone id love to see it make a comeback but i think its years past its prime now.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    i think its time to face the fact that webos is dead. sad but true guys. i applaud you all for hanging on but someday you will have to move on and get another kind of device.
    *pulls out phone and slides it open*

Nope, it's working for me. Unless I deplete my stock of parts and replacements it's not dead for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Nope, it's working for me. Unless I deplete my stock of parts and replacements it's not dead for me.
    as i said if you want to stick to outdated hardware without even 4g then by all means do. myself i couldn't recommend the pre line to anybody right now. its sad but its the truth.
  4.    #44  
    as i said if you want to stick to outdated hardware without even 4g then by all means do. myself i couldn't recommend the pre line to anybody right now. its sad but its the truth.
    *pulls out a Veer*

"4g"... unless you meant LTE...
    I grew tired of that d*** measuring contest by the name of "I have the latest phone" a long time ago.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I seem to have a knack for getting on to the bandwagon of innovative technology and products that for various reasons end up losing out to other (often lesser) alternatives.

- OS/2
    - Saab cars
    - webOS

But, I still enjoy their design and features, whether others do or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    apotheker didnt hire himself.
    Yes, but they did expect him to do this
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up

*Pulls out Pixi* All the girls run over because everyone knows that tiny phones are chick magnets especially the Veer
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  9.    #49  
    **walks over to see what the hype is about, but stares at the girls and ignores the phone**
    I grew tired of that d*** measuring contest by the name of "I have the latest phone" a long time ago.
    LOL it's the only argument many have to go with...

I've got an HTC One sitting here on my desk and a Pre3 sitting right next to it. All of the core apps I need are on my Pre3 (Pre2 up until last month) and I by FAR prefer it over the One. Yes, that is a beautiful phone and has some cool features... but even without the bazillions of apps, the the Pre3 is an amazing feeling device and webOS is certainly a more fluid OS. I use the HTC One for work, but my daily driver is still my Pre3. Now... that's not being "stubborn" or being blind... it's using them daily side-by-side and preferring one over the other. Simple as that.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    WebOS Nation will always be my entry page into Mobile Nation websites. I check this site more often than I do the forum over in AC for my current phone.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Can someone please write a patch to go back in time please?
    What are you talking about?

Homebrew fixed this back in 2010!

...no wait, they WILL fix it in 2015!

Whenever!

1. Remove SIM
    2. Insert Flux capacitor
    3. Overclock to 8.8 Ghz

But never mind that, come and check out the Pre9 your kids are building!

- Doc Brown
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/30/2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Protest what? Giving up a link to the least-trafficked Mobile Nations site for our new big and exciting project? As you can see by your very posting in this forum, the site hasn't been shut down.
    I don't care about the link itself. I'm more concerned about what this says for WebOS overall. I also am kind of confused why Mobile Nations replaced the link with a Talk Mobile button, instead of putting it in the free space next to the former WebOS button. I'm also concerned about how you aren't listed on the Writers/Editors board. Is no one a writer for WebOS Nation? You're listed as an "Editor in chief", but as far as anyone just going to the site, WebOS Nation doesn't exist. I'm also confused about your pessimistic outlook that you've been spreading throughout this thread, like you don't care about WebOS either.
    mattmers and MartinH@webos like this.
    Look, webOS is dead to you and is not dead to me. Finished... and bye.

Here; in Brazil, we gonna use 4G in 700Mhz only in 2018. Until there, we have to live with (eca!) 2.5Ghz. So, for now my webOS devices in 5 year ahead in time...

I coudn't recommend thousands of Android devices launched after the Pre 3... yes, its sad, but its the truth...

Now... People...

The first time that I came to Treocentral, was not by Mobile Nations... So, I'll not missing the webOS in any places there...

While precentral.net or webosnation.com bring me here, I really gonna ignore this fact... as always.

The message was sent and received. And this is enough.

More important than this is try to find any news about our loved SO. Ok, maybe not for some guys, but is to me.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Me, I blame HP.
    As a volunteer here, I second Derek's sentiment, further more I blame HP for putting Leo in charge...
    Choorp and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shicky256 View Post
    I don't care about the link itself. I'm more concerned about what this says for WebOS overall. I also am kind of confused why Mobile Nations replaced the link with a Talk Mobile button, instead of putting it in the free space next to the former WebOS button. I'm also concerned about how you aren't listed on the Writers/Editors board. Is no one a writer for WebOS Nation? You're listed as an "Editor in chief", but as far as anyone just going to the site, WebOS Nation doesn't exist. I'm also confused about your pessimistic outlook that you've been spreading throughout this thread, like you don't care about WebOS either.
    With all due respect, because I do understand your concern, that's the way it is. It doesn't look at all like a personal thing from Derek or Mobile Nations. All they have stated here is the fact that this site doesn't get nearly enough traffic now and it isn't good business sense for them to put significant effort into it anymore. That's not pessimism: it's a truth that hurts. Yes, the broader implications aren't great either. But those sure as heck can't be pinned on anyone here.

These changes are their prerogative and are absolutely fair. Given they're being gracious enough to keep both the forums and site live (if not linked and updated) shows good will and puts any more uproar about this in bad taste, imho.

Now then, I will go continue enjoying this site as well as the rest of Mobile Nations. May they continue having every success (even if mostly to rest assured they can keep the lights on here ).
    Being on this site on and off since it was Clie Central, yes, I am a bit sad, that it had come this way.

But tbh, I expected nothing less. It's neither the fault of mobile nations, nor the fault of Derek Kessler that WebOS failed.
    Time to stop bashing those over hurt fan feelings.

Those who cling to yesterday are welcome to do so, but don't hit on those who move on, ok?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    malberto likes this.
    LOL it's the only argument many have to go with...

I've got an HTC One sitting here on my desk and a Pre3 sitting right next to it. All of the core apps I need are on my Pre3 (Pre2 up until last month) and I by FAR prefer it over the One. Yes, that is a beautiful phone and has some cool features... but even without the bazillions of apps, the the Pre3 is an amazing feeling device and webOS is certainly a more fluid OS. I use the HTC One for work, but my daily driver is still my Pre3. Now... that's not being "stubborn" or being blind... it's using them daily side-by-side and preferring one over the other. Simple as that.
    What tha hell you talking about , you prefer a Pre3 over HTC ONE ??? Wake up ,Just wake up man
    Someone (afterdan) just made a new thread, which now I can't find--which posted an LG article on zdnet in Korean.

Judging by the google translation, LG Electronics Research Institute (yes, there apparently is such a thing and it sounds like its their Bell Labs or similar to HP's strategic innovation dept), held some sort of conference where they said very complimentary things about open WebOS being strongly developed and its advantages of being able to connect devices from all ecosystems

Here is the google translate,

"Re-open world of the Web OS platform ecosystem LG Electronics presented a blueprint. Simple and open ecosystem of smart devices into the operating system configuration hagetdaneun sketch was spot on with the Web OS.

Hong committee "Web OS developers four years developing a platform with all the passion and interference," said "someday blossom expect," he said.

■ Compatibility with open platform, ecosystem-oriented"...

"LG Electronics used in the visualization of Web OS rendering capabilities to reorganization plans. Existing HP, Palm Web OS, time to suit the purpose of a handheld device user interface (UI) has been fixed. LG Electronics to the lineup of smart devices to suit a wide variety of plans to revamp the UI. Hong Commissioner "UI revamp will take advantage of open source," he said."

As you can see from the above, there is some mention of a handheld user interface but the google translation is unclear. Perhaps someone from the LG Silicon Valley dept can elaborate or someone on these boards that speaks Korean?

LG

Hey if Dieter can go on a rant this past weekend and praise the Veer above current phones (see his twitter feed and the last Verge mobile podcast), anything can happen, right?
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Here is the google translate,

"Re-open world of the Web OS platform ecosystem LG Electronics presented a blueprint. Simple and open ecosystem of smart devices into the operating system configuration hagetdaneun sketch was spot on with the Web OS.
    Probably again:
    Web OS, as in: an OS that uses the Web or respectively is based on a WebKit of some sort
    Not as in: WebOS from Palm/HP/LG ...

I wonder why these quotes of Asian newspapers or online magazines or whatever keep shining up here. Desperation?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast