Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yep.

It's the sad truth that webOS just isn't relevant to the discussion these days. It hasn't been for a year now, and it's going to take something huge for it to be relevant again. Of course, we're holding out hope that something of that nature will happen, but the likelihood of that happening is admittedly slim.

Me, I blame HP.
    We all do Derek. We all do... :'(
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Remy X likes this.
    Moblle Nations blogs
    Screwing over the readers.
    Move over, HP.

Or...

Come on, Derek.
    You're not even protesting.
    Have you been possessed?

Or...

Even my TouchPad
    Has room for a link on top.
    Why not put one there?
    Just thought I'd return to my old standby.
    For the record, I posted a haiku about HP not releasing Open WebOS for their existing devices the day before a contest for writing haikus about HP not releasing WebOS for their existing devices was put on the blog. Coincidence? I think not.
    Last edited by shicky256; 05/31/2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Just curious... Does this mean that WebOS Nation won't be getting any forum upgrades? I've noticed that the other MN sites have much better forums.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I personally dont like them
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Remy X, T-Pad and Rnp like this.
    Yep.

It's the sad truth that webOS just isn't relevant to the discussion these days. It hasn't been for a year now, and it's going to take something huge for it to be relevant again. Of course, we're holding out hope that something of that nature will happen, but the likelihood of that happening is admittedly slim.

We still love webOS, but in the grand scheme, webOS Nation no longer compares with iMore, Android Central, CrackBerry, or even Windows Phone Central (aye...). It's been two years since the last update to webOS and the last webOS hardware, and while the LG crew is working on a TV, Phoenix is working on their stuff, and WebOS Ports is doing their ports, it's just not enough to justify putting webOS on the same level as widely-used operating systems anymore.'

And yes, webOS Nation isn't in the header now. Talk Mobile is. Big whoop. It's not like anybody's going to click on that link from one of the other sites and thing, "You know what, I'm going to switch to webOS". Those of us on webOS still are dedicated and here by choice. It's not a matter of whim. The presence of webOS Nation in the header isn't going to change any of that.

Me, I blame HP.
    I don't. It was Apotheker's fault. HP was just an innocent instrument used to play webOS's final movement
    Last edited by boovish; 05/30/2013 at 02:03 PM.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I don't. It was Apotheker's fault. HP was just an innocent instrument used to play webOS's finally movement
    apotheker didnt hire himself.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Remy X, C-Note, vgg and 1 others like this.
    So some stuff I wanted to show

Capture.PNG
    I see extra space, just saying

Capture2.jpg
    Hey, look we are part of MobileNations, you just have to go to the main site....waits where is Derek

capture7.PNG
    So we are not part of a mobile community...?

Capture8.PNG
    No Contributers or an Editor...hmmmm

So we don't have a Contributer or an Editor, Not a Community of MobileNations, Clearly not welcome on the the top bar other then the main site (which no one uses) ....... So is there special tax benefits to keeping webOSNations "on the book"? are you pulling an HP on use?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    I miss webOS rather badly. Still nothing that compares.... unified messaging... cards.... how you can flow from app to app with a simple swipe.... i loved it all.
    Vistaus likes this.
    You take my precious, I block your TM thingie.

That means no ad revenue, no scripting, no analytics, no browser cookies, no Flash or Silverlight cookies.
    You'll be lucky if you get my User Agent.
    I imagine that webOS would have a larger market share than BB and WP by now. You know because they were doing poorly recently
    However you're not yet removed from the Passport bar. Which confuses me, given you've been removed from the header and footer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yep.
    It's been two years since the last update to webOS
    Hey, don't forget about the 2.2.5 upgrade that some people on Verizon got and a doctor exists for that. That update came a year ago.
    Could be worse...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    T-Pad likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shicky256 View Post
    [CENTER]Moblle Nations blogs
    Come on, Derek.
    You're not even protesting.
    Have you been possessed?
    Protest what? Giving up a link to the least-trafficked Mobile Nations site for our new big and exciting project? As you can see by your very posting in this forum, the site hasn't been shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    So some stuff I wanted to show
    So we don't have a Contributer or an Editor, Not a Community of MobileNations, Clearly not welcome on the the top bar other then the main site (which no one uses) ....... So is there special tax benefits to keeping webOSNations "on the book"? are you pulling an HP on use?
    Don't be ridiculous, it's 2013. webOS isn't mentioned in the same breath as Android, iOS, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone anymore.

Also, that whole "special tax benefits" business with regards to HP and webOS was a bunch of malarkey. I couldn't find a single independent corporate finance professional who could explain that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    You take my precious, I block your TM thingie.

That means no ad revenue, no scripting, no analytics, no browser cookies, no Flash or Silverlight cookies.
    You'll be lucky if you get my User Agent.
    What precious did we take? What has stopped working? Why so bitter?

I imagine that webOS would have a larger market share than BB and WP by now. You know because they were doing poorly recently
    Surely you must be joking. BlackBerry and Windows Phone sell more devices in a quarter than webOS ever did.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Choorp, dignitary, Rnp and 2 others like this.
    Meh... I couldn't care less.

I go straight to the forums by typing forums.precentral.net anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    However you're not yet removed from the Passport bar. Which confuses me, given you've been removed from the header and footer.
    It will remain in the Passport pop-up, since post will still count towards your global count.
    Can someone please write a patch to go back in time please?
    Not only was Derek absent in the Talk Mobile intro but now the webOS bar is gone from the site selector. WHY MOBILE NATIONS WHY! Also they mention nothing of webOS on the Talk Mobile page
    i think its time to face the fact that webos is dead. sad but true guys. i applaud you all for hanging on but someday you will have to move on and get another kind of device.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I miss webOS rather badly. Still nothing that compares.... unified messaging... cards.... how you can flow from app to app with a simple swipe.... i loved it all.
    i wish i could agree but android has come a long way to. i made the switch years ago and im happy. i wish lg would make a webos device but i just dont see it happening.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Whoa! How did I even get here...Oh wait, I just clicked on the same bookmark I've been using for 3 or 4 years.

I just appreciate that I have somewhere to go to ask questions. Thanks for keeping the forum up and running.
    mike5, Rnp, ananimus and 3 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    i think its time to face the fact that webos is dead. sad but true guys. i applaud you all for hanging on but someday you will have to move on and get another kind of device.
    Saying webOS is 'dead' is quite the over-statement. Even if LG shelves it, webOS is now Open Source and will always be alive as long as it has a fan base. Just because it isn't adopted for current phones by companies certainly doesn't mean it is "dead". Why is it that it's always Android users who have an all-or-nothing opinion about other OS's.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast