Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By broncot
  1.    #1  
    Hi I'm interested in getting a webOS device but my parents would only let if there's a way to block/delete the browser, does anyone know of a way to do this?
    Not that I know of, never seen anyone come up with a solution for parental control.
    One can delete the browser app, but that does not mean someone can't use an app to browse, as the device is very open (it is hard to block things), but one can always try...

But the most important thing, is to have your parents use a parental control on the internet provider, my router provides options for this, also carriers are now starting to allow filters for data plans.

But with the internet nothing is 100%, where there is a will there is a way.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Katz1 View Post
    Hi I'm interested in getting a webOS device but my parents would only let if there's a way to block/delete the browser, does anyone know of a way to do this?
    Maybe you can have them consider OpenDNS for Homes and Families
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Katz1 View Post
    Post #42 here, worked on my son's Pre 2.

Blocking Web Acess to teenagers
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.