1.    #1  
    Hi,

just wondering is 3.05 CE or not? The only update I remember installing was from the System Update. If it isn't CE what am i missing and how do I get CE on my Touchpad without having to build it from scratch?

All my OS are x64 including Ubuntu and the webOS ports recommend 32bit :/

Thanks,

Barry
    You install it via preware, but you need beta feeds enabled. Then using tweaks you can set it up. I have it and love it.

Good luck!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Hi,

just wondering is 3.05 CE or not? The only update I remember installing was from the System Update. If it isn't CE what am i missing and how do I get CE on my Touchpad without having to build it from scratch?

All my OS are x64 including Ubuntu and the webOS ports recommend 32bit :/

Thanks,

Barry
    WOCE is a code release of LunaSysMgr from webOS 3.0.5 (with the closed source parts removed)...

It is not a full release of the webOS source of webOS 3.0.5.

Open Source Packages - HP webOS open source compliance

Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    You install it via preware, but you need beta feeds enabled. Then using tweaks you can set it up. I have it and love it.

Good luck!
    Preware offers a webOS Internals/webOS Ports ported LunaSysMgr called LunaCE, which is WOCE with a bunch of code updated along with some Tweaks Preferences to enabled/disable the code...

It is compiled (so no need to compile it yourself), all one needs to do is enable the correct feeds and install thru preware (provided you are at webOS 3.0.5), or go to the feeds thru a browser download the IPK, copy it to the device desired and install the IPK. (or one can uncompress the IPK and perform the steps the IPK does to install, to install on other versions of webOS for certain devices)...

As long as you are at webOS 3.0.5, LunaCE to my knowledge works on the Touchpad, Touchpad 4G, and Touchpad Go (although the rotation is off and creates issues with the camera app)...

If for some reason you have issues installing they do provide a recovery Luna IPK which will reset you to the default Touchpad (WiFi or AT&T) build (according to the MD5SUM of the binary in the IPK) LunaSysMgr binary.

However, they do modify the event.d file for the LunaSysMgr which remains at the webOS Ports version with the recovery Luna IPK, so it does not bring you back to full default, just default in relation to LunaSysMgr binary.

FYI on github they (webOS Ports) do have the full source of their LunaCE, one can fork that source, modify the source code and compile their own LunaCE...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/20/2013 at 11:29 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both for taking the time to reply and explain! Much appreciated.

Barry