Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    Im making a list for fun going from rarest down.

1. Windsornot. At least one to two of the devices exist. There is a thread for it.
    2. Touchpad Go. Fewer than a few dozen exist,. A seven inch Touchpad.
    3. White Pre 3. I only know that one of these devices exist.
    4. C40 Prototype. The Sprint Pre 2. Less than 6 I know of exist.
    5. Touchstone 2. At least 3 of these exist. Essentially an audio dock for the Pre 3. I own one but I recently saw there were a few more out there so I was wrong here ;p.

6. Veer with Touch to Share. Fewer than ten exist with the ability to do TTS without a need to update the firmware it is essentially ble to do it out of the box.

7. Verizon Pre 3. Im guessing less than a few hundred exist.
    8. TouchPad 4G. I own one but it was very hard to find.
    9. TouchPad 64 GB. Same as the 4G Touch Pad.
    10. Pre 3. Many were made but never officially released.
    11. Umm...the Gnex with Open WebOS?
    Last edited by Ventus221; 04/15/2013 at 04:48 AM.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    jrb363, renater and ananimus like this.
    5 More than 3 exist, especially because some members from this forum have tested it during the testing period.
    6 Huh? If you doctor the Veer to 2.2.4 you can TTS all you want so that's not rare at all.
    8 Quite easy to obtain if you live in the USA but not outside of the USA (let alone getting it work; who knows in which countries it actually works). I would like to have one though if it supports the Dutch 4G network (my WiFi Touchpad is awesome but sometimes I wish I could use it on the road with internet, like I did with my Motorola Xoom 2,5 years ago before the TP came out)
    9 Not that rare, I guess. I've seen it on ebay.de multiple times, even recently. It was officially released in some European countries IIRC so at least a few hundred of 'em must have been made.
    10 True, but I wouldn't call it rare. It's actually damn easy to obtain a Pre 3, even after more than a year has passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    5 More than 3 exist, especially because some members from this forum have tested it during the testing period.
    6 Huh? If you doctor the Veer to 2.2.4 you can TTS all you want so that's not rare at all.
    8 Quite easy to obtain if you live in the USA but not outside of the USA (let alone getting it work; who knows in which countries it actually works). I would like to have one though if it supports the Dutch 4G network (my WiFi Touchpad is awesome but sometimes I wish I could use it on the road with internet, like I did with my Motorola Xoom 2,5 years ago before the TP came out)
    9 Not that rare, I guess. I've seen it on ebay.de multiple times, even recently. It was officially released in some European countries IIRC so at least a few hundred of 'em must have been made.
    10 True, but I wouldn't call it rare. It's actually damn easy to obtain a Pre 3, even after more than a year has passed.
    Oh don't be so snarky
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    snimaster likes this.
    Quote modified

1. Windsornot. At least one to two of the devices exist. There is a thread for it.
    Never Seen besides Photos...
    2. Touchpad Go. Fewer than a few dozen exist,. A seven inch Touchpad.
    Made Doctor (meta doctor scripts for webOS 3.0.5) with Touch To Share...
    3. White Pre 3. I only know that one of these devices exist.
    4. C40 Prototype. The Sprint Pre 2. Less than 6 I know of exist.
    Never Seen besides Photos, however assisted a few to convert a Verizon Pre2 into a Sprint Pre 2 (COMM board was from Pre-) including provisioning from the device (without swapping comm boards back)...
    5. Touchstone 2. At least 3 of these exist. Essentially an audio dock for the Pre 3.
    6. Veer with Touch to Share. Fewer than ten exist with the ability to do TTS.
    Made Doctor for (meta doctor scripts for webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4) with Touch To Share...
    Made Doctor for (meta doctor scripts for webOS 2.2.5) with Touch To Share...
    Never released Super meta doctor for webOS 2.2.4...
    8. TouchPad 4G. I own one but it was very hard to find.
    9. TouchPad 64 GB. Same as the 4G Touch Pad.
    10. Pre 3. Many were made but never officially released.
    Made Doctor for (meta doctor script for webOS 2.2.5 Verizon & AT&T), with Touch To Share...
    11. Umm...the Gnex with Open WebOS?
    12. Open webOS on other ARM devices...
    Never Seen besides Photos on many ARM devices...

Devices that were rare but are now common place...
    Pixi Plus with webOS 2.1.0
    Pre Plus with webOS 2.2.4
    Touchpad Go with webOS 3.0.5 (with Touch To Share, http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...d-go-case.html, as HP/Palm did not care to release)...
    Veer with webOS 2.2.4 (with Touch to Share)...
    Verizon Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4 (as HP/Palm/Verizon did not care to release)...
    Verizon Pre3 with webOS 2.2.5 (as HP/Palm did not care to release)..
    AT&T Pre3 with webOS 2.2.5 (as HP/Palm did not care to release)...

All thanks to Rod (and many others) for the meta doctor application and many hours of scripting...
  5.    #5  
    Again some of these may be wrong but they both based on what ive sen. Or owned. And I mean a Veer that came with 2.2.4 stock and it can do tts?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Quote modified

Verizon Pre3 with webOS 2.2.5 (as HP/Palm did not care to release)..

All thanks to Rod (and many others) for the meta doctor application and many hours of scripting...
    What does 2.2.5 change & how can I get it?!?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    cbosdell and boovish like this.
    Quote modified

Made Doctor for (meta doctor scripts for webOS 2.2.5) with Touch To Share...
    Never released Super meta doctor for webOS 2.2.4...

So there are really only a few hundred VZW Pre 3's? Now I feel special!

So, John, where can I find the webOS 2.2.5 script? I just did a git pull and don't see it included.
  8.    #8  
    Would anyone like to help me with my Veer 2.2.4 project im losing my sanity on trying to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Again some of these may be wrong but they both based on what ive sen. Or owned. And I mean a Veer that came with 2.2.4 stock and it can do tts?
    The one the backup came on was stock?

Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    What does 2.2.5 change & how can I get it?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    So there are really only a few hundred VZW Pre 3's? Now I feel special!

So, John, where can I find the webOS 2.2.5 script? I just did a git pull and don't see it included.
    verizon pre3 on page plus?
  10.    #10  
    It was stock
    Touchpad Go - There's no way the number is less than a dozen. Less than a hundred most likely, but there's way more than a dozen.

64GB Touchpad - have to have been several thousand of these. On Black Thursday, Ingram Micro had 200 of these in stock in a US warehouse, and had had them for a week or so; I don't really believe Ingram had most or all of the world's supply of 64GB TouchPads at that point.
  12.    #12  
    Hmm notice i said a few dozen not just 12 lol
  13.    #13  
    Wow :3 good one
    5). Touchstone 2.. way more than 3 of these exist!

There are x 3 such items on this ebay sellers list right NOW (4/12/13), for a start! ::

HP Palm Touchstone 2 with Audio Out Original Charging Dock Extremely RARE | eBay

But for $420!!!

~~~~

@ John Steffes - How is your Pre3 2.2.5 (AT&T?) build progressing - or do I gather that it now done!
    Great work!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/12/2013 at 06:24 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  15.    #15  
    again i may be wrong lol its only what i obsereved
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    again i may be wrong lol its only what i obsereved
    That's the great thing about this Forum.. and the Internet in general.. there are HUNDREDS + of us, also 'obsereveing'!

Lets face it.. you ARE 'wrong' LOL! - But it's great to see what 'rarities' are 'out there'! Thank you!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    64GB Touchpad - have to have been several thousand of these. On Black Thursday, Ingram Micro had 200 of these in stock in a US warehouse, and had had them for a week or so; I don't really believe Ingram had most or all of the world's supply of 64GB TouchPads at that point.
    Indeed, 'cause like I said earlier, they did launch it in Europe so there have to be at least some hundreds made for Europe alone: HP Launches 64GB TouchPad in Europe, Despite Poor Sales | TechnoBuffalo

@Ventus: The Pre 3 was officially released in Europe so your Pre 3 argument is a bit moot: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/08...g-to-u-s-soon/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    5)
    @ John Steffes - How is your Pre3 2.2.5 (AT&T?) build progressing - or do I gather that it now done!
    Great work!

Thanks...

A little birdie sent me a AT&T rootfs of webOS 2.2.5 (this is not the Verizon webOS 2.2.5, with Verizon parts removed and AT&T added), so as I was focused on the Touchpad Go build I have not gotten to the script to clean up the rootfs... but when I get the time I will post a script and a link to the clean rootfs in the page plus thread...

As I am on Verizon (on a PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4), I can not test the build's AT&T functionality, but I will be able to build a doctor and run it on another ARM device to test to make sure it passes the IPKG md5sums's checks...
    Thanks...

A little birdie sent me a AT&T rootfs of webOS 2.2.5 (this is not the Verizon webOS 2.2.5, with Verizon parts removed and AT&T added), so as I was focused on the Touchpad Go build I have not gotten to the script to clean up the rootfs... but when I get the time I will post a script and a link to the clean rootfs in the page plus thread...

As I am on Verizon (on a PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4), I can not test the build's AT&T functionality, but I will be able to build a doctor and run it on another ARM device to test to make sure it passes the IPKG md5sums's checks...

That's great news John. Thank You.. and what a thoughtful 'little birdie'.
    I therefore greatly look forward to your relevant and specific AT&T 'flavoured' webOS 2.2.5 updates now.
    And good luck with the 'GO' build too!

The Verizon 2.2.5 webOS Doctor just appeared on some WordPress blog, just for the ones who are interested
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast