Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/05/2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I thought you left. LOL I saw you post this on Twitter earlier today and played around with it. It's kinda cool and would be neat if it was an actual port. Pretty cool for how quick you did it!
  3.    #3  
    Stopping legacy dev != leaving.

This is just a random little project. Don't expect much out of it... I just thought it was kinda neat. lol
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Stopping legacy dev != leaving.

This is just a random little project. Don't expect much out of it... I just thought it was kinda neat. lol
    That's a neat little project, loving the feel of it.....just wish that you could use more features of the emulator but I'm sure that's coming soon(Garrett92C). I'm sure that web-browser emulator could be useful to those developers might be able to consider playing around webOS to create apps.

Side note: Have you consider coming back to WebOS, Garrett92c ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    That's a neat little project, loving the feel of it.....just wish that you could use more features of the emulator but I'm sure that's coming soon(Garrett92C). I'm sure that web-browser emulator could be useful to those developers might be able to consider playing around webOS to create apps.
    It's not really intended to be a replacement for the emulator. I'm just having fun building webOS with Enyo2. lol

Side note: Have you consider coming back to WebOS, Garrett92c ?
    No, not really. The only webOS-related thing I have going on is a new version of Dash Weather. You can find a live demo of that here. (Note: It doesn't work in the webOS 2.x browser.)
    I've been playing around with a new side project. It works best in a desktop browser since nothing is really optimized yet...

webOS Simulator

I'll add more to it when I have the time to do so.
    Still a better implementation than this:

BlackBerry Z10 | Glimpse
  7.    #7  
    Here's Dash Weather+ running in my webOS simulator. This is fun.

Yes, I got the cards working like they do in webOS. They can expand and minimize.

MikeDeWitt and RumoredNow like this.
    webwebOS
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    its almost as if you like webOS for some reason..
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    its almost as if you like webOS for some reason..
    Not necessarily webOS... I just like building things. heh
    kevets likes this.
    Not necessarily webOS... I just like building things. heh
    if youve gone as far as mimic'ing webOS via an enyo2 app, i wonder if you can expand that to mimic all the major OS's in a switchable way, would feel a bit weird seemingly "swapping" to FireFoxOS, Ubuntu, webOS, Android, Winblows, IOS visuals etc, and being enyo2 should work "nearly" on all those native OS as well.

just means taking your good old "themes" to a different level.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    kevets and Garrett92C like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    webwebOS
    web-ception?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    kevets and xandros9 like this.
    I don't mean to be critical of a "fun little side project", but is this supposed to do anything? I've tried it a couple of times in both IE9 and Firefox, and other than displaying the opening screen it doesn't seem to work. The only place I get a response to a click is @choorp, which opens Twitter in a separate browser tab. What am I missing?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I don't mean to be critical of a "fun little side project", but is this supposed to do anything? I've tried it a couple of times in both IE9 and Firefox, and other than displaying the opening screen it doesn't seem to work. The only place I get a response to a click is @choorp, which opens Twitter in a separate browser tab. What am I missing?
    I just tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE10. It works fine in all of them. Sounds like you need to update your browsers.
    lol, you mean Firefox 12 is no good? sorry, I don't use Firefox all that often, didn't realize how far behind mine was already. I could swear I just installed it a few months back, but I guess that's forever for Firefox. Anyhow, having updated to Firefox 20, it does seem to work. I am able to launch blank cards and launcher tabs, I guess that's all it's supposed to do so far. It is neat though, very slick and webos-y.
    Wow, I just loaded this up on the browser on my new Z10 and it works pretty darn well what you've built.

Makes me wonder what a cloud based webOS would be like. Push out a webOS launcher app and get full screen goodness? Run on any phone? I don't know how apps would work in here, but it's making me think about all sorts of possibilities.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Wow, I just loaded this up on the browser on my new Z10 and it works pretty darn well what you've built.

Makes me wonder what a cloud based webOS would be like. Push out a webOS launcher app and get full screen goodness? Run on any phone? I don't know how apps would work in here, but it's making me think about all sorts of possibilities.
    I haven't tested much on my phone yet. I did see that all the animations caused some lag in Chrome on my Nexus4 though.

Apps work pretty well! I have a couple of my Enyo2 apps "installed" and they work like they should.
    Yo dawg i heard you like webOS

So I put webOS into the web, so you can webOS while you web.

i odnt know...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    kevets likes this.
    Yeah it is smooth on the Z10 browser. It's still under the radar but I think BB10 may have the best browser on the market right now. It's one of the reasons I bought it, actually.

****, I don't even know what Ringmark is, but my Z10 scores better on it than the browsers on my PC.

Viva la virtual webOS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Yo dawg i heard you like webOS

So I put webOS into the web, so you can webOS while you web.

i odnt know...
    Dash Weather+ running in a webOS simulator card running in my webOS simulator app running in a Chrome browser window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast