• 1 Post By hagster
  • 1 Post By smooth3006
  • 3 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By purplepansy
  • 1 Post By Buddy1969
  • 1 Post By smooth3006
  • 1 Post By ananimus
    Thanks for that article...

Some of those gadgets I've never heard of, but may now want to investigate as a bargain shopper.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    that projector device? was that supposed to be something like what microsucks trying to do to their xbox now?

Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    They are wrong. The Pre is the only one of those seven that should still exist.
    purplepansy likes this.
    the pre line shouldn't still exist but webos should. i still hope LG will smarten up and release the right phone that both palm & hp couldn't.
    purplepansy likes this.
    The Pre line should absolutely still exist, along with the alternative form factors so many clamored for. Unfortunately, between Palm's lack of resources and HP's lack of intestinal fortitude, webOS was driven into the ground. I'm not optimistic about it ever being mainstream again. I don't miss it, because I still have all of my webOS devices, but I do miss being able to use it on my primary line.
    purplepansy, Rnp and Traderhorn like this.
    Hope someone at LG reads CNET.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Century22 View Post
    It's hard to take seriously a blog post that asserts that the Flip video recorder should still exist. I owned one several years ago but never touched it again after the average smartphone incorporated the ability to conveniently record and transfer video.

I bought the Flip because, although my Treo could record video, the resolution was pretty bad. Smartphones like the iPhone changed that, though. I couldn't even give the Flip away after that.
    That was exactly the point in the article... Cell phone camera capabilities advanced enough to kill the Flip.

They should have branched out. Action/ruggedness factors are pretty big for handheld camera/video right now. They could have waterproofed and shockproofed units to keep on selling...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #9  
    The Flip Video recorder is perfect for a 7 year old to use as a "super spy cam" as it takes a beating well.

In terms of the name Pre, people say iPhone no matter what version. If there was a Pre 5 people would say Pre unless they were all techie about it.
    Where is the Commodore Amiga?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    hagster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Pre line should absolutely still exist, along with the alternative form factors so many clamored for. Unfortunately, between Palm's lack of resources and HP's lack of intestinal fortitude, webOS was driven into the ground. I'm not optimistic about it ever being mainstream again. I don't miss it, because I still have all of my webOS devices, but I do miss being able to use it on my primary line.
    the pre line is years dated and we need something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    Yes, but the overall meaning is that the Pre line of devices should still be in existence. The Pre2 is what the original Pre should have been if it wasn't rushed to market. And the Pre3 should have been released right after (not to mention the WindsorNot). The obvious take off on that would bet that the whole webOS line of phones should still be alive and advancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, but the overall meaning is that the Pre line of devices should still be in existence. The Pre2 is what the original Pre should have been if it wasn't rushed to market. And the Pre3 should have been released right after (not to mention the WindsorNot). The obvious take off on that would bet that the whole webOS line of phones should still be alive and advancing.
    well the good news is IF lg decide to make a webos phone you can bank it will be a total redesign and something in a slab type device.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    I see little good news in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    true, but i personally like the name "Pre"
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Agree with the other comments: The Pre minus was awesomely outshone by the Pre 2. Pre 3 would still be ruling some roosts had it seen a couple software tweaks.

Pretty nice wrap up of theirs. Didn't know about the Harmony 9000. Stinks they're replacing it with the Touch line. It's a remote: I WANT BUTTONS!

Which leads me to a rant: There are times when touch screens are great. That list includes any time you're actively looking at the screen to do a thing. There are also times when it's completely stupid. That list includes any time you have a very good reason to not be looking. Then tactile buttons win, period.

So please keep your darn touch screens out of my car. I plan to be looking at the road, TYVM, and I expect good old analog buttons and knobs to be littered everywhere my muscle memory can reach them. That also include remotes since I'm probably busy looking at the TV on the other side of the room and don't want to look down (in the dark) to see the screen in my hand.

Good call on their part for the RAZR too. Too bad big, ugly candybars are en vogue now.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.