Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
    Derek has gone through a lot of reversals on the whole LG/webOS TV thing...

Once bitten, twice shy???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    HELP`: HP has resumed development of webOS tablets

This is what I found on news.google.com at this time, just a few begining lines, but when I made a click on the blue letters the link did not work.

Google news: https://news.google.com/news/section...5f5331c46c719c

However the site apparently is menafn.com. Here the brief news:

HP returns to WebOS tablets. Mar 28, 2013 (Menafn - Bangkok Post - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's biggest computer maker, has resumed development of WebOS-based tablets in Thailand to ...

IF SOMEONE CAN GO TO www.menafn.com and get the full information will be great.

I am in South America now.
    I cannot access, too...

But.. In South America?

Come to RJ, to we drink some beers!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I got got it weeeeeeeeeeeeee:

HP returns to WebOS tablets

Mar 28, 2013 (Menafn - Bangkok Post - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's biggest computer maker, has resumed development of WebOS-based tablets in Thailand to capitalise on the high-growth segment and boost revenue.

WebOS is a Linux-based operating system developed by Palm and later acquired by HP and then LG Electronics.

HP terminated its WebOS TouchPad tablet in 2011 due to slow sales. The US giant plans to launch its Android-based consumer tablet, the Slate 7, in Thailand by September at US169.

Taiwanese computer makers Acer and Asus recently launched low-cost tablets priced at 3,900 and 4,900 baht.

Thitaphon Boonprasit, director of printing and personal systems at HP Thailand, said the company is focusing on tablets as a strategic business to drive revenue growth.

Tablet sales in Thailand are expected to reach 3.5 million units this year, he said, while the local notebook market will probably see a slump or 5% growth in the best case.

HP is introducing its ElitePad 900, running the Windows 8 operating system and priced at 25,990 baht.

"We aim to be the market leader in the enterprise tablet market in Thailand," said Mr Thitaphon.

He noted the trend of businesses choosing tablets instead of notebooks as employees increasingly carry their own personal devices to work _ as many as 21% of workers at multinational firms, surveys show.

HP is targeting hospitality, health care, airlines, manufacturing and warehouses, said Mr Thitaphon.

One market research firm has said Thailand's commercial notebook market will see zero growth this year for the first time.

Commercial notebooks account for 25-30% of overall sales of 2.2 million notebooks in the country.

Mr Thitaphon said HP expects commercial tablet sales to contribute 70% of total revenue this year, with the remainder to come from consumer tablets.

http://www.menafn.com/menafn/a24d0b5...blets?src=main
    WTF is going on with HP? They sell webOS to LG, now they're making webOS tablets again? I'm baffled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I cannot access, too...

But.. In South America?

Come to RJ, to we drink some beers!

Best Regards...
    with some garotas (girls) why not eh
    This was shown to be a typo. See twitter

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    Well, there are girls in all places!

If you come, call me...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    This was shown to be a typo. See twitter

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    Yep, Yep.

We already saw this rumor come and go. WebOS Lives ? HP returning to a webOS tablet? [Update: Nope]
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    The Slate 7 is already available and is an Android-only tablet.
    namgod likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123