Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Nice! Maybe some work done on OpenWebOS for these devices will make their way over to us.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    They could have been talking about one of the alternate meanings of webos... HP may be working on a testicle-based tablet for all we know!

edit: sounds like a poor translation more than anything else...
    Last edited by kevets; 03/28/2013 at 10:53 AM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI all,

It's been a long, long time since I posted here and I hope this finds all of you well.

I don't know what to make of the following article, as who knows how accurate it is......it will be very interestng to see if there is any truth to any of this.

Jay
    You been missed, guy. Did you EVER get to play with a webOS phone? If not, I may send you one.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    This report is incorrect. The original Bangkok Post article had the same title last night but was edited by last night to reflect that HP is not doing webOS tablets. I have confirmed with HP that it was inaccurate. MENAFN syndicates from Bangkok Post, but edits don't appear to be carried over.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Welcome back ilovedesert

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    This report is incorrect. The original Bangkok Post article had the same title last night but was edited by last night to reflect that HP is not doing webOS tablets. I have confirmed with HP that it was inaccurate. MENAFN syndicates from Bangkok Post, but edits don't appear to be carried over.

Thanks for the info, Derek!
    Seriously, people, stop getting up your hopes that HP will get involved in webOS again. They're not, let alone making hardware again.

HP is the company that all but destroyed webOS to the point where they sold it to LG for an amount that wasn't even material enough for reporting on either company's financial statements. Why would you want to put any faith or trust in a company like that?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Geez Derek... thanks for letting people have some hope on an enthusiast site.

Please feel free to kick this guy while at it...

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/28/2013 at 04:28 PM.
    I'm saying is that HP is a lost cause. There are better places to focus energy, like LG - you know, the guys that actually own webOS and plan to do things with it now?

This community's been battered and bruised enough, we don't need to get our hopes up over nonstarters only to be disappointed yet again.

Frank Lloyd Wright
    Derek, understand your point but all the OP was doing was linking an article he found. Everyone supposed to ignore any articles with HP and WebOS I'm them? lol

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Derek, understand your point but all the OP was doing was linking an article he found. Everyone supposed to ignore any articles with HP and WebOS I'm them? lol

yeah but the article never once said there was going to be a webOS device or comeback, it was just a poorly worded title with the body of the facts clearly stating android and windows only.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 03/28/2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I'm just gonna say that Derek's response to the puppy post was just funny.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Yup... 'enthusiast' site label takes a bullet to the head.
    Well...at least we have toasters....maybe? And our other WebOS electronics?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.

If it's going to lead to false hope, then yes, maybe. But then again, maybe not.
    I'm not sure now.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc60170 View Post
    What do you all make of this item I found when I Googled "What to do with HP Touchpad?"

HP returns to WebOS tablets - Financial and Business News - MENAFN

Seem to good to be true and very odd.
    Only a few days until April 1? Could be a trend this year...
    Last edited by El Digit; 03/28/2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: clarify meaning
    I was with Palm before Palm wasn't cool.
    BAXTER!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If it's going to lead to false hope, then yes, maybe. But then again, maybe not.
    I'm not sure now.
    if an article had soem glimmer of truth id have no issue with talk of false hopes and random suggestions on the forums, its just that that post had 100% nothing in it suggesting anything about webOS other than the badly worded title, everythign else clearly stated windows and android.

so yeah im a fan of smashing this post and the "news report" down to the ground as they contain nothing of use and certainly no hope, had it actually mentioned webOS at all in a quoted report then there would be plenty of reason for random speculations.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.

no ofc they shouldnt, but they should at least read the whole article instead of just the title.
    RumoredNow likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast