Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes
  1.    #1  
    I came across this page:Stop Trying To Make WebOS Happen. Itís Not Going To Happen | TechCrunch

I haven't keep up to date with webos in the past 3 months. What progress is being made I know lg brought webos. But are they going to use it for anything else besides smart tv?
    The author should really go preach to his own choir... after all, we have ours

I mean, there's two disparate realties here that each have some fact to them, but both mindsets are biased and emotional. Addressing the enthusiasts the way he did, IMHO amounts to trolling. But then i don't expect anything better of TechCrunch. Ignore it, there are better uses for our energy
    Next article: Stop Trying to Brush Your Teeth in the Morning - They'll Fall Out Anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Next article: Stop Trying to Brush Your Teeth in the Morning - They'll Fall Out Anyway.
    I've known people to lose more teeth that brush them, as apposed to most who don't.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    I've known people to lose more teeth that brush them, as apposed to most who don't.
    I know what you mean. Fluoride and a hard toothbrush / excessive brushing / poor brushing technique, both damage the pereodontal ligaments that keep gums attached to the teeth. And gums are the only barrier between alveolar bone and bactera-laden saliva.

I could go on and on about this, but i don't suppose anyone would want to listen about dentistry stuff until the own teeth sstart hurting. So my advice to people would be to hold the toothbrush like a pen, not like a tennis raquet... that alone would make a difference.
    Next up from author John Biggs: "Alpo dog food - enough already! They all die anyway."

He does sound like the trolls we used to have on this site. A 'techie' with a hard-on for one OS and deathwish for anything that isn't his favorite flavor of the year. Thank God for blog articles - they give jobs to anyone with a narrow point of view and no ability to allow other humans to have hope of any kind. I read stuff like this and think "ahh yes, the Perez Hilton of the tech world". Negative articles fuel page views and I can show my 'blog bosses' that I must be a good writer if I can generate page hits. Sigh.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/10/2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Next up from author John Biggs: "Alpo dog food - enough already! They all die anyway."

He does sound like the trolls we used to have on this site. A 'techie' with a hard-on for one OS and deathwish for anything that isn't his favorite flavor of the year. Thank God for blog articles - they give jobs to anyone with a narrow point of view and no ability to allow other humans to have hope of any kind. I read stuff like this and think "ahh yes, the Perez Hilton of the tech world". Negative articles fuel page views and I can show my 'blog bosses' that I must be a good writer if I can generate page hits. Sigh.
    Could we please keep this thread on topic!
    It's about the value, or lack of value, of brusing your teeth.
    Just call me Berd.
    Dang heavy-handed mods! LOL

BTW... I love how that article has the comments section turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dang heavy-handed mods! LOL

BTW... I love how that article has the comments section turned off.
    lol

Too funny. But the published comments i saw weren't really that harsh either... so one can surmise how awfully fragile Mr Biggs' ego can be
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    "Is Webos os really dead?"

*turns on Pre 3... looks up contact... places phone call...*

Nope. Still good.
    Hmm. I just loaded Preware on my "new" Touchpad last week. Activated a new Pre (third one) on Sprint last week. So technically, WebOS is not dead. When there are no more Touchpads, Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixis and Veers in use, then one can say WebOS is dead. I guess there are some folks that can't seem to get that some people just prefer something other than Android and iOS. I rather like having more than two choices myself.
    To the mass market? Yeah, it is pretty dead at this point. From the looks of it there won't be any LG webOS mobile hardware. Oh well. Hobby OS? Pet OS? Zombie OS? Whatever - it's all good, they can call it what they want. The people who like it will continue to try and find ways to use it. It is fun.

This particular writer sounds like he/she (not going to double check - not worth giving them the click) just wanted some page views. Didn't exactly add much new to the conversation.
    Twitter: @GoodOLMC
    jrb363 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    reminds me of a quote i saw somewhere (i forget where).

it stated: stay fit, stay healthy, die anyways.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    Hmm. I just loaded Preware on my "new" Touchpad last week. Activated a new Pre (third one) on Sprint last week. So technically, WebOS is not dead. When there are no more Touchpads, Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixis and Veers in use, then one can say WebOS is dead. I guess there are some folks that can't seem to get that some people just prefer something other than Android and iOS. I rather like having more than two choices myself.
    its like a desktop OS, i only used windows because i use netflix, i now have a native (via wine/etc) netflix for ubuntu so ive aborted all trace of windows, even after that im still using my now altered to non ppc amiga workbench via some of those nice FPGA boards you can get (FPGA Arcade and Chameleon64+dock+minimig core, which i even made portable by abusing my GAEMS G155 hdmi 'monitor in a case' which is intended for a ps3/xbox), im now back in classic amiga dreamland with all my old stuff working, now i just need to save a bit more to get an amiga X1000 which ive been waiting to get for a while which also dualboots into a linux box, tho i believe PPC ubuntu etc is a bit out of date and lethargic compared to the rest.

point being i suppose is that we all use what we like and imho it doesnt matter if their old, out of date, unpopular with others or just plain unobtainable via normal means, we all use what we want to use and find easy to work with.

+1 for not being sheep.

EDIT: Added some non sheep pics of retro goodness.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 03/11/2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Remy X and GreenHex like this.
    Man, I don't remember the Palm Pre website AKA now known as WebOS nation having such harsh readers and posters. I first joined when I got the Palm Pre from Sprint a week after it came out and now haven't been on the site for about a year, well on and off for about a year. I sadly had to give up the Palm Pre and move on to Android as I could not and will never use Apple. I have the lg Nexus 4 which uses a very similar device as the touchstone for the wireless charging feature it has.

To the OP, I would say that nobody knows still at this point how such an amazing operating system can be disregarded like it has, but that's really where it seems to be going. Like I said nobody knows, but the only thing you can do is to keep reading and hopefully we will see some sort of change. I personally love Android at this point. It took a while but the apps and the user interface is amazing, especially on the Nexus 4 that I have which as 2 gigabytes of RAM and a 1.5 gigahertz quad core Snapdragon processor which makes the phone instantaneous. If you compare it to your palm pre you will most likely never use the Palm Pre again. I still have mine and in the 4 to 5 minutes of booting up the pre, I already got approximately 10 tasks done on the Nexus booting up at the same time! Believe me I held onto the pre as long as I could and sprint as long as I could, but once sprint and the pre stop putting effort into their products and advertising, I switched to AT&T which I absolutely love and like I said the Nexus 4 which is an amazing product.

I do have the HP TouchPad, so webOS is still a part of my life and I love it because I still enjoy using a tablet as the convenience level is through the roof, and I still get to keep up to date with webOS and its operating system, and Preware, and the only thing missing is the iPhone operating system and I've had my share of that when I go visit my brother and his kids as everyone and their family has iPhones and Ipods, no iPad but my brother's wife has the Mac Book Pro which is so thin and such a work of art as far as its construction.

Disregard the haters and keep posting and keep reading and most importantly to avoid the haters even more, do a search as you will be surprised at how useful that feature is not only on this form but every form that you come across. Good luck with your adventure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  16.    #16  
    OK lets stay on topic! So is webos dead? I mean we have no new hardware being produced and no new software updates. So what about phoenix what are they doing? is gram working with lg now? Does anyone thing lg will eventually make webos tablets and possibly phone?
    technically then, it died in 2011 but here we are still using it, its not like it stopped functioning.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    WebOS is very alive in my life.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
  19.    #19  
    webos is somewhat alive in my life! im a phone addict lol i have iphones,androids,and every webos device except for the pre 3.
    LG just bout WebOS. That's an anti death.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast