webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > My new webos slogan
My new webos slogan
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mattmers
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0

Old 03/07/2013, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

"webOS, the Hydrox of smartphone operating systems"

think that fits lol. I want to make a sticker and put it on my Laptop.

What Hydrox are Link

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
Twitter: MatthewMers
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by boovish likes this.
Old 03/07/2013, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Oreos to Hydrox: Resistance Is Futile - March 15, 1999

Quote:
"It's a familiar story: A small, fledgling company comes up with a great new product--so great that a bigger, more powerful company copies the idea. The larger firm flexes its superior distribution and promotional muscles, the smaller outfit watches helplessly as its business slips away, and that's that--another case of the strong running roughshod over the weak. "
Well the sad thing is HP wasn't a weak company.
Old 03/07/2013, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, at least some new CEO didn't come in and kick Hydrox to the curb. :/
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2013, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Well, at least some new CEO didn't come in and kick Hydrox to the curb. :/
No, but in was bought by keebler and changed the recipe and renamed it. Then Keebler was bought by Kelloggs and removed them from the market. It sounds similar to me.

Old 03/07/2013, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
No, but in was bought by keebler and changed the recipe and renamed it. Then Keebler was bought by Kelloggs and removed them from the market. It sounds similar to me.
True. Makes to sound much the same as webOS. At least the cookies got to soldier on for almost a century before getting the axe.
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Liked by mattmers likes this.
Old 03/08/2013, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was wondering what had happened to Hydrox... I always liked them a litlle better than Oreos. Apparently like most other people, I always thought:

1) Hydrox were just a clone of Oreos, probably made possible because some patent had expired years ago... I always assumed Oreos were the original.

2) Hydrox was a weird name. Droxies, which I'd never heard of, is just about as weird.

Nowadays we buy the Stater Bros. store brand "Dunksters" which seem equivalent to Oreos to me. My wife insists on buying the double-stuffed variety though, which I think have the cookie-to-creme ratio all wrong.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2013, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree - double stuffed have way too much filling. I had never heard of Hydrox. However, I kind of remember getting a blizzard-type frozen dessert once that had cookies in it that looked like Oreos but I remember the logo was not Oreo on them - I can't remember what was on them though. Maybe that's what was in it.

Old 03/08/2013, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I agree - double stuffed have way too much filling. I had never heard of Hydrox. However, I kind of remember getting a blizzard-type frozen dessert once that had cookies in it that looked like Oreos but I remember the logo was not Oreo on them - I can't remember what was on them though. Maybe that's what was in it.
Quote:
The Carvel ice-cream franchise still sells ice-cream goods manufactured with "Hydrox" cookie crumbs. Carvel used the cookies' all-kosher status as a selling point as the original Oreo recipe used lard.[3] The cookies are not specifically mentioned by name on the Carvel website, but they are identified as hydrox (lower-case 'h') on the in-store posters.
According to wikipedia

Old 03/09/2013, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Interesting story... Though i must say, i could have never guessed that the story had anything to do with foodstuffs... the name is more fitting for an oxiclean-style cleaning product
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0