Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Widgets are great. The best part is that you have the option of not adding any to your homescreen.

No widgets = bad.
    Having the option of using widgets = good.

I barely use them, but if I wanted to, I have the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Wow - there are some nasty people in this thread.
    Thank you... I like you, too!

Ok, Berd... I stopped here!

Back to thread...

I see more details to add in Synergy description: the option to access informations linked without leave the screen where you are.

This is really fantastic; for example, inside the Messaging App, I can send e-mail, send IM message, call the phone number, send the SMS (duh! ) and access the contact information to leave some reminder.

Synergy Is more than only joint the informations from different sources...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    kataran likes this.
    I just recently picked up my first webOS device.
    The TouchPad.
    I had very little time with webOS two or so years ago.
    I'm on day three with my TouchPad, and I'm still far from exclaiming; webOS Awesomeness.
    I'll keep you guys posted.
    Just call me Berd.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The TouchPad.
    I'm on day three with my TouchPad, and I'm still far from exclaiming; webOS Awesomeness.
    Being that the TP lacks the gesture area of the phones, you're not getting the full experience. Since others like iOS have adopted the Enyo sliding panels that the TP introduced, you'll probably feel like it's just another feature without realizing that webOS had it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The TouchPad.
    I'm on day three with my TouchPad, and I'm st ill far from exclaiming; webOS Awesomeness.
    I love webos on phones. Touchpad not so much, I think they did a bad job.

For one thing the cards are way too big, they only needed to be big enough to to be able to what that is. And the stacks can barely see what's behind the first one, rendering them pretty much useless. Good thing LunaCE did some work on that and also brought back the mini cards. And speaking of minicards, that is the one thing that's keeping me from saying webos is perfect on the phone. There is just no way to get a quick view of the "big Picture" if one happens to have a few cards open more than normal. I suppose they thought since they gave us stacks don't need minicards anymore.

But maybe webos is best on a small device. For example to do advanced gestures on the phone its supposed to be full swipe from one side to the other, but if found it easier to do a half circle starting on one side and going over the screen to the other side. Either way is fine but its one of the things that makes webos on phones so appealing to me.

But yeah, not blown away by webos on touchpad, can take it or leave it
    kataran likes this.
    When I made a comment some time ago about notifications, nobody mentioned the gesture minimizing solution. I was glad to learn this today despite the tone of the responses to my small, 2 item comment.
    I'm happy to be usefull!

In true, I miss resources from Touchpad in Pre 3 and vice versa...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    When there is a notification for a missed text and a missed call the bottom of the screen is under the notifications and that includes the bar on the bottom. I don't want to have to swipe away notifications to make a call.
    Really? You know you can just swipe up and hold to bring up the wave launcher? Not only that, if you never interacted with the notification, it will just minimize. Or like this over guy said, you can just swipe back.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

okay, I just adjusted the article a bit - I hope everybody finds his suggestions there.

Thank you all for your input so far!

PS: Yay! We have a second donator!
    Last edited by Vince42; 02/27/2013 at 04:21 PM.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    To add to your list, I like how the pre alerts in two ways when a word is auto corrected. Helps to not send nonsense messages.

Also deleting whole word at a time and by extension many words really fast. I have never seen this on android or ios and at first I thought it was because software keyboard can't do it, but the touchpad does. Little details overlooked by the others.

Tip of the day: Back swipe clears numbers in dialer really fast
    webOS is simply the best. I have tried the rest and webOS is always the best. I use webOS and Uhuntu as my primary OS.

I sometimes use windows 8 and 7 and I can't wait to get back to webOS. I have tried IOS and Android. Both of these are complete junk! I can't believe that this absolute crap called Apple and Android are the top OS today. Just shows how stupid and ignorant the general public is
    kataran, Rnp and merlin29 like this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmacholda View Post
    webOS is simply the best. I have tried the rest and webOS is always the best. I use webOS and Uhuntu as my primary OS.

I sometimes use windows 8 and 7 and I can't wait to get back to webOS. I have tried IOS and Android. Both of these are complete junk! I can't believe that this absolute crap called Apple and Android are the top OS today. Just shows how stupid and ignorant the general public is
    The sad thing about superior solutions is, that they are not necessarily the most popular ...

But I am still optimistic that the guys at webosports will make it possible to load webos on every phone on the planet - and once this becomes possible, webOS might become popular again like Linux became on the computer.

It is really nice reading so many enthusiastic posts ... sometimes I felt lonely with my love for webOS, but now I know that pushing the idea behind webos24.net is a *good* one ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    kataran, Rnp and merlin29 like this.
    I've never owned a non-palm phone. Do other phones store all of your info in a profile for you? S that when you replace or upgrade your phone, almost everything just works?

Also, synergy man. My iPhone pusher friends keep trying to turn me to the darkside, but the calendar alone is worth staying (I can view my school and work, my wife's, and each kid, and immediately know what's what. and for fun I added holidays, birthdays, and a blackout Calendar for my Disneyland season pass)
    My wife has an iPod Touch - first generation from 2007 with 3.1 OS on it. The calendar is fantastic yet she was a Palm fanatic and used WebOS for 2 years. She still preferred the Palm desktop software but finds this a great 2nd. She now has Android which uses the same Google contacts and calendar as WebOS and she thinks that stinks.

The iPod Touch is our only i device. That darn thing is still works flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    I've never owned a non-palm phone. Do other phones store all of your info in a profile for you? S that when you replace or upgrade your phone, almost everything just works?

Also, synergy man. My iPhone pusher friends keep trying to turn me to the darkside, but the calendar alone is worth staying (I can view my school and work, my wife's, and each kid, and immediately know what's what. and for fun I added holidays, birthdays, and a blackout Calendar for my Disneyland season pass)
    I've had zero issues having my information synced to my SGS3. Contacts, photos etc. I'm not important enough to need a calendar for my daily activities aside from birthdays and when the next hockey game is on....and I've gone through a couple of phone replacements, due to my own carelessness, and multiple ROM flashes.

I can't say I really miss synergy, it still feels like I still have it.
    Garrett92C and dignitary like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I can't say I really miss synergy, it still feels like I still have it.
    You do still have it. "Synergy" is basically just having your data synced between your accounts and devices.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post

All phones nowadays more or less can accomplish the same things. The main difference is that with webos you feel more in control, like have it your way kinda thing. You can have one card or non, stack, unstack, many or none.

The way I use my phone is to have my most used app by itself and and a stack to the right with apps I frequently use or if I mean to get back to something I park it over there. That's the way I like it and until another phone can give me that I'm not going any where.

PS. That's not to say that other phones don't do some things better or easier, and they should because they newer. For example I like copy and paste in android better, but for the things I do the most webOS is it for me
    You do still have it. "Synergy" is basically just having your data synced between your accounts and devices.
    I know....it keeps getting brought up, so sometimes it makes me wonder if there was something I was actually not using or missing or I don't know. It just doesn't seem like a valid argument to me because as far as I was aware, all phones do this. <shrugs>
    dignitary likes this.
    Widgets are great. The best part is that you have the option of not adding any to your homescreen.

No widgets = bad.
    Having the option of using widgets = good.

I will have to agree, I will liked a weather and notes Widget for WebOS....but again in such tiny screens it would have been difficult in reading them for WebOS phones. However on the Palm TouchPad, things could have been different if WebOS Team could had more time and efforts to pull things through with the WebOS 3.0 version.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    For example I like copy and paste in android better, but for the things I do the most webOS is it for me
    I don't know so much on the Android version of copy/paste words(don't like it much), but I much prefer the Apple's iOS solution to copy and pasting and it's shake to undo words and what not....I wish WebOS 2.0 had features like that, yet WebOS team kind lack talent on that area...so no blame
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I will have to agree, I will liked a weather and notes Widget for WebOS....but again in such tiny screens it would have been difficult in reading them for WebOS phones.
    There's plenty of room for onscreen widgets if you move some stuff around. I haven't run into any issues yet.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 03/01/2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast