webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > The New WebOS podcast.
The New WebOS podcast.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Ventus221
  • 1 Post By Ventus221
  • 1 Post By Ventus221

Old 02/14/2013, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

SO Ive been slowly building up a group of people to make this thing actually work, I have so far a few Android Ports Developers from the Classic Nerd Team, who would come on to talk about their work. What I need thoug his a few more people who would be willing to help out regarding possible help in being maybe even regulars on the show, discussing the app of the week or so. Discussing problems and fixes and the overall state of WebOS from a hardware and software perspective. I'm aiming for an every two week approach with it so there will be time to garner the nessicary material. My question is would you like to help?

There is no former experience needed, all you need to be able to do is follow a structure, have fun with it and be able to be able to sit down in a chair for 25-30 mins every two weeks to talk about something amazing .

I would also like help from people of the Home brew community, who would likely maybe come on and talk about their work and maybe what they would like to do for the Touch Pad or phones for the future. I will be using Google plus hangouts to create this so hopefully that makes it more accessible to the community, all this requires is a mic, a webcam, and a person

Any person willing and looking to help send a message to my inbox, Also weekends will be the best time as the classic nerd team has open availability, as do I. Also I'm going to be asking people around the community high profile members including The Webos ports and developer teams if they would be guests to talk about ongoing progress with their works. So... That's it...im asking for community volunteers for this project. Thank you all so much!

Last edited by Ventus221; 02/17/2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Clarification
Ventus221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by brandongoeszoom and Onanii like this.
Old 02/14/2013, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

If it fits into my crazy schedule, I'd love to help out!
Old 02/14/2013, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice lets see if we can get more supporters
Old 02/15/2013, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Would anyone else like a chance to help with this?
Old 02/16/2013, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

i appreciate your efforts but with webos pretty much being a dead platform im not sure how much interest you will get in this.
smooth3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
i appreciate your efforts but with webos pretty much being a dead platform im not sure how much interest you will get in this.
interest could be very high, however its down to the personal abilities of the ones interested, i couldnt do it as im utter rubbish at speaking anything sensible in front of others (broadcast over the net at least, soo self aware to be a face of the net) in an interesting way, even tho i like the subject at hand, am interested, im just well aware i couldnt contribute to this in any useful way.

so its down to the ones with the face's of tv/gift of the gab to do all the hard stuff, im guessing that wont be all of us.
Old 02/16/2013, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

No no don't say that, none of us have any sort of experience we need to do this for the sake of our platform. I have a few developers lined up but I need the community for this. We are really the only people who can do this and I have an itinerary we can follow
Old 02/16/2013, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
No no don't say that, none of us have any sort of experience we need to do this for the sake of our platform. I have a few developers lined up but I need the community for this. We are really the only people who can do this and I have an itinerary we can follow
maybe ask derek or the other people who often did the webosnations casts, it always looked to me (clueless guess ofc) that it seemed like rene ritchie was the director/man controling the guts of the video operations tho i'm probably amazingly wrong, maybe you can ask them (derek/rene etc) at least what tools/programs they used and steal any other useful info you can.
Old 02/16/2013, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well....ok I'll ask

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0