Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Can't HP make an Android tablet and or phone with a WebOS frontend , we get a nice elegant UI and a boatload of apps, HP get to have a very different looking android OS which would stand out from the crowd.
    Win Win as far as I'm concerned , also they could use the touchstone charging tech ( which I absolutely love )and as far as I know no other tablet other than the trusty touchpad uses conductive charging.
    HP just do it.......Now :-)
    I had an idea - I mentioned it under the 'nail in the coffin article' article. Here is is again:

Remember the screen to create a palm profile when you first turned on your device?

Why not a screen that says, "What OS do you want to try? Android, webOS, Sailfish, Ubuntu, Firefox OS"

Select

Download

reboot

Go!

You get to try out all the open OS (just reset and reload) before deciding!

Go on HP! Do something interesting!
    Exactly. What was their old tagline? "The Computer is personal again"
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    No... multiboot gonna finish with Android, because the people "know the name".

The same thing happened with netbooks with linux: a biggest part received Windows in the end...

IF this news are real, the HP is really lost...

Well... letīs find some investors to Gram, buy from HP, create our devices with webOS and rename the company to... Palm Inc. :-)))

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    <threads merged>
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I had an idea - I mentioned it under the 'nail in the coffin article' article. Here is is again:

Remember the screen to create a palm profile when you first turned on your device?

Why not a screen that says, "What OS do you want to try? Android, webOS, Sailfish, Ubuntu, Firefox OS"

Select

Download

reboot

Go!

You get to try out all the open OS (just reset and reload) before deciding!

Go on HP! Do something interesting!
    It would not happen because of co-funded marketing dollars - if you put android on a double-boot, it would never attract any of the shadowy under the table marketing dollars that go around. Moreover, I'm not sure that google allow you to bundle the all important google apps in that situation - anyone know?
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    It would not happen because of co-funded marketing dollars - if you put android on a double-boot, it would never attract any of the shadowy under the table marketing dollars that go around. Moreover, I'm not sure that google allow you to bundle the all important google apps in that situation - anyone know?
    maybe the plan its to attract all the indi-homebrew community
    to serve as reference model for os devellopement!!
    my 2 cents
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12