webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > "Mismatched" activation country, credit card country and/or access country
"Mismatched" activation country, credit card country and/or access country

Old 02/13/2013, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

I had a Pre 2 activated in France and I bought many apps using a French credit card.
I switched to a Pre 3 that I had sent from the US to France in 2011, around the time HP killed webOS. I unlocked it in France and so assumed it was first activated in France with a French credit card.

There have been a few paid apps that I haven't been able to re-install to the Pre 3, and I had assumed it was because of device incompatibility. Thanks to App Tuckerbox, I didn't have to worry about - I could find and re-install all my old paid apps.

Recently, I've been having a problem (403) with App Tuckerbox that Rod believes is due to a change on the HP side. I looked more closely at my Pre 3 with Impostah:
- Activation: Catalog Settings: "United States (Palm)", "English"
- App Catalog: Check Access Country: "FR"

Here's my problem: I see Apps in the App catalog, but apparently not all: Although I've already purchased "Guitarist's Reference Pro & Guitar Tuner", the catalog tells me "This is not a valid HP webOS application" when I try to install (hitting catalog button from Preware). It doesn't exist in the App Catalog even though Preware shows it's for US and FR. Why is this?

I can still purchase apps with my French credit card - I just tried it now.

I'm about to experiment using a US credit card, and by changing the access country using GMMan's app, or doing both together but has anyone else had problems with a semi-working setup caused by "mismatched" activation country, credit card country and/or access country?
Old 02/13/2013, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Can you access the app page online from a computer via the appredirect system? If it doesn't exist there, it doesn't exist anywhere.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Can you access the app page online from a computer via the appredirect system? If it doesn't exist there, it doesn't exist anywhere.
Yes, I can:
http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...tsreferencepro

Preware with Tuckerbox feeds picks it up just fine; that's how I know that it should appear in US, FR countries. But both the "catalog" button in Preware and the link above bring me to the "This is nott a valid webOS application" App Catalog grey screen.

I see you've got a handle on this profile authentication thing - what would you suggest I tweak first? Is it normal that my Activation Country is different than my Catalog access country?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 02/13/2013, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not aware of any differences. You could easily have, say, registered a TouchPad in the US, then choose Canada from App Catalog. Actually, I don't remember where/when it sets the country displayed in the webOS Account console. I'll see if I get any results fidgeting on my TouchPad. Skype me if you want to work together.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0