Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #21  
    Again I would be glad to do a google hangout with someone and do a pod cast on a weekly or rather a monthly basis. I mean just anything would work..
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    I would welcome ANYTHING meaningful - weekly, bi-weekly, monthly . . . WebOS is only mentioned on The Verge and other webcasts as an aside, in humorous pitiful tones. My fingers are crossed in the hope that we'll soon see Open WebOS begin to appear on something other than TVs, coffee makers and toasters (even if only through the faithful and tireless efforts of the homebrew community.)
  3.    #23  
    Who would like to joinme for one?
    Quote Originally Posted by warp drive View Post
    I would welcome ANYTHING meaningful - weekly, bi-weekly, monthly . . . WebOS is only mentioned on The Verge and other webcasts as an aside, in humorous pitiful tones. My fingers are crossed in the hope that we'll soon see Open WebOS begin to appear on something other than TVs, coffee makers and toasters (even if only through the faithful and tireless efforts of the homebrew community.)
    their needs to be be news and some form of activity tho, and the biggest movement will be the open webOS/webOS internals people doing their thing, but given the time frame involved and their lack of time to dedicate themselves due to irl situations its a slow movement and likely not worthy of news more than once.

sad but true, what else do we have worthy of news? not much...... I'd love too see new stuff but its going to be few and far between, and also probably quite low key, good enough for the occasional front page news report but for a webOS cast? it doesnt sound like it would end up being very interesting as a regular piece the way we are now.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #25  
    Well I mean we could still try.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    their needs to be be news and some form of activity tho, and the biggest movement will be the open webOS/webOS internals people doing their thing, but given the time frame involved and their lack of time to dedicate themselves due to irl situations its a slow movement and likely not worthy of news more than once.

sad but true, what else do we have worthy of news? not much...... I'd love too see new stuff but its going to be few and far between, and also probably quite low key, good enough for the occasional front page news report but for a webOS cast? it doesnt sound like it would end up being very interesting as a regular piece the way we are now.
    And what about talking about new apps? Sure, we're not getting the big names but I do see at least 2 new/updated apps every week so that alone would cover a minimum of 5 minutes talking about that. Combine that with webOS Internals/Ports news and rumors around OWO and you can get a decent podcast of at least 20 minutes a week.

[hr]

I would love to help with the podcast but I've never done one before and I'm also not sure about where the topic starter lives because there could be a timezone difference. But the biggest thing is just that I've never done a podcast so I have no experience at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    And what about talking about new apps? Sure, we're not getting the big names but I do see at least 2 new/updated apps every week so that alone would cover a minimum of 5 minutes talking about that. Combine that with webOS Internals/Ports news and rumors around OWO and you can get a decent podcast of at least 20 minutes a week.
    Speak for yourself, but I don't and won't waste my time talking about apps that don't interest me, nor do I believe anybody would be interested in hearing the release notes of what's new with the cafeteria menu app for a university in Berlin. There's a reason we don't cover apps all that often here - we have the time to cover everything new and interesting, sure, but is it worth spending that time?

As for Ports news, it's a small group and they make discussable progress in spurts every few weeks. There's not twenty minutes worth of news discussion every week that people would be willing to listen to - and that's the point of making a podcast, you want something that people are going to listen to.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    dignitary likes this.
  8.    #28  
    Actually, about that Mr Kessler. I actually have been gathering people for it and I have a somewhat weekly Iteneray lined up for it, I was wondering would you like to be apart of it as maybe a special guess host once in a while? So far I have myself, a few android developers from the classic nerd team to talk about their porting work, and I myself would just bring up topics and maybe fill in any information regarding the Homebrew community or apps.
    At this rate, the only thing left to talk about in a podcast would be to do a "farewell webOS community" podcast and bring back dieter, Keith Neuman, invite a few important folks over the years, and just jab over the good times, and wish us all farewell and good luck with our future mobile endeavors. In the end we can all call in an eff u to hp and move on with our lives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    @DKessler: I think you're a bit rude as you now respond to something that wasn't even directed at you! I was quoting geekpeter and answering to him on the subject of the OP starting a new podcast. So it doesn't matter what *you* want or don't want because I wasn't referring to what you should do; I was referring to what the OP or we could do for a podcast.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 02/15/2013 at 07:05 AM.
  11.    #31  
    Woah Woah guys!! Stop. Comon Now I understand Derrick's point but I believe that there is eneough out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @DKessler: I think you're a bit rude as you now respond to something that wasn't even directed at you! I was quoting geekpeter and answering to him on the subject of the OP starting a new podcast. So it doesn't matter what *you* want or don't want because I wasn't referring to what you should do; I was referring to what the OP or we could do for a podcast.
    You do realize that this is an open forum and anybody can but into any conversation with whatever point they want to add whenever they want to do so, right?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Garrett92C likes this.
    idd its an open forum for all, i dont think anyone should take any comment as a personal attack and more of a "heres simply what i think", if everyone agreed or disagreed on every matter it would be a very boring world idd.

to anyone including myself who adds in a "negative" vibe in this thread, its only because something like that is no simple task, its a lot of work for anyone, and as ive stated as well as others this community, that were not brimming with new and interesting information, so if a lot of people were gathered and you somehow succeeded on podcast no1 then went on to struggle and disintegrate before a second that would be quite a disheartening thing to occur and maybe a bad flag to raise for others in the future.

Imho it would be better if the OP created his own written plan first, some mock/idea things to chat about from what we currently have, or even news from the past, then see how long it takes him to manually enact this in private, see how long he can keep up his chat, time it all, and ultimatly see if he could idd make something that could fill whatever time target he seems a good medium.

i seriously doubt (could be wrong and probably am ofc) that the webosnation podcasts were largely unplanned or unscripted in some small way, i think its like having basically your own personal news station, you'd plan features/reports/things in general rather than just group people and hope for the best.

even if the OP requires a clash of heads for ideas and opinions its probably best to still have a basic plan and or timetable (a script??) that people can view beforehand otherwise its another good idea that ultimatly ends up like several other posts we end up expecting good things from but cant realistically be done.

can anyone else whos willing to help actually come up with some good ideas or features from the news we have now, and more importantly make something of that which can be talked about indepth with others for a suitable length of time?

im not saying its a bad idea at its core, i just meant that its hard, time consuming and the material at hand is amazingly limited and a lot of the material i personally can think of will be minor updates from the ports/internals side, and their minor updates imho would end up taking the biggest chunk of "whats happening with webOS today" in our future. (personally i wouldnt want to keep nudging them for info when their busy with homebrewing or irl stuff)

the above is not meant an attack but simply my personal opinion (largely negative ill grant but not meant in a bad way) and not meant to verbal spark attacks etc, just my opinion of the dificult topic at hand.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  14.    #34  
    Again, I'm making this a reality I just need a few people to commit a little time to help with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You do realize that this is an open forum and anybody can but into any conversation with whatever point they want to add whenever they want to do so, right?
    Of course they can and I'm not grudging against that. But you took my response way to personal even though it wasn't meant for you and then gave such a negative response and that I found a bit rude.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 02/16/2013 at 07:23 AM.
  16.    #36  
    Ok....regardless Vistuas do u wanna help
    Yes, I do wanna help. Although, like I said, I don't have experience with doing a podcast but if there's some way that I can help than I will
  18.    #38  
    All u need is a webcam a mic and google plus hangouts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12