webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > 3-year-old Pre just gave me an update alert.
3-year-old Pre just gave me an update alert.
  Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/05/2013, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
DallasXanadu's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
I've been using a Sprint Palm Pre since day one and hadn't been notified of a software update in years (understandably). My phone just notified me that there's an update for 1.4.5, which seems quite amazing. It's updating now, surely it will shoot high-def video afterwards, right?
DallasXanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief
 
Derek Kessler's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,799
They do that sometimes. Never quite figured out what's happening there.
__________________
"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
Frank Lloyd Wright
Derek Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 07:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasXanadu View Post
I've been using a Sprint Palm Pre since day one and hadn't been notified of a software update in years (understandably). My phone just notified me that there's an update for 1.4.5, which seems quite amazing. It's updating now, surely it will shoot high-def video afterwards, right?
That is great news. I have 2 Pre and 1 pixi all on Sprint. Maybe I will get lucky too!!!!!!
Mmacholda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,228
Phantom updates usually revolve around Bing Maps.

Check your device forum for multiple threads regarding this topic...
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
DallasXanadu's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Yep, a closer inspection revealed that the maps icon had reverted back to Google Maps. Launching prompted the download of the Bing maps app (again). And, just like it always has, it sucks mightily.
DallasXanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasXanadu View Post
Yep, a closer inspection revealed that the maps icon had reverted back to Google Maps. Launching prompted the download of the Bing maps app (again). And, just like it always has, it sucks mightily.
If you have not already, load up Google Maps by 72ka. It works pretty damn solid and he is always updating it.
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2013, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 28
I'm a WebOS Newbie.

How would I go about downloading this App? It's not in the App Catalog as far as I could tell.
fmhcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2013, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmhcom View Post
I'm a WebOS Newbie.

How would I go about downloading this App? It's not in the App Catalog as far as I could tell.
Preware, Brother. Get it. It will save your sanity.

Preware
Main Page - WebOS Internals

Also it will show you lots and lots about how your device and the OS behave and can be manipulated (customized).

Don't webOS without it!!!!!
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0