webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Will HP restore an old profile?
Will HP restore an old profile?

Old 01/28/2013, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

I mistakenly created a new profile when switching from a (broken) Pre3 to a Veer. The old profile had backup of some important photos from my Pre3. Is there any way HP can temporarily restore that profile? I can't get the photos off the Pre3 because it either won't boot or has a busted screen backlight (can't tell which).
grappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos aren't backed up to HP's servers. They'll still be in your media partition or online wherever it would be uploaded to. After you finish cleaning up your Pre3 you can log back on to the original profile you were using.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappler View Post
I mistakenly created a new profile when switching from a (broken) Pre3 to a Veer. The old profile had backup of some important photos from my Pre3. Is there any way HP can temporarily restore that profile? I can't get the photos off the Pre3 because it either won't boot or has a busted screen backlight (can't tell which).
One can always memboot and then transfer the files off of the device (using SDK file browser, or put/get with novacom)...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
One can always memboot and then transfer the files off of the device (using SDK file browser, or put/get with novacom)...
I'll try that, John. With the screen dead it's tricky . . . can't tell when or if the USB symbol is up.
grappler is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0